7 3.4%

23 11.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

0scar

Full disclosure: I know people who were there when it happened.
He punched a woman in the face. Do you really believe EBU would DQ him if it wasn't serious?
If only the media present would talk with the staff there, things could come out in the clear.
But I suppose the Dutch delegation has asked that the details not be specified.
And yes, I agree that EBU needs to improve their communication skills.

I'm sorry but nobody was able to confirm what happened and suddenly now it's "if only the media present would talk to the press there", sure man. What do you think everyone was trying to do

Sorry for my extreme reaction but this is a horrible thing to happen to all Dutch Eurovision fans, the Dutch delegation and there is basically ZERO transparency. Fuck the EBU for the way this went.

I agree that Joost should be disqualified if he was violent but nothing has been confirmed and even if so, the lack of transparency and communication of the EBU is terrible and I don't forgive them for that. If they just gave complete disclosure of what happened, then everyone in the Netherlands could be mad at Joost and agree that he should be DQ but no, they basically said nothing and then DQ him without any proper explanation. That hurts.

Jupiter

And what if he didn't and the investigation turns out to be that he didn't doing anything wrong and it's just one person unfairly accusing him? Then he's stripped of his Eurovision experience for NOTHING
I really doubt the whole investigation is around completely nothing. This is dangerously approaching "women just lie" levels and I really don't vibe with that.

if Joost was aggressive/violent towards the (female) staff, he took is dream aeay himself.

Rubine

He punched a woman in the face. Do you really believe EBU would DQ him if it wasn't serious?
If only the media present would talk with the staff there, things could come out in the clear.

I don’t like these hearsay

On twitter I see people writing about knowing people there who say he never hit anyone.

Please stop these rumours. We simply don’t know.

Ted Talks

I think this will need to be said repeatedly now amid the flurry of posts.

If there is an investigation, the details cannot be put out in the public domain. That is just standard practice from any police investigation.

If Joost has done what is alleged, then the investigation will find out and make its conclusions. If not, he will be cleared. That’s how investigations work.

Last edited:

Ted Talks

Guilty until proven innocent. That's the EBU for you. Abhorrent handling of this by the EBU.
So you’re happy to let a man under investigation for inappropriate behaviour perform tonight?

Of course it’s all alleged at this point but even if he’s later cleared he shouldn’t be allowed to perform tonight.

Would you feel okay if he was allowed to perform tonight and then the investigation concludes he was responsible for what is alleged?

b4ld3r

Yeah, he punched a woman in the face. That's why the Swedish police are investigating threats of violence. In Sweden, if you punch someone you are allowed to run around freely and we make up a completely different, less severe crime instead. :D

Storm

So what's AVROTROS angle here?

Are they saying 'he didn't do anything wrong so should not be disqualified'?

Or are they saying 'he did something wrong but not enough to be disqualified'?

The wording 'disproportionate' gives me slight pause. It sounds like something happened but they think DQ is too severe of a punishment. But if something happened and they broke some EBU rules, even if it was 'seemingly' a minor thing, how much leeway does the EBU have? And if the police is involved in the first place, he probably didn't just say a throwaway insult to someone. It's all so strange. Who knows when we'll ever get the full truth. But I just can't see the EBU disqualifying someone for nothing when they know how much polarization and negativity they'd bring to the contest, and potentially losing a country too?

Jupiter

Yeah, he punched a woman in the face. That's why the Swedish police are investigating threats of violence. In Sweden, if you punch someone you are allowed to run around freely and we make up a completely different, less severe crime instead. :D
The police are investigating what was reported to them and had a case filed. If these are two different instances, there is no real contradiction here.
If tho, bcs ofc one of or both could be rumors/wrong.

We also don't know how complete any info is we're having. We can't do much except for wait for more Info - and that might take awhile.

As for "if Joost had really punched someone, Artovos would not support him": yes, men sticking up for other men who have been violent towards women has never happened. Never. Not once in history /s

Top Bottom