Contact us

Kazakhstan KAZAKHSTAN 2019 - not taking part

blue00eyes

Re: KAZAKHSTAN 2019

I am not sure about Kazakhstan, but it is the same area as :am: :az: and :ge:. Closer to Europe than Australia at least lol

njdevils94

Veteran

I think it's just a matter of time until the EBU caves and lets in Kosovo and Kazakhstan, they're already knocking on the door with the other contests. I'm all for it.

I see what you did there.

AlekS

Veteran

http://escunited.com/forum/threads/16843-JESC-2018?p=1840352&viewfull=1#post1840352

Kazakhstan is having the first ESC-related NF today in their history. You can find the links in the JESC sub-forum. It's starting at 15:00CET.

vYBttsh.jpg

EDIT: I hope none of the interval acts want to represent :kz: at ESC :oops:

Romeo

If Kazakhstan participated and won... would they get to host? I know Australia can't host because of the time difference. If Kazakhstan hosted the show would start at 1am there

Realest

I dont allow Kazakhstan to participate at the Eurovision.

A-lister

Veteran

I dont allow Kazakhstan to participate at the Eurovision.

lol

Luckily for us you're not in EBU then... although unfortunately I think they might share the same opinion... I mean why invite another (partly)- European country when you can add more English speaking countries from the opposite side of the globe... who cares about EUROvision when you can create ANGLOvision.... let's hope USA and Canada will be next... they are clearly members of the EBU broadcasting area as well as Council of Europe xshrug

A-lister

Veteran

If Kazakhstan participated and won... would they get to host? I know Australia can't host because of the time difference. If Kazakhstan hosted the show would start at 1am there

Russia is taking part and their Eastern parts are preeeetty far away...

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

I hope they host in Vladivostok if they win again xcheer

Too far west tbh. I vote for Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Nice and east, and also very easy to pronounce. Ideal imo.

Realest

5.4% is not enough for me plus Id rather have an englishspeaking unpolitical voting country than another russianspeaking Country which benefits already unfair advantaged countries. There is absolutely no advantage in letting kazakhstan participate.

Yoozek

There is absolutely no advantage in letting kazakhstan participate.

..besides their music. Yep. Not sure about you, but I prefer to find new kinds of music which will definitely sound both weird and fresh for a typical Pole instead of, let's say Australia, who just brings more pop to the contest where 90% of music is already pop. But hey, f* diversity, bring another English pop song, don't let something different join the contest and later on kick out everyone who's different.

Why so butthurt about another points for Russia. They've just failed in qualificating.
Like come on, same goes for Cyprus/Greece. One finished 2nd, and the other one didn't qualify. After exchanging 20+ instead of just 12points.
This means nothing nowadays, bunch of political-lets-stick-together countries can fight for TOP15-26 places and have no impact on the winners - so no big deal.

Realest

..besides their music. Yep. Not sure about you, but I prefer to find new kinds of music which will definitely sound both weird and fresh for a typical Pole instead of, let's say Australia, who just brings more pop to the contest where 90% of music is already pop. But hey, f* diversity, bring another English pop song, don't let something different join the contest and later on kick out everyone who's different.

Why so butthurt about another points for Russia. They've just failed in qualificating.
Like come on, same goes for Cyprus/Greece. One finished 2nd, and the other one didn't qualify. After exchanging 20+ instead of just 12points.
This means nothing nowadays, bunch of political-lets-stick-together countries can fight for TOP15-26 places and have no impact on the winners - so no big deal.

I see it as selfevident that someone talentless like Samoylova cant qualify nomatter which Country she represents. In fact, Russia is the only Country who can get 65 with such an Entry. Give the same Entry to Switzerland or Austria and they end up with 0-10 Points. And btw. only because Russia failed once, that doesnt mean their unfair Votingpower doesnt exist. Its like claiming Serbias unfair Votingpower doesnt exist because they failed 3 times. This is the Idea of seperating allies in the Semifinal. If Austria and Switzerland cant start (given theyre in the Grandfinal) with 90-100 Points, Russia shouldnt as well. Eurovision is not only about winning, but also about getting a fair placement. And seeing the russian Twins or Alexey Vorobyov on 6th-7th Place in the Televoting only because theyre from Russia is faraway from being fair. As long as the Corrupt voting wont stop, Im totally against Countries from the wrong Area. Id rather see Liechtenstein or Luxemburg participating, who either vote unpolitically or maybe benefit german speaking Countries who have 0 Guaranteed Points, to make the Voting fairer. Btw. Im not only talking about Russia, also about other UDSSR-Countries like Ukraine who have unfair advantages. Also where do we know that Kazakhstan wont send another englishlanguaged Song like everyone else? And btw. Cyprus Votingpower with getting guaranteed 20-24 Points is almost fair and much weaker than most of others Countries.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

I want Kazakhstan in the contest replacing one of the usual unsuccessful countries that don't need to participate in the contest, like Austria, Switzerland or North Macedonia.

Realest

I want Kazakhstan in the contest replacing one of the usual unsuccessful countries that don't need to participate in the contest, like Austria, .

Good Joke :lol:

Yoozek

maybe benefit german speaking Countries who have 0 Guaranteed Points

XD
There's the reason then, I see.

Aiming at '11 and Vorobyov ending up 7th. Yeah everyone hated it, there's not the slightest chance anyone could've liked it.
So I guess Poland was 19th in SF in '11 and somehow we've turned diaspora voting / GUARANTEED POINTS off for that year, and then in '16 we were 3rd - ofc only because we've turned diaspora voting back on. Click and done.
Looks like I've been wrong my whole life, it's nothing about the performance, it's 102% political contest and everything is political and about neighbourhoods. Israel winning, Portugal winning first time ever, Ukraine winning, these were tiny whoopsies cause diasporas of Russia/Serbia/whatevs missed the recap bars with phone numbers.

Just to make sure and prevent additional pointless crying: They vote for each other. I couldn't care less cause one needs 500+ points to win, and with the 10-20 from their besties they can still miss the GF. All the examples provided in quoted post are just dumb. You watch the show for the fair voting results, I watch it for the music. End of story.

tuorem

Veteran

I want Kazakhstan in the contest replacing one of the usual unsuccessful countries that don't need to participate in the contest, like Austria, Switzerland or North Macedonia.

Kazakhstan should join imo, but not at the expense of Flopstria, Floperland and Flopcedonia. :cool: Some fans are here for musical quality, and others for tragic acts. There should be something for every audience :mrgreen:

Top Bottom