6 2.8%

4 1.8%

6 2.8%

83 38.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarFoxxie.

Good news for Israeli fans. Noosh press accreditation has been revoked and she is not being able to be in press centre for finals. It's because of live stream breach of rules and not because of israel, but still it is something.

John1

What do you even expect from him? He has been the most anti-Israel ESC team member ever.
If anything, he (and many others of these so-called "press") is part of the problem for making this edition as painful as it is.
Yeah sure, because the Israeli delegation has been anything but disrespectful towards some other delegations (i.e. Ireland & the Netherlands) and they shouldn't be subject to any sort of sanctions or whatsoever. xdance

What do you even expect from him? He has been the most anti-Israel ESC team member ever.
If anything, he (and many others of these so-called "press") is part of the problem for making this edition as painful as it is.
I know he has been very anti-israel all season, I just didnt think I'd see a mask-off moment from him.
I absolutely agree with what you are saying.

If people did not agree with the decision to not ban Israel this year, the criticism should have gone towards the EBU. instead people support the EBU by buying tickets for these events and then decide to make it an unpleasant experience for everyone inside the hall.

crashworld

Veteran
Yeah sure, because the Israeli delegation has been anything but disrespectful towards some other delegations (i.e. Ireland & the Netherlands) and they shouldn't be subject to any sort of sanctions or whatsoever. xdance

Read my earlier post, if the delegation/press from Israel have been disrespectful, then these delegations should lodge a complaint.
And so the due process will follow through.

Just like these so-called ESC "press" or "journalists" who think they have witnessed these incidents, then they should also lodge a complaint too.

It's all to convenient now to just post tweet or post a short video just so incite more unnecessary drama.

Chorizo

She is not bothered at all with what is going on! People call this strength, I have other words for that, but gonna keep it for myself. At the beginning I was okay with her, I usually never blame the people for what their government is doing, but she is here to make propaganda and that honey is support for the government. I hope every single jury put this last during the jury show!
We will soon see which juries have sense and which are merely the tools of a political agenda. The difference between Eden and Polina Gagarina is that Polina cried and acted as if she were about to break apart while Eden is acting tough and righteous. That’s because Israel wants to be perceived as tough and righteous. Both are just willing puppets of the propaganda machines of their respective governments. People should stop defending this kind of crap.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Wasn't going to get involved in any discussions this year, as my interest in ESC 2024 died when Israel wasn't excluded, but:

People that want Israel to win just don't care or don't want to contest to continue next year.

I read a lot in the Norwegian comment sections on Facebook, and this is pretty much spot on. I've read hundreds of comments like this:
"I never watch that stupid Eurovision show, but on Saturday I will give 20 votes to Israel! :il: xheart :il: xheart :il:"

I don't think this is just a Norwegian thing, we've seen the Italian televote result. Israel will win with a landslide televote score, but thankfully, I'll be out clubbing tonight instead of witnessing it.

crashworld

Veteran
Bruh, people have been reporting multiple wrongdoings from the Israeli delegation for the past 2 weeks and lots of people decided to turn a blind eye on these events.

But, go off, I guess.xqueenbitch

The question is, were these so-called reports to EBU? Or just X posts?
And have there been any formal complaint made by the affected delegations?

All I have heard is the Spanish one, but that was involving the Spain journalist and Israeli press where both parties are not part of the delegations.

I could have been blind or missed out due to so many controversies and misinformation going on, do pardon me.

Jupiter

And you would say this is "Israeli members of media and delegation who have spent the week intimidating and harassing artists and press?"
That's not my quote, if you're implying that.

But yeah, taking videos/Photos of people without their consent is not okay.

And news just broke Bambie Thug, Marina Satti and Nemo complained about exactly that to the EBU.

Mainshow

Veteran
You are just trying to shut down legitimate criticism of Israel with accusations of anti-Semitism. That's a cheap tactic often employed by Israel. Nobody is falling for that anymore. People won't be silenced this way anymore but rather openly address the elephant in the room, which is a good thing.

You have to be kidding.

If you blame Israel for whatever Joost did or didn't do without knowing anything and "strengthening" your point by mentioning that Israelis got money - it's scapegoating and antisemitic - bringing back negative and false stereotypes.

You can level criticism at Israel as much as you want to - I don't hold it against anyone. I don't "try to shut down anything"- that's freedom of speech and your right to do so.
I specifically referred to fans perverting each and tiny piece of information or rumours to blame it on Eden/Israel.
I just made myself heard and wanted everyone to take a deep breath and stop blaming the Israeli delegation for whatever other artists did/didn't do when Israelis weren't even part of the incidents. That's it.

Don't twist my words around like that, please.

That's not my quote, if you're implying that.

But yeah, taking videos/Photos of people without their consent is not okay.

And news just broke Bambie Thug, Marina Satti and Nemo complained about exactly that to the EBU.
I've seen the Bambie Thug, Marina Satti and Nemo thing afterwards.

Sorry if my comment came over like this. I know its not your quote. My question was rather out of curiousity. Would you look at these two videos and say the statement from Gabe is 100% correct.

Top Bottom