12 5.2%

53 23.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

ZoboCamel

:10: for Ireland, verging on :12:!

This was my favourite of the NF right from first listen, and I like the direction they went with the live performance, so I was very happy to see this take the sort-of-surprise win.

Easily Ireland's best entry for me since 2011, and possibly my favourite from them overall since I started watching ESC in 2007, depending on how the live performance pans out in May. Having Ireland tied (with Norway) for #1 in my ranking is something I'm very much not used to... Not complaining though! xheat

crashworld

Veteran
Interesting this won. Didn't expect Ireland to go with this entry. I mean there is literally nothing to lose for them since at worst it's just another NQ to their record. The verses and the chorus are pretty shite, but the bridge is actually decent.
Giving this a generous :3: for something different.

Decayingbooks

I'm going to give it a :5: for now.
Bambie is charismatic but they need to be more theatrical and to talk directlly into the camera, the "I! I! I think you're living a lie!" is going to be very memetic and I can't way for the gifs, but she needs to look the public in the eye when saying it, hopefully in Mälmo the irish delegation will add a steady cam so she will be actually screaming into someone.
The melodic needs a revamp, the studio version is great, but they should think in a revamp specifically for the live performance and please make the changes between the dark and the light stronger, either make the song a true manic episode or gives relief and true hapiness when she is dancing with the imps.
Ireland usually tries to elevate their songs one way or another, like they did last year(golden jumpsuit aside), so I do hope that they will improve things and I would like to see Bambie in the final, it won't be easy, the people that will enjoy and vote for it will be a niche, but if they can conquer their hearts they can do it.

anabanana2000

I mean I don't think it matters much as Ireland were always qualifying bar a disaster but its just annoying, the odds of us getting the 1st half of the more difficult semi final is only 25% yet we manage it consistently...
Ukraine to open and Ireland to close the 1st half of the semi. I mean Ukraine are always gonna qualify, their position in the running order really doesn't matter and Bambie as late as possible (to keep the priests & Karen's happy!)

Cathan

Ukraine to open and Ireland to close the 1st half of the semi. I mean Ukraine are always gonna qualify, their position in the running order really doesn't matter and Bambie as late as possible (to keep the priests & Karen's happy!)
Well if Ireland could be near an add break that would be great, bar being 1st or 2nd I dont think the running order matters much in the first half as its all the same really and it doesn't really matter for a song like Doomsday Blue as it's the sort of song that will standout regardless of who it's next to.

Ukraine are at the absolute worst finishing 2nd or 3rd in the SF and most likely 1st so if we could avoid being next to anyone I would like to be away from them if possible!

anabanana2000

Well if Ireland could be near an add break that would be great, bar being 1st or 2nd I dont think the running order matters much in the first half as its all the same really and it doesn't really matter for a song like Doomsday Blue as it's the sort of song that will standout regardless of who it's next to.

Ukraine are at the absolute worst finishing 2nd or 3rd in the SF and most likely 1st so if we could avoid being next to anyone I would like to be away from them if possible!
That's what I'm hoping for too! Furthest possible position from Ukraine but also just before an ad break.

Actually... how many ad breaks is there usually in the semis? Was it 3 last year?

But also imagine Ukraine opening... Wow!

Ted Talks

I like the fact Ireland are trying something different after years of beige blandness.

I’ll admit I was taken back the song upon first listen as it’s quite unusual and didn’t really flow as a whole piece. I’ve grown to like it more on a few more listens, but it still doesn’t flow very well.

It’s not bad, but I feel like singing parts need a bit more oomph to them as they fade away compared to the screaming/painful like ‘I’ sections.

Unsure if it’ll qualify but it’s got a heck lot hope than most recent Irish entries.

hijirio

Veteran
Woah I really didn't know she performed in a Turkish dating show in 2010

Wynnter

Something heavy combined and contrasted with something whimsical. I like it. xup It does steer towards my own tastes in that way. I guess I wish it had even more to it than it does, but at the same time I don't know if that would just make it more messy. It really only goes HARD towards the end which I potentially want more of, thanks.

:8: points.

njdevils94

Veteran
Cuntry is pretty cute without the make-up on but I don't fully trust people from Cork. There are a lot of hot-heads (especially the females) in the Rebel county. :unsure:

LYfnDZp.jpeg
98axtK5.jpeg

0edcJBi.jpeg

MopManMoss

Veteran
Cuntry is pretty cute without the make-up on but I don't fully trust people from Cork. There are a lot of hot-heads (especially the females) in the Rebel county. :unsure:

LYfnDZp.jpeg
98axtK5.jpeg

0edcJBi.jpeg
Irish independence is owed heavily to Cork so even though every one I've ever met from there (and munster generally lol) is mental I can't hate them

Top Bottom