17 10.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
VERSENGOLD applied!

Their latest album peaked at #1 here in Germany.

They usually sing in German - it's a mix of folk/medieval/pop and Schlager-esque melodies and some rock influences.

If you ask me, I think that they wouldn't be a shabby choice for Eurovision at all.

rasmuslights

Veteran
VERSENGOLD applied!

Their latest album peaked at #1 here in Germany.

They usually sing in German - it's a mix of folk/medieval/pop and Schlager-esque melodies and some rock influences.

If you ask me, I think that they wouldn't be a shabby choice for Eurovision at all.

uhm. this is very jury bottom three coded. the televote might show it some love but not above 15th place either.

I bims

Veteran
uhm. this is very jury bottom three coded. the televote might show it some love but not above 15th place either.
We said that about LOTL as well so, yeah... Don't think they would do good in the contest sadly.
(I personally dig the music tho).

Maybe if they have a banger like "Melodies of Hope"?

Mainshow

Veteran
I personally don't care much about the final rankings...especially when it comes to the "professional" juries.
They will definitely not rank a song by Versengold that high but honestly, I prefer a successful and well-established act singing in German and showing an aspect of our local music scene to a manufactured pop song/Swedish or American left-over.

Anyway, we still have to wait for their entry but it's a good sign that the last place this year didn't pull off other successful bands to submit their songs! That's also why I was so surprised to learn about them applying for ESC!

rasmuslights

Veteran
I personally don't care much about the final rankings...especially when it comes to the "professional" juries.
They will definitely not rank a song by Versengold that high but honestly, I prefer a successful and well-established act singing in German and showing an aspect of our local music scene to a manufactured pop song/Swedish or American left-over.

Anyway, we still have to wait for their entry but it's a good sign that the last place this year didn't pull off other successful bands to submit their songs! That's also why I was so surprised to learn about them applying for ESC!

I do agree that it's not always about the final ranking. But I doubt they would get anything good from the contest apart from the experience itself.

meanwhile I discovered a duo that would definitely do very good at esc:

ESC94

I do agree that it's not always about the final ranking. But I doubt they would get anything good from the contest apart from the experience itself.

Sorry but his voice doesn´t sound good in the video already, don´t wanna hear it live. And the song itself is a big snoozefest for me, at least it´s very short. xbored

I bims

Veteran

Oooooh wow! He could really do something!
Something heartfelt, modern in german with lots of emotion?! That's perfect!

mauve

Veteran
Holymoly ... finally after months I am back! :love: Had many things to do with renovating our house. By now I have muscles like Popeye. :ROFLMAO: Well, Most of the songs submitted that I heard so far are very boring. We will be No. 1 candidate for Zero points again ... Hallo @ESC94 ! Long time no see! Will write you an email soon! xwave

Last edited:

ESC94

Holymoly ... finally after months I am back! :love: Had many things to do with renovating or house. By now I have muscles like Popeye. :ROFLMAO: Well, Most o the songs submitted that I heard so far are very boring. We will be No. 1 candidate for Zero points again ... Hallo @ESC94 ! Long time no see! Will write you an email soon! xwave

Good to see you again, but I guess I was a bit faster. ;)

Looren

Veteran
Holymoly ... finally after months I am back! :love: Had many things to do with renovating our house. By now I have muscles like Popeye. :ROFLMAO: Well, Most of the songs submitted that I heard so far are very boring. We will be No. 1 candidate for Zero points again ... Hallo @ESC94 ! Long time no see! Will write you an email soon! xwave

Mauuuuuuuuuuve xrunhugxrunhugxrunhugxrunhug

Happy to see you back xheart

ESC94

Take a look into your mailbox, just stent you a few videos. ;)

mauve

Veteran
Two artists and songs i found that i liked:

Julia meladin - 10 von 10

Lilly among clouds - look at the earth

Would love to see Lily making a fantastic comeback and applying for next year. Still mourning that "Surprise" didn't make it.

Top Bottom