7 3.4%

23 11.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Etanna

I haven't been following this very closely so I'm quite confused by the outcome. Will the Swedish police just leave it like this? Because this stain of (rumoured and so potentially completely made-up) accusations is now going to stay with Joost forever as he hasn't gotten a chance to formally absolve himself of them. The final statement by the police only reinforces the rumours. Honestly, it would totally make sense for Joost to now sue everybody, just like Rasmus0714 suggested.

han-g

It seems the era of apology is over. We see that with the MeToo cases. It's not enough to say "I'm sorry" to someone you got too close to - at least not if the case has been in the media.

That's sad - to some extent.

On the other hand, if a person gets hit by somebody - with the intent to cause pain -, you can't expect that person to just accept an apology and then "move on". Often the best thing is actually to call the police, because if there is an insurance thing involved, or you find out later that the physical or mental damage is more severe than you thought, then you're in a better position if the authorities know about it from the outset.

It is entirely wrong to suggest that if the case is dropped after the initial investigation, then nobody got hit. Every day thousands of people are victims of violence without anyone being prosecuted for it. And I think if you got an insight into what happens within work places, you would find many incidents where someone is fired for behaving inappropriately towards a colleague even though a judge hasn't looked at the case.

In that way, I fully agree with the statement from the EBU after the latest news. That doesn't mean that I support the disqualification of Joost Klein. I don't have enough details to assess that.
I find it really hard to believe that there wouldn't be hard evidence one way or another in this case. Surely they would have cctv if nothing else. It's not as if this happened in a private home or someone's personal office/ changing room.

Top Bottom