7 3.4%

23 11.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lona

I still haven't seen any delegation actually accusing Joost of inappropriate behaviour, not even on any ESC fansite from heresay.

I saw this article about another reason the EBU might have disliked him for other things.

Klein also stood out unpleasantly in front of the cameras. At the joint press conference with the ten winners of the second ESC semi-final, he spoke up several times without being asked and heckled the Israeli ESC participant Eden Golan (20).

He also demonstratively pulled the Dutch flag over his head when the singer made a statement.

This, plus the fact that he allegedly refused to pose for a photo with Golan earlier this week, were seen as anti-Semitic signs.

---

I know the source is BILD, but the first part was from a press conference with many witnesses. I don't think they would make it up and there is a picture where he has the flag around his head in the article.

The second thing about refusing to make a picture is hearsay. BILD also use allegedly. But maybe there is some truth to it considering his behavior at the press conference.

0scar

I saw this article about another reason the EBU might have disliked him for other things.

Oh come on, everyone was already aware of this behaviour in the second semi qualifiers press conference, which was somewhat childish but he didn't harass anyone.
Who harassed someone though, were Israeli journalists who kept on filming and photographing him after he asked them not to, like they did with several other artists (Bambie Thug for example). Invading personal space is harassment. Refusing to get a picture with someone isn't anti-Semitic, come on.

If this is the so-called evidence of him being an unpleasant person backstage..

han-g

This is what the biggest German ESC site does report too. They are a serious and very reliable source who are in contact with the delegation etc. Why should they make this up? I know people like Joost and make him the victim but the truth is - he is NOT!!!
There were various incidents with him during the past days, some minor, one major, but AT LEAST he has been aggressive and hostile towards a lot of people there. This has been confirmed!
Source

Chorizo

Joost was harassed by a Swedish camerawoman who didn't mind bothering him, but when she was told to f*ck off, she immediately ran to the police and played the victim. This really just sounds like an example of a woke snowflake. How pathetic! Since such behavior is strongly influenced by the local culture, I really hope Eurovision won't return to Sweden in a very long time. They should rather host in countries that are populated by people with the necessary mental maturity to handle such disagreements in a civilized manner.

I still think that this might be tied to Israel. Joost wanted to make a statement against Israel, so the EBU might have used this grave offence of the poor camerawoman as an excuse to get rid of him.

jatojo

Joost was harassed by a Swedish camerawoman who didn't mind bothering him, but when she was told to f*ck off, she immediately ran to the police and played the victim. This really just sounds like an example of a woke snowflake. How pathetic! Since such behavior is strongly influenced by the local culture, I really hope Eurovision won't return to Sweden in a very long time. They should rather host in countries that are populated by people with the necessary mental maturity to handle such disagreements in a civilized manner.

I still think that this might be tied to Israel. Joost wanted to make a statement against Israel, so the EBU might have used this grave offence of the poor camerawoman as an excuse to get rid of him.
And covid vaccines were just a way to make us dependent on Bill Gates?

Lumina

Please don’t spread fake rumors!!
Nobody of us was there.

ESC kompakt (source) had a livestream today and they discussed the Joost / Israel situation in the most neutral way. They are accredited press and they saw live what happened in the press room, they are a very reliable source. What you write here only because you‘re anti Israel is NOT TRUE! They can confirm.

They said very clearly that the Joost incident had NOTHING to do with Israel, especially not Eden! They also told that Eden has been harassed for things she didn’t do! One of the ESCkompakt team saw it live next to him! For example she said nice words about Nemo and about his win but people went after her because she accidentally misgendered him (like loads of people or even tv hosts) and stuff like this.

They also said that the Israelian comments about Bambie Thug were the same as in many countries… „witchcraft satanism… put your children away“…. It’s these kind of jokes most tv hosts made about the performance it would have easily made if there’s the chance. Israel‘s was taken and some people spreading anti-Israel hate blew that out of proportion and spread rumors Israeli magazines were mocking Bambie which is also not true. Don’t believe anything you hear!!!

Go to YouTube and search ESCkompakt (you have to understand German though).

Last edited:

Rubine

Yes Joost was not going to make a statement about the Israel situation. He is just a bit of a weirdo with sometimes a bit goofy mixed with directness comments and weird behavior. He put the flag over his head like he does after all his performances.

I think he’s very neutral about the Israel and Palestine situation. I don’t think it was a lot on his mind. I think it was a toxic environment to be in for him and I think it was very difficult for him to lose control over his act and be totally dependent on others.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Well the new information sheds a different light on the situation doesn't it.

Joost didn't hit the woman, but he did hit her camera, which broke.

What we need to know is whether it is standard procedure to film all artists after their performers or not. If it were, she was merely following protocols that he wouldn't adhere to. And that means he doesn't have much ground to stand on, and the DQ might have indeed been a valid, if extreme and disproportionate effect.

Sammy

Veteran

What we need to know is whether it is standard procedure to film all artists after their performers or not. If it were, she was merely following protocols that he wouldn't adhere to. And that means he doesn't have much ground to stand on, and the DQ might have indeed been a valid, if extreme and disproportionate effect.
Well, on the DVDs there have always been these segments of the artists leaving the stage, so it seems to be a standard procedure.

Reinventor

Still just rumors, nothing has been confirmed and this info is not in line with what the police said.

han-g

Doesn't actually say he hit her camera. He could have or she could have dropped it because she was scared. The language is vague enough to mean either

Lona

According to some reports he had an agreement with the ESC producers though that he won't be filmed directly after his performance. Then it wouldn't matter what usual happens as this agreement would supersede it.

jatojo

Police says the evidence is clear. It seems Klein will be found guilty. Since it's about something non-violent (no physical harm to a body, as I understand it), I can't imagine it will be more than a fine or maybe a conditional sentence.

SAYAY

Police says the evidence is clear. It seems Klein will be found guilty. Since it's about something non-violent (no physical harm to a body, as I understand it), I can't imagine it will be more than a fine or maybe a conditional sentence.
Yeah, and I suppose some kind of statement/apology

Rubine

Aftonblad said Joost admitted to the crime.

He made a fist movement.

Aftonblad has a different story every hour. I don’t know what to believe

Miloutchi

A fist movement, but without touching anyone or anything. And suddenly someone is bleeding? And the camera is broken? How? is Joost a wizard?

And who is that police spokesperson that the Dutch interviewed on tv who said that it wasn’t a physical crime? If someone’s bleeding, it seems pretty physical to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom