10 4.4%

12 5.2%

53 23.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Marcos C

Ireland this year reminds me of everything surrounding Croatia last year... After so many safe years (that took Croatia nowhere) Croatia sent a shocking entry that did well. I am not quite sure about the outcome for Ireland this year since many voters got used to seeing some "shocking" or unusual performances.
However, this allows Ireland to create a proper stage show. It's hard to say how this will finish.
Yes, but what will be shocking to the general public is where the unusual performance is from.

Cathan

My current best troll entry list is
1. Silvia Night 2. Dustin 3. This.

Ireland this year reminds me of everything surrounding Croatia last year... After so many safe years (that took Croatia nowhere) Croatia sent a shocking entry that did well. I am not quite sure about the outcome for Ireland this year since many voters got used to seeing some "shocking" or unusual performances.
However, this allows Ireland to create a proper stage show. It's hard to say how this will finish.

I genuinely wonder have half the people criticising this entry have even properly listened to it once or even if they have more than once? Its not even remotely comparable to any of these entries :ROFLMAO:

Cathan

First half and knowing Ireland's usual luck with the draw it'll be the lopsided difficult semi final...

On a positive note its the 15 song semi and Ireland drew all their main allies in UK and Australia meaning Ireland pretty much have 20 or so points in the bag already. Annoying always getting the first half (bar 2022 where after finally getting a 2nd half draw the producers put us as early as possible in the 2nd half which defeated the purpose of a 2nd half draw).

Sabrewulf238

First half and knowing Ireland's usual luck with the draw it'll be the lopsided difficult semi final...

On a positive note its the 15 song semi and Ireland drew all their main allies in UK and Australia meaning Ireland pretty much have 20 or so points in the bag already. Annoying always getting the first half (bar 2022 where after finally getting a 2nd half draw the producers put us as early as possible in the 2nd half which defeated the purpose of a 2nd half draw).

Finland, Germany and Iceland also feel like countries that might respond well to Doomsday Blue.

It probably will be the tougher semi but I still think we're playing for a qualification.

Cathan

Finland, Germany and Iceland also feel like countries that might respond well to Doomsday Blue.

It probably will be the tougher semi but I still think we're playing for a qualification.
I mean I don't think it matters much as Ireland were always qualifying bar a disaster but its just annoying, the odds of us getting the 1st half of the more difficult semi final is only 25% yet we manage it consistently...

The positive I take is that I dont think the draw matters much for Bambie as they'd standout no matter where they were as its such a memorable performance, its songs like "We are One", "That's Rich" & "Maps" that the draw mattered more for as they were more middle of the road and needed a late draw to be remembered. And on the plus side Ireland drew pretty much all their main voting allies bar possibly Spain. Another point worth mentioning is along with Bambie's back story they also have a Swedish father so there's a good chance that plays into the media over there and get Ireland some extra points from Sweden.

In a way if you offered Ireland 2nd half and 0 allies or 1st half and loads of allies the 2nd option is better.

Synergise

I'd add Australia to this list too. On paper, Ireland has almost every country they'd want for an entry like Doomsday Blue.

I think it's a decent draw. The three major things that hurt this are:
1. 1st half, of course.
2. Slovenia (and potentially Poland) going for similar vibes, with Slovenia in the 2nd half.
3. Lithuania and Poland both in the semi 2, likely taking the 12 / 10 points in the UK vote. Brooke did beat Ochman in 2022 though, so who knows - I can definitely see the UK getting behind Bambie in a big way so she could still get the 12 here.

Cathan

I'd add Australia to this list too. On paper, Ireland has almost every country they'd want for an entry like Doomsday Blue.

I think it's a decent draw. The three major things that hurt this are:
1. 1st half, of course.
2. Slovenia (and potentially Poland) going for similar vibes, with Slovenia in the 2nd half.
3. Lithuania and Poland both in the semi 2, likely taking the 12 / 10 points in the UK vote. Brooke did beat Ochman in 2022 though, so who knows - I can definitely see the UK getting behind Bambie in a big way so she could still get the 12 here.
I get what people say about Slovenia/Ireland comparison but bar being witches the two are going for a completely different voting audience. I would worry more about Poland until we hear the song genre.

I find the Ireland tends to beat Poland on the British TV, the threat is Lithuania.

Judas

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not a troll song. Listen to it on Spotify. The late late show with its 60 year old studio and awful sound mixing made it awful. She'd a good vocalist usually.
It does help quite a lot, by the way. The late late show makes the entry quite much worse than what it is. I hope for good vocals on the Eurovision stage. It will help with Ireland's chances. It is a grower for me since hearing the studio version.

0scar

Ireland being 7th in the odds is WILD I don't know what that says about this year's Eurovision season

Loindici

Veteran
I'm much more hopeful of Ireland's chances this year, no matter if it's on the first half of the semi.

The Late Late Show's not the right venue to do this kind of song because it's a bit too 'formal' and outdated. However, at a big arena on an award-show level stage, they can go all out, especially with the energy of thousands of people. This will go bigger than expected.

Top Bottom