11 6.9%

17 10.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
^^ There's something wrong about how NDR treated him, though.
Personally, I didn't really love his last attempt but it's shocking to read that he sent multiple songs to NDR and THEY chose a "catchy tune" which got rejected by the international juries whilst Will himself believed that the other songs were better.

If he made it to the Top 20, the international jury should have chosen the song.
It's frustrating to read that the NDR is still meddling with artists and keep on choosing the wrong songs.

mauve

Veteran
I don't know what to think of Will's video message. I do understand his disappointment, but stating that NDR chose the wrong songs (even though he doesn't know which acts were chosen yet!) is a bit like a sore looser.
But as @Mainshow pointed out it is NOT okay that NDR wanted to choose the "right" tune. That's none of their business. Additionally Will applied with "Hold on" already for 2022 (remember the list of acts in our NF?) and wasn't chosen whereas last year he applied with the same song again.
NDR keeps messing up things.

I bims

Veteran
I don't know what to think of Will's video message. I do understand his disappointment, but stating that NDR chose the wrong songs (even though he doesn't know which acts were chosen yet!) is a bit like a sore looser.
Well he's likely right tho, I bet they picked the most mediocre stuff, gave it to the international jury and they had to filter out the least boring leftovers and we will get another Bottom 5 parade. That being said, he's a bit cocky cause I'm not sure of he would've made the selection any better. Let's wait and see, but tbh I'm sure he's probably right lol

But looking at the snippets of Marie Reim and Jazka... if those songs made it well, not impressed in the slightest but very much the mid stuff NDR would pick.

mauve

Veteran
Well he's likely right tho, I bet they picked the most mediocre stuff, gave it to the international jury and they had to filter out the least boring leftovers and we will get another Bottom 5 parade.
Apparently Will wanted to choose a ballad, but NDR chose a catchy tune of him instead if I understood it correctly. But either way, since Will applied with 4 songs and was convinced only of one song, he shouldn't have applied with the other three.

Now it seems that probably Samuel Rösch (VoG-winner 2018) made it to the NF. :( Don't know if he is any better - he can sing for sure, but let's hope his song is not boring as hell.

Mainshow

Veteran
Actually, my expectations are below zero and I'm not excited about our NF at all.
It won't get better than Lord Of The Lost and they even just finished last in May...

ESC94

Actually, my expectations are below zero and I'm not excited about our NF at all.
It won't get better than Lord Of The Lost and they even just finished last in May...

Did you have any expectations to begin with?? I didn´t, it´s better for your mental health.

mauve

Veteran
I am a hopeless case. I KNOW that I should expect less than nothing, and yet there is always a glimmer of hope deep inside me. Unfortunately. Just to be disappointed again. I will never learn.

Mainshow

Veteran
Did you have any expectations to begin with?? I didn´t, it´s better for your mental health.
After Lord of the Lost, Frida Gold and Patty Gurdy, I had a glimpse of hope.
Tbh, it was the best NF since 2013/2014.

But I'm so sick and tired of hearing about how unnecessary steps, all the NDR people and (un)professional jury members meddling with the whole procedure.

All I want is to have something organic, something genuinely interesting and authentic.
But hearing about NDR choosing the least favourite track by an entrant to he ranked by former ESC participants finishing #24 in the GF.

Maybe there will be some lovely anf surprising entries but this is all just so frustrating....

ESC94

I am a hopeless case. I KNOW that I should expect less than nothing, and yet there is always a glimmer of hope deep inside me. Unfortunately. Just to be disappointed again. I will never learn.

Why does this remind me of an old episode of "The Simpsons"?? We (fans) are Bart and NDR is the electrically charged cupcake. :ROFLMAO:

ESC94

Realest

I cant stand her.

Top Bottom