7 3.4%

23 11.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoTen

Yeah I expected somebody from the dutch delegation or with access to it to say something by now. It's really strange that everybody is so silent. Usually more information trickles out through various channels. Especially since there have been some outrageous accusations thrown around...It's all super fishy.
Weird thing is.... all these different accusations came from different credible sources. Guys in the press or production that didn't knew each other and already go for yeaaarrsss. So, that tells me something really big must happened.

Etanna

Weird thing is.... all these different accusations came from different credible sources. Guys in the press or production that didn't knew each other and already go for yeaaarrsss. So, that tells me something really big must happened.
I was really surprised when SVT gave out a statement. And the EBU preventing Joost from rehearsing was so weird, too. They could have waited 3 more minutes and hush it up a bit longer. On the other hand, if it really were so serious than they would not be on the fence about it for over 8 hours. And somebody close to Joost would have leaked it already because they wouldn't feel morally obligated not to do that.

Anyway, I'm really sorry for the Dutch fans. Your chances of doing really well have been looking great so this must be extremely disappointing (no matter what actually happened and what will happen).

Jokuc

Sad to see this happen. Europapa was among my top 5 and I really liked his energy on stage but if the rumors are true he should definitely be disqualified.

han-g

If he didn't do anything wrong, someone from another entry would come in his defence. But, no one person from another entry, has said anything. That's telling.
Not necessarily, if they weren't there they might not know anything

njdevils94

Veteran
That alone should be a, if not THE reason, to sack Israel out of Eurovision for at least 3 years. So have Yugoslavia, Russia and Belarus forced to do so.
None of that has been proven in any way. Everyone knows there are people that have been out to get Israel from the get go.

If Joost actually punched a woman he should be disqualified. There's no excuses around it. The rumore considering that the Israeli delegation had said something about Joost's parents has already been debunked.

njdevils94

Veteran
I agree, but nothing has been concretely proven. The incidents are small and the effects can be dismissed as circumstantial hearsay. Twitter isn't exactly a reliable source of information. I'm grateful Spain posted a request for unbiased transparency. If one of the big five asks, the EBU should follow through.

So let them investigate. For now.
Good luck proving hounding in a court of law. I'm sure it went both ways. The same with the Spanish delegation which is just looking for attention because their song is coming bottom 5 on Saturday. No concrete evidence to back up either yet but of course people are looking to jump down Israel's throat right away.

Reinventor

None of that has been proven in any way. Everyone knows there are people that have been out to get Israel from the get go.

If Joost actually punched a woman he should be disqualified. There's no excuses around it. The rumore considering that the Israeli delegation had said something about Joost's parents has already been debunked.
As far as I know nothing has been debunked and nothing has been proven. Everything at this point is a rumor, even the physical contact could have gone the other way as well. I'm surprised some here are ready to defend Israel regardless but are jumping to condemn anybody else, be it NL or Spain.

NeoTen

Well, the stage crew member filed a police complaint. Can't imagine a workplace where he's allowed back on the premises right?

Rubine

The last time I logged in to write on this forum is years ago…

I’m devastated… I feel so overwhelming sad about the situation.

I hope at this point Joost Klein will not perform tonight. We don’t know what happened but in public eye he is now already doomed.

Mainshow

Veteran
The last time I logged in to write on this forum is years ago…

I’m devastated… I feel so overwhelming sad about the situation.

I hope at this point Joost Klein will not perform tonight. We don’t know what happened but in public eye he is now already doomed.

On the other hand, he's the most talked-about participant all of a sudden.
Even our biggest media outlets here in Germany brought it up - it's repeated on the radio as well.

They will clearly report about what he did or what he didn't do - so people will get the truth if he's innocent but his name is still on the minds of the viewers.
Actually, IF he participates, I think it's even a huge advantage, tbh.

Even last night, he came #3 in the audience's poll without performing live Oo

Magimixer

Again, I'd be really sad if NL and Joost don't participate this evening and I hope some kind of arrangement can be made.
However, it seems like EBU doesn't have much wriggle room.
According to people I have now heard from who work there, he did punch a woman in the face several days ago.
And this is on top of other agressive behaviour throughout the past 2 weeks. All the staff want him gone.

Rubine

On the other hand, he's the most talked-about participant all of a sudden.
Even our biggest media outlets here in Germany brought it up - it's repeated on the radio as well.

They will clearly report about what he did or what he didn't do - so people will get the truth if he's innocent but his name is still on the minds of the viewers.
Actually, IF he participates, I think it's even a huge advantage, tbh.

Even last night, he came #3 in the audience's poll without performing live Oo

Yes but I also don’t want Joost to win because of this drama. Without the drama for me it’s obvious Joost would not win. His song is fun and it has a deep meaning, he can entertain, but he can’t sing that great.

I just wish people vote for their favorite song. I will vote for Estonia.

Jupiter

Newest statement is that Joost threatened a female Production worker. But no words on punching anyone.

If Joost really punched someone, how is this such a long discussion? It should be clear cut than. OTOH "just" threatening somehow doesn't feel like enough to be completely "insta banned", feels more like an issue you investigate while letting him rehearse until the discussion is over.

It's pretty confusing either way.

Miloutchi

Can you even vote if the Netherlands is disqualified?

Dutch news media are saying he allegedly threatened a woman. So all the rumors about physical violence were probably just that … rumors.

Paco Roca

Can you even vote if the Netherlands is disqualified?

Dutch news media are saying he allegedly threatened a woman. So all the rumors about physical violence were probably just that … rumors.
I read that Joost reacted rudely but he had his reasons. One person from the Israeli delegation appears to have offended his parents.

If the Netherlands is disqualified you will not be able to vote for them.

SirPeterGriffin

Too much speculation but zero confirmation. Is it too much to ask for transparency? Nothing about this story has any shred of evidence and how convenient that it surfaces after his little quarrel with the provocative zionists.

Now we know that this will tank with juries just out of spite. Unless he is actually disqualified (big yikes!), i'll vote for him.

Jupiter

I read that Joost reacted rudely but he had his reasons. One person from the Israeli delegation appears to have offended his parents.

If the Netherlands is disqualified you will not be able to vote for them.
Those were rumors that seem to be somewhat debunked. At least nothing of the confirmed Info we have involves the Israeli delegation. It appears the woman that Joost threatened is Swedish, tho this is rather "half confirmed" as well.

Top Bottom