7 3.4%

23 11.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CatTully

There is a definite feeling of many backing Joost regardless of what’s happened and the victim getting forgotten in all of this. I doubt the allegation was made lightly.

Agreed with this. A lot of comments around this situation are imo pretty gross. Especially yesterday, when people were straight up already making up excuses for him.

Grinch

If you are investigated, you are suspended. This is the case in any occupation. You can’t continue doing your job until the investigation is over. EBU’s decision makes sense.

If the accusations are true, then he is an awful person and hopefully this experience will teach him to respect women. During the Semi 2 press conference he gave me bully and misogynist vibes so I’d not be surprised.

Jupiter

There is a definite feeling of many backing Joost regardless of what’s happened and the victim getting forgotten in all of this. I doubt the allegation was made lightly.
Absolutely. There is so much "Justice for Joost" and what not going on - many people don't even seem to care what actually happened.

And somehow it's linked to Israel and Joost is now some martyr against the Zionists or something. Even though there is zero relation here. This whole thing is so wild.

Irish Cameltoe

I don’t think it’s that dramatic tbh. SHOUTING IN CAPITALS AT ME BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE PROBABLY IS THOUGH.
You're really obnoxious.

Anyway... this will get interesting.

0scar

Just reminded that Nikkie de Jager will give our televoting points from a crowded square full of Dutch eurovision fans in Leeuwarden

crashworld

Veteran
This is unfortunate. Everything just seems so odd, like it's a bad episode of telenova.

I can't comment about his DQ is justifiable or not because there is just too little concrete information right now.
Just sending my regards to the Dutch fans and fans of the song.

Reinventor

I think we're still voting. At least Nikkie is still giving our jury points tonight.
So incredibly Dutch to be extremely harsh on EBU and this decision but still broadcasting and voting tonight lol
AVRO/TROS legally have to broadcast the show tonight.

b4ld3r

Yeah, it's weird how people on Twitter are calling for him to be let back in without knowing what he's done.

Apparently the EBU first got informed about the situation while the rehearsals already had begun, so if that's the case then kudos to them acting swiftly, provided he actually has done something that warrants actual police resources.

Since both AVROTROS and the commentator were quick to back him up, it will be interesting to see what the Dutch version of events is.

Ewigkeit

Veteran
Will EBU also investigate “Israeli press and delegation harassing other contestants” as well? Joost’s incident constitutes an allegation, and yeah, (as a fan of him and his song) f*ck him if he punched a woman in the face, but why is Israel not disqualified as well, when there are videos on Twitter and other social media platforms proving the existence of atrocious acts committed by the Israeli authorities throughout this week?

Uto

Veteran
Will EBU also investigate “Israeli press and delegation harassing other contestants” as well? Joost’s incident constitutes an allegation, and yeah, (as a fan of him and his song) f*ck him if he punched a woman in the face, but why is Israel not disqualified as well, when there are videos on Twitter and other social media platforms proving the existence of atrocious acts committed by the Israeli authorities throughout this week?
This is the million dollar question. I imagine it might have a million dollar answer.

Jupiter

Likely because EBU won't care what's on Twitter and only reacts when forced - aka if any party comes to them and informs them of what the Israeli delegation did, and presses for repercussions.

And apparently Bambie just did.

Pencissy

I read about it all over but the only video they could provide me is that Israeli press just recorded Joost without his permission in backstage.

If you're talking about this and y'all think that this is harassment, grow up.

Milos-BC

I really loved the performance, it was one of the highlights of the evening, in fact.

I better not comment everything that is going on.......and that is not connected to music.

Chorizo

On a more light-hearted note, SVT, which wanted to reduce the runtime of the final by one hour, have now achieved 5% of their goal.

(I don’t count the postcard because the additional booing will cost them some time.)

Stiven

Ok I don't want to beat a dead horse, however I fell compelled to say something after reading some comments written here and on other social media.
As someone who has been involved legally in situations similar to this one, there isn't anything that sounds out of place and I think that the EBU is getting way too much hate and blame.
For starters Police usually don't take verbal treats seriously and I say this as a person who works in customer support and had to report several clients due to treats two thirds of the time nothing happens, while rest of the time they usually just get a call from the police to tell them to act nicely. So the fact that there is a entire police report with investigation and interrogations says a lot about the incident that took place, it must have been something serious for the police to take action. Secondly things like this are pretty common like some users already said you don't want somebody who is under police investigation near the victims and this isn't something that is unique to Eurovision in fact this is the first time something like this happens. Third point is secrecy usually in order for an investigation to go smoothly and for the victims identity to be kept safe not a lot information will get released until the investigation is over so it's not the EBU fault for the lack of information the Police simply isn't giving a lot of information in order to keep the victim safe and the investigation in order so please don't put the blame on Martin Österdahl neither he not EBU would have wanted for this to happen and can't release a lot of information due to legal matters.
Personally the only thing I would have changed was dismiss the rumours about another delegation getting involved immedietly instead of waiting for an entire day to pass during which a lot explicitly anti-semitic rumours spread like wild fires, however I don't know :se: laws that much so I don't know if they were permitted to do that.

Jupiter

Ok I don't want to beat a dead horse, however I fell compelled to say something after reading some comments written here and on other social media.
As someone who has been involved legally in situations similar to this one, there isn't anything that sounds out of place and I think that the EBU is getting way too much hate and blame.
For starters Police usually don't take verbal treats seriously and I say this as a person who works in customer support and had to report several clients due to treats two thirds of the time nothing happens, while rest of the time they usually just get a call from the police to tell them to act nicely. So the fact that there is a entire police report with investigation and interrogations says a lot about the incident that took place, it must have been something serious for the police to take action. Secondly things like this are pretty common like some users already said you don't want somebody who is under police investigation near the victims and this isn't something that is unique to Eurovision in fact this is the first time something like this happens. Third point is secrecy usually in order for an investigation to go smoothly and for the victims identity to be kept safe not a lot information will get released until the investigation is over so it's not the EBU fault for the lack of information the Police simply isn't giving a lot of information in order to keep the victim safe and the investigation in order so please don't put the blame on Martin Österdahl neither he not EBU would have wanted for this to happen and can't release a lot of information due to legal matters.
Personally the only thing I would have changed was dismiss the rumours about another delegation getting involved immedietly instead of waiting for an entire day to pass during which a lot explicitly anti-semitic rumours spread like wild fires, however I don't know :se: laws that much so I don't know if they were permitted to do that.
Great post. Thank you.

Mainshow

Veteran
:al: Besa posting on Twitter: "Please Bring Joost back!" and levelling criticism at EBU's decision ("If he has done anything wrong in approacing a woman or man, he should be prosecuted legally. But that has got nothing to do with him competing in a music festival. The timing is too short to clarify things to take official stances. That menas he cannot be penalized overnight...)

Top Bottom