7 3.4%

23 11.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Reinventor

I don't want to see the Netherlands have to withdraw and I hope Joost can stay in the competition.
As already mentioned, I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with Israel but it would be great if EBU could communicate properly so all these stories come to an end. I mean, tonight's show is just hours away…
Has any info been given in the Dutch media??
No, nothing.

Jupiter

If Joost really hit a reporter/camera woman, the disqualification would be deserved.

It is, however, not confirmed yet. And other sources (also unconfirmed) already said there were multiple instances. Another involves a man from the Spanish delegation being apparently harassed by the Israeli delegation after shouting "free Palestine". This really is a whole mess.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
KAN's delegation has been provokative towards journalists and other delegations that were unfriendly to them, but at least it seems like the rumour that one of them mocked Joost's dead parents to his face will be debunked. No matter how low of an opinion I may have about the Israeli delegation, stooping to such low behaviour is the one rumour I was really hoping to be proven untrue.

That said, the OTHER rumour of the Israeli press hounding Joost because he refused to be interviewed by them has yet to be debunked.

The tension that results from such behaviour could have easily sparked the mystery altrecation. People rarely get into fights for no discernible reason.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
That alone should be a, if not THE reason, to sack Israel out of Eurovision for at least 3 years. So have Yugoslavia, Russia and Belarus forced to do so.
I agree, but nothing has been concretely proven. The incidents are small and the effects can be dismissed as circumstantial hearsay. Twitter isn't exactly a reliable source of information. I'm grateful Spain posted a request for unbiased transparency. If one of the big five asks, the EBU should follow through.

So let them investigate. For now.

Chorizo

That alone should be a, if not THE reason, to sack Israel out of Eurovision for at least 3 years. So have Yugoslavia, Russia and Belarus forced to do so.
Israel should be kicked out for turning the contest into a political travesty, just like Russia and Belarus. But the Israeli company Moroccanoil has been the main sponsor for years, so I guess there's nothing that can be done about it, because Eurovision is, after all, apolitical.

marty

KAN's delegation has been provokative towards journalists and other delegations that were unfriendly to them, but at least it seems like the rumour that one of them mocked Joost's dead parents to his face will be debunked. No matter how low of an opinion I may have about the Israeli delegation, stooping to such low behaviour is the one rumour I was really hoping to be proven untrue.

That said, the OTHER rumour of the Israeli press hounding Joost because he refused to be interviewed by them has yet to be debunked.

The tension that results from such behaviour could have easily sparked the mystery altrecation. People rarely get into fights for no discernible reason.
I am not eager beeing involved in that discussion. just in gerneral: nobody can be provokative after someone else had been unfriendly. that does not make sense.

han-g

I am not eager beeing involved in that discussion. just in gerneral: nobody can be provokative after someone else had been unfriendly. that does not make sense.
One rumour was that joost requested Israel not film him or take any pictures. They apparently then took to stalking him to try and capture him against his will giggling whilst doing so. That behaviour would be very provocative if true not to mention illegal.

southernstars

Sad because I love the song.

Sad also to hear he doesn't seem like a nice person. Imagine losing both your parents at that age though. That would have had a profound impact. Not giving him an excuse btw but there's a lot to be said for nature vs nurture.

0scar

I'm really not sure what to believe anymore and it's haunting. Eurovision 24 is ruined for lots of Dutch fans, or at least it's for me. I had to distance myself from all the news and rumours for my own mental health.

If Joost indeed punched a (female) photographer/stage assistant, there's no proper excuse for physical violence so I'd agree with him being DQ although I'd still be devastated.

Problem is I cannot imagine Joost, but especially AVROTROS, being this silent if it wasn't actually somewhat serious and a two-sided story. Eurovision was his dream so if a ""simple"" apology would do, I assume they would've done it in a heartbeat and carry on with it.

Something or someone apparently broke the guy if the rumours are true, without being too defensive of him. I don't want to be the guy to defend our entry at all costs but this feels fishy and dodgy, out of character for Joost, and just a nail in the coffin of the disaster Eurovision 2024 already was.

I feel sorry for the Dutch delegation who worked so hard for this, and anyone involved. It could go either way but if this turns out to be one of EBU's tricks for some reason.. well, let's say I'm done with Eurovision altogether. I even might quit it now.

NeoTen

I'm really not sure what to believe anymore and it's haunting. Eurovision 24 is ruined for lots of Dutch fans, or at least it's for me. I had to distance myself from all the news and rumours for my own mental health.

If Joost indeed punched a (female) photographer/stage assistant, there's no proper excuse for physical violence so I'd agree with him being DQ although I'd still be devastated.

Problem is I cannot imagine Joost, but especially AVROTROS, being this silent if it wasn't actually somewhat serious and a two-sided story. Eurovision was his dream so if a ""simple"" apology would do, I assume they would've done it in a heartbeat and carry on with it.

Something or someone apparently broke the guy if the rumours are true, without being too defensive of him. I don't want to be the guy to defend our entry at all costs but this feels fishy and dodgy, out of character for Joost, and just a nail in the coffin of the disaster Eurovision 2024 already was.

I feel sorry for the Dutch delegation who worked so hard for this, and anyone involved. It could go either way but if this turns out to be one of EBU's tricks for some reason.. well, let's say I'm done with Eurovision altogether. I even might quit it now.
If he didn't do anything wrong, someone from another entry would come in his defence. But, no one person from another entry, has said anything. That's telling.

Etanna

If he didn't do anything wrong, someone from another entry would come in his defence. But, no one person from another entry, has said anything. That's telling.
Yeah I expected somebody from the dutch delegation or with access to it to say something by now. It's really strange that everybody is so silent. Usually more information trickles out through various channels. Especially since there have been some outrageous accusations thrown around...It's all super fishy.

Chorizo

Israelis trying to say Eden is a bullied victim in Malmo feels so predictable. That was going to played by them at this Eurovision whatever happened.
Eden is the new Polina Gagarina. Sending a woman dressed in white to sing a ballade while acting like an innocent angel and the victim to distract from a sinister war is the most Russian thing you can do in this contest and they did exactly that.
(This friendly propaganda is brought to you by Morrocanoil.)

Top Bottom