14 8.8%

11 6.9%

17 10.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Andromache

Well, it makes sense for someone like Conchita to use gender language. This topic is getting tiring. People can use whatever language they want. It's Conchitas mouth not yours. Germans have a right wing extreme, homophobic party at over 20% but their biggest problem is gender language lol.

It's funny how the people who cry about cancel culture, political correctness etc. are doing these things themselves. So it's not okay for others to tell you how you should live your life, how you should speak etc. but it's okay for you to do that? You conservatives are just hypocritical.

nudiecrudi

It's incredible how stupid this format is.
I read the list of the contestants, from 20 to 50 years old. Different ages, styles, voices and genres. Does the production has a bunch of songs to fit to each possible winner? Or maybe the production has some bland songs that everyone can sing? Another possibility is that all the contestants have their own unreleased songs but the winner will be chosen not for the song but for its singing possibilities/sympathy/character or else.
Why not chosing the song but the singer in base of its capacities to cover others songs? Another question is who selected the song/songs to bring in ESC? Conchita? Does Conchita has credits for such a role? I don't think so.
I simply don't understand the logic.
Another thing I hate is that past esc artists are evolved in this operation and the presence of international juries.
I can't believe that Germany with all its potential doesn't have music experts, newspapers radio TV web ect, that could organize and judge such a competition.

mauve

Veteran
Germans have a right wing extreme, homophobic party at over 20% but their biggest problem is gender language lol.
Absolutely agree. I have many "Bekannte" (not friends) who are really nice as persons, but when it comes to politics, they all vote or AFD. It is shocking, but then again I live in the East part of Germany where the right wing has so many supporters. Everyone talking in a negative way about LGBTQ a well sayin they are not against gay people, but hate that the movement is everywhere in the media. sometimes I feel like I want to to hit these people though I hate violence.

ESC94

It's incredible how stupid this format is.
I read the list of the contestants, from 20 to 50 years old. Different ages, styles, voices and genres. Does the production has a bunch of songs to fit to each possible winner? Or maybe the production has some bland songs that everyone can sing? Another possibility is that all the contestants have their own unreleased songs but the winner will be chosen not for the song but for its singing possibilities/sympathy/character or else.
Why not chosing the song but the singer in base of its capacities to cover others songs? Another question is who selected the song/songs to bring in ESC? Conchita? Does Conchita has credits for such a role? I don't think so.
I simply don't understand the logic.
Another thing I hate is that past esc artists are evolved in this operation and the presence of international juries.
I can't believe that Germany with all its potential doesn't have music experts, newspapers radio TV web ect, that could organize and judge such a competition.

Well, in :de: most media couldn´t care less about ESC, they even mock them and view them as a freak show (using the same old pictures of Verka every year), it really surprises me sometimes that the viewing numbers are still pretty high.

ESC94

Absolutely agree. I have many "Bekannte" (not friends) who are really nice as persons, but when it comes to politics, they all vote or AFD. It is shocking, but then again I live in the East part of Germany where the right wing has so many supporters. Everyone talking in a negative way about LGBTQ a well sayin they are not against gay people, but hate that the movement is everywhere in the media. sometimes I feel like I want to to hit these people though I hate violence.

Let me guess what they say: "I have nothing against gay people, but..." xfacepalm

Everytime someone starts a sentence like this you know that they DO hate gay people, no matter what they pretend.

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Let me guess what they say: "I have nothing against gay people, but..." xfacepalm

Evertime someone starts a sentence like this you know that they DO hate gay people, no matter what they pretend.
EXACTLY. *sigh*

Even I am not very optimistic about that format tbh
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Looren: Even I am not very optimistic about that format tbh (Dec 2023)
Looren: OMG! What a nice ballad! And this is incredible! And that! (Jan/Feb 2024)

xrofl

Sammy

Veteran
l
Why cant we stick to one format?
Actually you do.
Step one: Announce a new format with a new name
Step two: announce a bunch of participating artists, some of whom kinda lift the hopes to get a good entry
Step three: announce ONE wildcard out of nowhere that noone knows or cares about
Step four: let the wildcard win
Step five: praise the performance and song on the after party and say that the place actually is not really important and that you are so proud of… whatever..

Same procedure as every year, James.
:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Well, it makes sense for someone like Conchita to use gender language. This topic is getting tiring. People can use whatever language they want. It's Conchitas mouth not yours. Germans have a right wing extreme, homophobic party at over 20% but their biggest problem is gender language lol.

It's funny how the people who cry about cancel culture, political correctness etc. are doing these things themselves. So it's not okay for others to tell you how you should live your life, how you should speak etc. but it's okay for you to do that? You conservatives are just hypocritical.

They can use whatever language they want... in private.
I'm free to boycott these 6 rounds because of only hearing covers and gender language.
It doesn't make me a conservative and I honestly don't know what that topic has to do with "20% for a right-wing party".

Anyway, I'll wait for the official list of artists for our NF and who knows... maybe even the outcome of this wildcard round won't be bad at all but after all the wildcards we had to endure in the last years,.I'm not very optimistic.

Last edited:

shameless

You're acting like OMG what a stupid format but weren't Max Mutzke, Lena and Roman Lob coming from excatly this kind of casting show as well? :D
But I agree it is pointess and I don't trust anything of NDR when Stefan Raab is not involved but it only means we will have a wildcard and that will most likely win because duh its the Wildcard in a German NF.

Mainshow

Veteran
You're acting like OMG what a stupid format but weren't Max Mutzke, Lena and Roman Lob coming from excatly this kind of casting show as well? :D
But I agree it is pointess and I don't trust anything of NDR when Stefan Raab is not involved but it only means we will have a wildcard and that will most likely win because duh its the Wildcard in a German NF.

Lena and Roman Lob weren't wildcards,.though.
The used a talent show as our way to choose our entrant.
Max Mutzke was a wildcard somehow and he even won against Scooter in the real NF.

Personally, I'm against Wildcards in German NFs...especially if they win against well-established acts with better songs (Santino, Unheilig...)

So basically we got Max Mutzke as the only positive example whilst we got: Ann-Sophie, Elaiza, S!sters on the other side xD

shameless

Lena and Roman Lob weren't wildcards,.though.
The used a talent show as our way to choose our entrant.
Max Mutzke was a wildcard somehow and he even won against Scooter in the real NF.

Personally, I'm against Wildcards in German NFs...especially if they win against well-established acts with better songs (Santino, Unheilig...)

So basically we got Max Mutzke as the only positive example whilst we got: Ann-Sophie, Elaiza, S!sters on the other side xD
Well they all sang cover songs until the final and considering thats what everyone was complaning about I just needed to point out that it already worked several times for our entrance to be chosen that way and the fact that only Mutzke was a wildcard out of the three is irrelevant to me in that regard. By that time the hype arouns SSDSGPS was real and many only saw the NF only as a symbolic step towards ESC.

Jay25

I couldn't care less about all these introduction videos of the contestants on Instagram, like "Four facts one lie" on the German Eurovision Instagram... Makes me want to block them. I mean, come on, no one in Germany in going to start to care about Eurovision because of this.

Franzilein

Well they all sang cover songs until the final and considering thats what everyone was complaning about I just needed to point out that it already worked several times for our entrance to be chosen that way and the fact that only Mutzke was a wildcard out of the three is irrelevant to me in that regard.

While this is true, it was under Stefan Raab's guidance and he always gave us perfectly fine and pleasant songs to choose from. A similar concept was launched 2017 and we ended up with the perfect grey life. Levina herself was a ray of sunshine, but they gave her nothing to work with, Perfect Life and Wildfire were dead on arrival.
I am just super cautious about any optimism when it comes to the people in charge of our NF, they can change the format as often as they want... xpokerface

lasse braun

I found a song that i think is from a band from germany that was released recently and i think i liked

aside from the german pre-NF chaos i have always a look to the german music and this band was a nice discovery through this thread - they have a fresh song - very complex & unique - nothing for any ESC but i like it a lot. xmetal

I bims

Veteran
Levina herself was a ray of sunshine, but they gave her nothing to work with, Perfect Life and Wildfire were dead on arrival.
Poor Levina deserved sooooo much more, she has a very unique voice and that woman is beautiful and charismatic. But those songs were dreadful. I look up her newest music every once in a while and sadly she hasn't really released anything interesting (to me) on her own as well. With the right producer and a more daring persona she could do so much, not just in terms of Eurovision... I would love a glorious return from her tho. With a contemporary banger like this 👀

Top Bottom