11 6.9%

17 10.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
I wouldn't mind to hear a ballad fully performed in German.

I just hope that the professional/international jury members won't be voting for English radio pop songs only, though.

Marcos C

Thirty-two (32) songs have gone through to the next phase of the national preselection.

"The remaining 32 songs will now be evaluated by a 20-member international jury with up to 10 being selected to take part in Eurovision Song Contest 2024 – Das Deutsche Finale. The international jury members are past members of juries at Eurovision and will be revealed after the selection has been held."

Mainshow

Veteran
Gloria Massamba is among the 32 finalists.

She's from Frechen (close to Cologne) and her song is called "Let us start over".

Here's a short clip of her road to Eurovision (it aired last month when it wasn't clear whether she passed the last round of the internal selection process).

There's short live (and acoustic?) Clip of her entry in the video!

Last edited:

Realest

What does this mean? The Hosts?

GAk6ZX8XwAA43FE

mauve

Veteran
What does this mean? The Hosts?

GAk6ZX8XwAA43FE
Fans are already tryin to find an answer on ESCKompakt

Like they might be sitting on the sofa on our NF, or that they might be part of a song writing team or that they might replace Peter Urban (unlikely) or that they might be part of the Jury.

Most unliklely: That they will perform.

Realest

Short Reminder that the NDR-Jury gave 0 Points to Conchita. Even in the Semi with only 15 Countries.

PolarFoxxie.

Short Reminder that the NDR-Jury gave 0 Points to Conchita. Even in the Semi with only 15 Countries.
But public gave her 12 points. That's why she got 7 PTS in combine from neighbours.

PS there was that German rapper who gave her 0. He had something against her from begining. When Conchita first went to Austrian TV audition. He was also there as jurry and was always negative towards her. Sido is his name.

Last edited:

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just what Germany needs

Another long drawn out selection process full of slow songs and a sideshow to find >one< act for said long drawn out selection process. If you’re gonna do long drawn out processes, at least fill the NF with decent, diverse acts that can sing and aren’t boring

ESC94

Just what Germany needs

Another long drawn out selection process full of slow songs and a sideshow to find >one< act for said long drawn out selection process. If you’re gonna do long drawn out processes, at least fill the NF with decent, diverse acts that can sing and aren’t boring

Then look for another country in this case. :ROFLMAO:

mauve

Veteran
This concept is plain stupid. Why invest so much energy and money on something that gives us only one act in the end? Instead they should have made semis or just more entries in the NF (not that the quality would rise though). Gosh. What a mess.

200w.gif

ESC94

This concept is plain stupid. Why invest so much energy and money on something that gives us only one act in the end? Instead they should have made semis or just more entries in the NF (not that the quality would rise though). Gosh. What a mess.

200w.gif

Will never happen in :de:, especially nowadays when ARD and ZDF are under heavy fire from all sides.

Realest

Why cant we stick to one format?

Franzilein

Another Wildcard Format:

I have no idea why my comment was posted twice, but to avoid a repetition:

I think this wildcard format is so incredibly... meh. The candidates are only singing covers, we still don't know what the winner's own song will be like.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Unnecessary. Every time we had a wildcard, it massively sucked.
I don't need to watch 6 (?) episodes of covers sknce the Eurovision entry is the most important part. What if I like the voice but absolutely hate the final outcome? It's such an unnecessary concept.

They also lost me when Conchita said "Zuseher:innen".

Top Bottom