Contact us

Kazakhstan KAZAKHSTAN 2019 - not taking part

Realest

Re: KAZAKHSTAN 2019

It is not 'Westvision Song Contest' though is it!

Well, in the 00s :lv: :ua: :by: ::cs :md: :al: :rs: :me: :bg: :ge: :az: :am: joined Eurovision. So enough Eastvision.

Citelis

I didn't knew that EBU does not want Azerbaijan in the consest anymore! LOL if that's true maybe they need some NQ.

DenizESC

Banned

And rightfully so. Eastern Countries caused so so many Problems and contributed to the Politisation of the Tournament. And if Kazachstan is once in, we will never get rid of it. Like with Azerbaijan for Example. EBU cant get rid of this Country after all the Vote-Rigging because otherwise this "Secret" would be revealed.

Id rather see Liechtenstein or Faroer-Islands joining ESC. Slovakia to return would also be more desirable.

You know how biased you sound, right? I generally like you in here but this was disappointing. Yes, there is a lot of bloc voting going in the Eastern countries (Westerns do it too now though)

How about Israel general flops no matter what they send. Turkey being boycotted by the juries for YEARS for political reasons in a contest that was supposedly about making us forget about politics for a while. Trust me nothing is EVER black and white. The Western countries show and have shown their bias enough many times. Even today look how Australia succeeds no matter what they send. If US joins and Kazakhstan doesn't I probably would give up on ESC, it would lose its spirit.

DenizESC

Banned

Well, in the 00s :lv: :ua: :by: ::cs :md: :al: :rs: :me: :bg: :ge: :az: :am: joined Eurovision. So enough Eastvision.

I could say the same about the Western countries. Who are you even to decide if it's 'enough'. Western countries are not priviliged in ESC(not supposed to at least). Keep your East-side hate to yourself

Realest

You know how biased you sound, right? I generally like you in here but this was disappointing. Yes, there is a lot of bloc voting going in the Eastern countries (Westerns do it too now though)

How about Israel general flops no matter what they send. Turkey being boycotted by the juries for YEARS for political reasons in a contest that was supposedly about making us forget about politics for a while. Trust me nothing is EVER black and white. The Western countries show and have shown their bias enough many times. Even today look how Australia succeeds no matter what they send. If US joins and Kazakhstan doesn't I probably would give up on ESC, it would lose its spirit.

Well, I dont tell Fairytales. Countries from the Ex-UdssR caused enough Problems with Corrupt Voting, Politisation etc.. and this is enough Reason for me to not have Kazachstan here.
Israel usually gets the Result they deserve. I cant see how they got undeserved results in this century. Boaz and Shiri proved it.
Regarding Turkey.. I didnt follow last century.. But since 2009 they were 7th, 9th, 12th in the Semi and 22nd which is somehow acceptable, although I admit they deserved around 2-4 Places better every year.
And yes, Australia shouldnt participate and USA as well. Im not biased.

Realest

I could say the same about the Western countries. Who are you even to decide if it's 'enough'. Western countries are not priviliged in ESC(not supposed to at least). Keep your East-side hate to yourself

Well, Western Europe founded this Tournament :D
And as I said, this is no hate, but there are enough Arguments to keep more Ex-Udssr Countries away from this Tournament. I have nothing against Eastern Countries. Turkey would be welcomed back by me, since they never caused any Problems and played fair.

DenizESC

Banned

Exactly Eurovision has a long history of almost 63 years not 8-9. Western countries were not always 'angels' if you ask me and a western country in EBU should be treated same as an eastern one. Kazachstan not being allowed while they are partly European and Australia allowed is just lame. I personally don't mind that much either way but believe they should be allowed at least and be given a chance before we can judge. One thing would be sure, lots of points to Russia and probably Azerbaijan. However the voting system has always been a mess anyway and yet the bests almost always still win.

And it really doesn't matter who found the tournament. It was always about bringing ALL of Europe together.

anto475

From 1956-1992 :ch::de::fr::mc::lu::nl::be::ie::uk::mt::pt::es::it::il::no::se::fi::dk: had an unfair advantage and dominated the competition. Since then they've thrown their toys out of the pram every time they didn't do as well as they hoped, engaged in bloc voting, taken the contest as a joke and sent half-arsed acts, invited a country from the other side of the planet for some bizarre reason, and in some cases (Sweee-eee-eee-eeeeden) manipulated the contest to suit their own gains. So please climb off of your high horse.

Realest

From 1956-1992 :ch::de::fr::mc::lu::nl::be::ie::uk::mt::pt::es::it::il::no::se::fi::dk: had an unfair advantage and dominated the competition. Since then they've thrown their toys out of the pram every time they didn't do as well as they hoped, engaged in bloc voting, taken the contest as a joke and sent half-arsed acts, invited a country from the other side of the planet for some bizarre reason, and in some cases (Sweee-eee-eee-eeeeden) manipulated the contest to suit their own gains. So please climb off of your high horse.

I dont climb off my horse. I have no clue what happened back then because I wasnt born, but Udssr-Countries always caused troubles the last 4-5 years while western Countries behaved themselfes. Kazashstan is a dictatorship. I dont know what will happen if this Tournament will once go to Astana. Baku was already extremely problematic. We risk to have another case with corrupt Juries like AZ/AM who were (im pretty sure) forced by their Government and cant vote how they want, Russia will get another 10-12 Guaranteed Points (as if Russia doesnt have enough unfair advantages) which is unfair for Diasporaless countries like AT/CH/MT etc.. Eurovision is already big enough with 43 Countries and I just dont see a single Advantage which Kazachstan brought us..

anto475

I dont climb off my horse. I have no clue what happened back then because I wasnt born, but Udssr-Countries always caused troubles the last 4-5 years while western Countries behaved themselfes. Kazashstan is a dictatorship. I dont know what will happen if this Tournament will once go to Astana. Baku was already extremely problematic. We risk to have another case with corrupt Juries like AZ/AM who were (im pretty sure) forced by their Government and cant vote how they want, Russia will get another 10-12 Guaranteed Points (as if Russia doesnt have enough unfair advantages) which is unfair for Diasporaless countries like AT/CH/MT etc.. Eurovision is already big enough with 43 Countries and I just dont see a single Advantage which Kazachstan brought us..

Well I'm talking about the Western behaviour since 1993, since the new countries joined. And I wasn't alive back then either but as a Eurovision fan I know what happened. What about countries like Greece and Cyprus always swapping points? Or Norway/Sweden/Finland/Iceland/Denmark? Or the Big 5, your country included, sending joke and pathetic entries up until about a few years ago. Maybe if Austria/Switzerland/Malta etc.... sent decent songs they'd do well, as we saw in 2014/2016. More countries means more competition means countries try harder, or at least in theory. It shouldn't be about wondering what they can do for the contest, but for how the contest can be a chance for them to showcase their little-known culture on an enormous stage, to show us that Kazakhstan is more than Borat and deserts.

Realest

Well I'm talking about the Western behaviour since 1993, since the new countries joined. And I wasn't alive back then either but as a Eurovision fan I know what happened. What about countries like Greece and Cyprus always swapping points? Or Norway/Sweden/Finland/Iceland/Denmark? Or the Big 5, your country included, sending joke and pathetic entries up until about a few years ago. Maybe if Austria/Switzerland/Malta etc.... sent decent songs they'd do well, as we saw in 2014/2016. More countries means more competition means countries try harder, or at least in theory. It shouldn't be about wondering what they can do for the contest, but for how the contest can be a chance for them to showcase their little-known culture on an enormous stage, to show us that Kazakhstan is more than Borat and deserts.

I talk about something different. About Corruption and highproblematic Political Structures.
Btw. Denmark got 0 Points last year from the Nordic TVs, Norway got 16 as Sweden around 30. Where is your unfair Nordic-Votingblock?
Of Course blockvoting exist on many Places, but greece and cyprus are only 2 Countries, while Russia already has around 11-12 Diasporahousing Countries and about 80-90 Guaranteed Points which Russia can never not get. Of Course even AT/CH/MT can win with strong entries, but eurovision is not only about winning. There is also a Table-Midfield. And Some Countries have always a guaranteed Top10-15 nomatter what the Song is and others not. This is a serious Problem.

JamieBrown

I talk about something different. About Corruption and highproblematic Political Structures.
Btw. Denmark got 0 Points last year from the Nordic TVs, Norway got 16 as Sweden around 30. Where is your unfair Nordic-Votingblock?
Of Course blockvoting exist on many Places, but greece and cyprus are only 2 Countries, while Russia already has around 11-12 Diasporahousing Countries and about 80-90 Guaranteed Points which Russia can never not get. Of Course even AT/CH/MT can win with strong entries, but eurovision is not only about winning. There is also a Table-Midfield. And Some Countries have always a guaranteed Top10-15 nomatter what the Song is and others not. This is a serious Problem.

You want Turkey back, right?

DenizESC

Banned

Table-midfield *facepalms*

Indeed Eurovision is not only about winning, or placements at all. It is about bringing nations together, peace and showcasing all unique cultures inside the region. You realize how big of a country Russia is right? Ofc they have crazy diaspora. Yet they don't win each year and Eurovision is about more then being 4th or 24th. You have no idea of Eurovision spirit tbh not a real fan.
[MENTION=9200]anto475[/MENTION] is trying to educate you yet you chose to stay ignorant and not care about history not about present either. Literally just looking at what you want to look, seeing only what you want to see. Discussion is pointless this way so this will probably be my last post about it.

Realest

Deniz, you forgot that Eurovision is a Competition, so every Position matters. And no, its not ok, that Russia starts with 80-90 Points and a save Top10 Place, nomatter what the Song is. I thought this should be about Music and the actual Performance? Eurovision becomes more and more political because of this. And as I said, Russias Diaspora is not even my Main Argument, but the Political Circumstanced around this Country.

A-lister

Veteran

As much as this is true, there are some countries in your list like :pt: and :fi: that never got the love of the juries back in the day :lol:

Alaska49

why are you all engaging with this insane basilisk anti-eastern person again????

also, yearly appreciation post:

permanent golden ticket to kazakhstan please.

tuorem

Veteran

Izin Korem is a masterpiece. It spits on 99% of the Eurovision winning entries of the last two decades.

This would have crushed the competition any year.

And Zhanar is bomb.

John1

Izin Korem is a masterpiece. It spits on 99% of the Eurovision winning entries of the last two decades.

This would have crushed the competition any year.

And Zhanar is bomb.

Her live performance wasn't that flawless though. I think that I just committed a sin. :oops:

tuorem

Veteran

Her live performance wasn't that flawless though. I think that I just committed a sin. :oops:

It had flaws indeed as she sounded breathless at some point, but to me she seemed so into the performance that it didn't matter that much in the end. That's not an easy song to perform.

One could feel she wasn't singing a random song: she wrote it herself and defended it passionately on stage. :)

John1

It had flaws indeed as she sounded breathless at some point, but to me she seemed so into the performance that it didn't matter that much in the end. That's not an easy song to perform.

One could feel she wasn't singing a random song: she wrote it herself and defended it passionately on stage. :)

Hence the deserved winning.

Top Bottom