Contact us

Kazakhstan KAZAKHSTAN 2019 - not taking part

Realest

Re: KAZAKHSTAN 2019

This is what Germanys most famous Eurovision-Expert answered when I asked him, why Australia can participate and Kazakhstan not(according to Google Translate):

Actually, Australia is not eligible to take part just like Kazakhstan, because of its geographical location, it can not be a full member of the EBU and is not a member of the Council of Europe. Therefore, Australia's participation had to be approved by the Reference Group as an exception each year

A-lister

Veteran

This is what Germanys most famous Eurovision-Expert answered when I asked him, why Australia can participate and Kazakhstan not(according to Google Translate):

Actually, Australia is not eligible to take part just like Kazakhstan, because of its geographical location, it can not be a full member of the EBU and is not a member of the Council of Europe. Therefore, Australia's participation had to be approved by the Reference Group as an exception each year

It didn't really answer the question tbh, I think it's more interesting what criteria EBU uses when they block a country that is geographically partly in Europe but allow one that isn't even close to it.

Alaska49

they changed the definition of the european broadcasting area to officially include armenia, georgia and azerbaijan in it after they joined the contest, so that's not a reason to keep kaxakhstan out either

i can only imagine they don't see kazakhstan as lucrstive enough to change things around and allow them in the ebu while australia obviously is lucrative, because there is no other logical explanation

njdevils94

Veteran

So Kazakhstan have joined Junior Eurovision. I wonder if this will be a sign of things to come. xcrossed

John1

Deeply hope that this will pave the way to their début at the forthcoming edition of ESC, so that :kz: could grant all of us the participation of queen Zhanar Dugalova? xbow

Realest

Congratulations Russia, for another guaranteed 12 Points.
As if you didnt already have enough of them.

Yoozek

Congratulations Russia, for another guaranteed 12 Points.
As if you didnt already have enough of them.

Should've said that before the 2nd semifinal. They just flopped.

Eduard Romanyuta can hide in his cave. She sells the song even 80% of it is just "burger".

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

As I said in my video, I am expecting them to become part of the family next year but no later than 2020.

Ewigkeit

Veteran

Those Kámshat videos in this thread xheat

Finally a country that will fill Turkey's shoes (for me). Please make your debut xpray ALǴA QAZAQSTAN! :kz::kz: xheart

Realest

Himan

The points probably go to Azerbaijan though.

tuorem

Veteran

As I assumed, they only let Kazakhstan and Wales take part because ain't nobody got time for JESC and they desperately are in need of participants.

The argument for letting Kazakhs out of the main contest would have been valid had Australians not been featured in it since 2015. As it is, it just looks like bs, as always since Sand became executive supervisor.

I still believe Kazakhstan will debut eventually. A nation taking part in a Eurovision-labelled event while not being able to appear in other events of the same brand wouldn't make any sense. It's all or nothing: whatever they claim, the EBU must have had a say in the decision to accept them in the first place.

I think I'm going to call them EBS from now on, it's more fitting. :lol:

A-lister

Veteran

I already said what can be said about EBU's hypocrisy and Anglo/Western-centrism... Last time I checked, Australia wasn't even remotely close to the EBU broadcasting area nor are they a member of Council of Europe... interesting how suddenly those are requirements for a country that is even partly within geographical Europe... I rest my case... we all know now that EBU bend their own set up rules when it fits their agenda... so much for "celebrating diversity" :lol:

Sammy

Veteran

I already said what can be said about EBU's hypocrisy and Anglo/Western-centrism... Last time I checked, Australia wasn't even remotely close to the EBU broadcasting area nor are they a member of Council of Europe... interesting how suddenly those are requirements for a country that is even partly within geographical Europe... I rest my case... we all know now that EBU bend their own set up rules when it fits their agenda... so much for "celebrating diversity" :lol:

No you don't. Nor will you ever. :mrgreen::lol:

Sean

Admin
Staff member

I think it's just a matter of time until the EBU caves and lets in Kosovo and Kazakhstan, they're already knocking on the door with the other contests. I'm all for it.

A-lister

Veteran

No you don't. Nor will you ever. :mrgreen::lol:

I guess the day EBU sticks to their own freaking rules and stop with their hypocrisy and nonsense I will... but no sign of that happening any day soon xshrug

Top Bottom