6 2.8%

4 1.8%

6 2.8%

83 38.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

njdevils94

Veteran
:il: Eden 2nd in the tele-vote with 323 points and 5th place overall. Amazing result and she can be very proud. xheart

She'll go down as a national hero with everything she's gone through.

Particularly nice to see the silent majority in :ie: give her 10.

GNVXaOXWEAAu8kt

NeoTen

I wish everyone here that supported Eden, for personal reasons or as support a great year and welcome them to join me in Switzerland next year, as a friend, as a thank you!
If there are any of them reading this; we from all over the world, some of us your family or some who did never vote before, did tonight, to show you this: Don't give up hope! Never again!

Chorizo

I’m so happy and relieved that the worst-case scenario was avoided. Maybe there never was a real threat, but we don’t know what would have happened without the RAI leak and the disqualification of the Netherlands.

I think the EBU should now take a good look at the problems caused by Israel this year and then ban them from the contest until peace with Palestine has been established.

Israel is the new Russia, and it shouldn’t get special treatment compared to the original.

So, turns out social media and this forum is not the general public, at least this year.

This is basically a Kalush Orchestra type of result in the semi. I thought San Marino was computer generated with the avg of their pot, but thats impossible. I guess San Marino was juryvote then?

Chorizo

I have a conspiracy theory explaining why Israel got so many points in the televote: Maybe some drunk fans of Ireland got confused and weren’t sure anymore who the witch is.

NeoTen

This is basically a Kalush Orchestra type of result in the semi. I thought San Marino was computer generated with the avg of their pot, but thats impossible. I guess San Marino was juryvote then?
TLDR: Correct.
San Marino doesn't have their own national owned phone network. The one network there that tries to (owned by Italia), has not enough people and is owned and managed in part by an Italian network. Even, if, they do televoting only 1000-3000 would vote there. Even their general elections have like less than 20000 people voting.
;)

TLDR: Correct.
San Marino doesn't have their own national owned phone network. The one network there that tries to (owned by Italia), has not enough people and is owned and managed in part by an Italian network. Even, if, they do televoting only 1000-3000 would vote there. Even their general elections have like less than 20000 people voting.
;)

When did they change that back then? Last year? So its only in the final when their televote result is generated?

NeoTen

When did they change that back then? Last year? So its only in the final when their televote result is generated?
IIRC they keep trying aggregate voting every year officially (in the final), so the EBU tries to decide who they voted for basically based on their neighbours and the general trend, but EBU keeps the allocation secret, so no one that invests money in the contest believes EBU in how they decide that.

Last edited:

MS.

So happy that Israel didn't win just for political reasons... I'm sure the televote score is just from israelis living in Europe who spam voted for her to show that Europe supports Israel... No more comments needed. Better songs won today and this is what eurovision is about. Eurovision is about songs and not politics.

Top Bottom