7 3.4%

23 11.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LivingOrganism

To the Dutch news a Swedish spokeswoman from the police said it was not physically.

And why if there is proof on tape and all these witnesses, as suggested here, why isn’t he detained?
He's been put under house-arrest in his hotel room. It's also a form of detainment, just a less invasive one. Actually arresting a suspect is usually not necessary, especially if they're a celebrity. The main reason for arrest is most often the possibility of them running away and /- or hiding, which obviously would be too far-fetched in Joost's case.

Ted Talks

You’d be willing to hang Joost based on your comments. You immediately jumped to conclusions and didn’t pay any attention to actual facts, even when they were presented to you. You even call people horrid when they present you with data that doesn’t fit your narrative. Yeah, not a fan of you.
I'd be willing to hang Joost? o_O Come off it, that is beyond stupid of you to even say that. Frankly you should be ashamed for even making a comment like that.

All I have said throughout that following the complaint being made and the police being involved, the right thing was to not let Joost perform tonight. That is the correct thing to do by the law which I hold in higher regard than you and your conspiracy theories.

No actual facts showing Joost is in the clear have been presented here. People have made claims, but nothing to verify what they've said. The Dutch broadcaster's statement isn't exactly factual either as they've presented just one side of events - so until the investigation is concluded, there is no definitive story of what happened/alleged to have happened.

Miloutchi

Dutch commentator says fuck the EBU and says they all thought after being heard by the police that they thought everything would be fine. :(

He said - but he says he wasn’t there so he doesn’t know for sure - that Joost only pushed the phone down so he wouldn’t be filmed.

At the moment, I don’t see a Netherlands 2025 happen.

Stiven

Okay I just wanted to show how a person under police investigation would have to perform under :mk: law (sorry for low quality picture I don't have photoshop nor the time ):

I don't know much about :nl: or :se: laws but under :mk: law the only way a person under investigation can legally be near their victim is with police presence and none of AVROTROS "solutions" acknowledged the fact that Joost is currently under police investigation and legally cannot be near the victim. I feel very sad for the :nl: fans, but legally I can't see a way the EBU could have handled the situation differently. If someone who is knowledgeable on :se: law can offer us information on how it works when a person is under police investigation they are more than welcome. Because I can't see the EBU pulling the nuclear option on one of their largest contributors (both financially and viewership) unless they were forced to.

Sammy

Veteran

Dutch commentator says fuck the EBU and says they all thought after being heard by the police that they thought everything would be fine. :(

He said - but he says he wasn’t there so he doesn’t know for sure - that Joost only pushed the phone down so he wouldn’t be filmed.

the phone?!? i thought it was a camera-woman!

Iker

Veteran
I'm in a really bad humour watching Eurovision unlike ever before because of NL DQ. :-( Will the hosts adress the situation?!

Himan

Yep I'm going to turn off the TV too. Last good news. I can't vote for my own country.
We are not united by music.

southernstars

Well, you know now that you can’t firmly say shut up to a woman in the most progressist, feminist and woke country that is Sweden. And also, the EBU has gone full woke in the past few years.
There's something called respect.

NeoTen

Just keep your hands off a woman and their stuff when asked. Even when they annoy you. I don't get why people keep defending him. Next year :NL: be back with some older act that has a very calm demeanour. (Danny Vera-esque)

Himan

At least we wouldn't have won it, probably playing in the top 5.

ESC94

I hope my countries withdraws and never comes back. I tried to watch the show, but I just want to cry and turned off the tv.

I can understand that you´re angry. I would still miss your country at the ESC though.

I just give you a hug. xrunhug

Top Bottom