United States ☂️ WV190 ☔ Nicole Miglis - All I See Is You

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Last edited:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 63: Youth Lagoon - Montana | MURICAVISION 64 IS UP

I guess two songs of this selection have been too weird for you. I'm not surprised :mrgreen:

Thanks for your voting anyway. They are life-changing (as always) xheat

IOTAP Excuse me?! Fascinating Aïda and My Lovely Horse aren't weird? :p And trust me, I've got weirder coming... ;)

Charly

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 63: Youth Lagoon - Montana | MURICAVISION 64 IS UP

::nwbr voted xcheer

ShoeFlo

IOTAP Excuse me?! Fascinating Aïda and My Lovely Horse aren't weird? :p And trust me, I've got weirder coming... ;)

Fair enough... maybe "obtrusive" fits better to the songs I was refering to xthink :p

-----------------------------------

I will hold a little LL for Muricavision tomorrow (Friday) at 20 CET.

I invite you to join my room: https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/feimir-room xcheer

[MENTION=14424]Genesis[/MENTION] [MENTION=12837]JamieBrown[/MENTION] [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION] [MENTION=13024]revallsay[/MENTION] [MENTION=10742]daniels1000[/MENTION] [MENTION=12033]Nicholas123[/MENTION]

If you don't have time I will do another LL one day later. Actually I will do LLs until everybody of you guys attended at least once and casted a voting, if necessary every day, every two hours. Don't even try to provoke me. I will catch you, sooner or later

-------------------------------------

Other persons who might be interested for joining the LL or just voting in general [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=14612]Aditya[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=10639]as78[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=14724]Karhu[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=7797]AdelAdel[/MENTION] ?
if you don't wanna vote it's fine anyway xrose

revallsay

[MENTION=11993]whiteshoes[/MENTION] I may come, but not sure. I hope I can xheart

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

I will vote, but I'll have o see if I can make the LL :D

JamieBrown

Unfortunately I cannot attend the LL, but I will vote next week xup

Genesis

Actually I will do LLs until everybody of you guys attended at least once and casted a voting, if necessary every day, every two hours. Don't even try to provoke me. I will catch you, sooner or later

Challenge-Accepted-Gif-Barney-12.gif

daniels1000

I'll be there! xup

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

If you don't have time I will do another LL one day later. Actually I will do LLs until everybody of you guys attended at least once and casted a voting, if necessary every day, every two hours. Don't even try to provoke me. I will catch you, sooner or later

So this is why you extended the spinoff deadline? To give you more time to have endless LLs? ;) :p xlove

Aditya

I'll definitely vote this time ;)

ShoeFlo

Deadline for Muricavision 64:

27th May, 13 CET

Don't forget voting, my dear friends

It's in Post #993

ShoeFlo

A last desperate attempt to get voters

[MENTION=10742]daniels1000[/MENTION] [MENTION=12033]Nicholas123[/MENTION]

This NF (Post #993) is open for another 37 hours. That means if you start listening now, you can take breaks of approximately 242 minutes between every song. That's enough time to think about every song very carefully.
Don't forsake me. If I don't get your voting I will lose my job and my house and I have to sleep under a bridge every night

If you don't do it for me then do it for America. The land of freedom, independence and boundless possibilities. If you don't vote Donald Trump is gonna win the next election. I'm not sure if you can deal with bearing the responsobility. Just sayin IOTAP

ShoeFlo

Deadline is over and I've got a winner! I say thank you to 13 voters! xcheer

ShoeFlo

WV 64
United States of Murica
Sigur Rós Ecco - Beneath the Open Sky

hqdefault.jpg

Lyrics

To my surprise the lyrics is in English and not in Hopelandic as I first assumed. However, I am happy that the song itself is better than the lyrics :D

I sit alone and find you
a star so bright that you
you bring warmth to all life
the sun you are

your rise and fall paints the land into beauty
you are beautiful and you
the sun you are

It's indescribable how the simple things you do
make me live
my sun you are

I lay in awe at you
it is you that comforts every breath I take
my sun you are

the sun you are
my star you are (x2)

my love you are
my sun and stars

the sun you are
my star you are (x3)

my star you are
my star you are
my star you are
my star you are

-----------------------

The community refused my attempts to try some rock and retro stuff in Worldvision and instead they prefer typical whiteshoes stuff again... here you go! :p
I was shocked to see Youth Lagoon winning my last NF and I am also shocked to see Ecco win this NF. Taking into account which people voted it's probably not a surprise but I thought it would be forgotten due to many noticeable songs in my NF. Anyway I love this genre so I'm totally delighted to be represented by Ecco. During my time in USA I sent two or three rather famous artist so Ecco is the complete opposition to that. They have like 520 facebook likes and they didnt post anything for a year or so. As far as I know they just had that one album and I don't have further informations. Don't even know if they even still exist. In a nutshell this is a surprisingly unknown band. Apparently they had bad marketing cause otherwise it's hard to understand how they didn't attract more attention with that undoubtedly beautiful music. Most likely they are inspired by my favorite band Sigur Rós and thats probably also a reason why I love their music. If I had a band and would know somebody with a high-pitch voice I'd probably also try to play post-rock music and becoming a German Sigur Rós. (anyone interested?) They did their very well and their songs are an honour to their idols rather than a rip-off of them.

Muricavision Resluts:

Again I only counted the big points (from 7 to 10). Sorry for not telling you this before. This is the final result:

1. Ecco - Beneath the Open Sky 70 p.
2. The Monkees - Daydream Believer 66 p.
3. Regina Spektor - Samson 62
4. The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird 44
5. The Byrds - Turn, Turn, Turn 43
6. Portugal. The Man - So American 35
7. MGMT - Flash Delirium 32
8. Baio - Sister of Pearl 31
9. Grizzly Bear - Forgot the song title 30
10. David Glen Eisley - Sweet Victory 27

The Monkees have been leading in most parts of the voting period. Seemed like nobody could hide from the upcheering spirit of this classic. But then Daniel's voting came in and Regina Spektor mounted the throne. The Monkees were loved the most by - surprise, surprise - Calvin, Kai and Robert.

Regina Spektor was probably one of the main contender for winning Muricavision. I really love her as an artist and Samson is a pure beauty. Regina Spektor was actually leading short before the deadline ended but then Luis changed the lead by supporting Ecco and neglecting Regina. I realized that her WV results so far are devastating. Ben flopped with her in WV and also in a spin-off. She deserves to get vengeance one day.

The Trashmen The most polarizing one. Kai, Charly and especially Flo loved this song and gave 10 points while others were annoyed by this super progressive song of the 60s years. Apparently some people don't know about the bird. :( As you can see it was far away from winning though.

Speaking of birds... The Byrds reached a solid 5th place in this bloodbath of a NF. This soothing and folky song of the 60s got supporters of the same people who supported also The Monkees but some persons were just bored by it. Possibly Mr. Tambourine Man would have been the more promising choice

Portugal the Man finished in midtable again, actually they did even worse than in the previous Muricavision. I think that's a pity cause it's such a interesting and well composed song. There was a time I was addicted to it. Ben and Kai were supporting this the most, as well as Kris and Daniel.

Speaking of addicted (woah, another great transition). I have been totally captivated by MGMT's trippy "Flash Delirious". Such an extraordinary production. It didn't failed as bad as I expected. Still managed to beat 3 other songs xheat Only Kai, Calvin, Ben and surprisingly Luis could deal with this song and rewarded it with juicy points. The failure is probably a good thing cause right now I start to be fed up with this song.

I guess Baio's song "Sister of Pearl" was simply too normal for this selection. It's probably the song that couldn't be hated but at the same time it couldn't spellbind anyone. I think it has an amazing and catchy hook but I knew it would not win. Thanks to this song Staewi's voting is actually accepted cause it was his only high rating. He gave it 7 xlove

Grizzly Bear... everybody was tired after listening to 9 songs so they lacked energy to appreciate this song. xacademic It was the only song that didn't get more than 8 points from anybody

David Glen Eisley's rock anthem from the good old 80s was probably to cheesy for most of you. I think it is a very motivating and encouraging song and it's very classy rock music that I mostly enjoy. Aditya went crazy for this but he also enjoyed Ecco so there is no reason for being disappointed!

Full Results:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/eram6h

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 64: Ecco - Beneath the Open Sky

Wow, very thorough analyses there! Just one thing, I gave Ecco 8, not 9... Totally changes nothing ofc! :p

ShoeFlo

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 64: Ecco - Beneath the Open Sky

:us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us:
WV 64: Ecco - Beneath The Open Sky
17th - 119 points

My thanks go to...

:12: ::atti :sc: xheart xheart
:10: :il: (biggest surprise for me!) :lond: :svea: xheart
:7: :kyus:hu (another surprise :eek: ) :mk: :ma: :nrwe:
:6: ::atti :paci:
:5: :ar: :de: ::mazo ::subc
:4: :rolleyes:
:3: ::emro
:2: :sobr:
:1: :rolleyes:

This is a wonderful result. I had a lot of luck in this edition... Getting into the final just because I had one voter more than LA, then benefitting from the failure of many Pot F songs in Semi Final... but nevertheless, it's great to see that also with unknown discoveries like this one I can touch some people's hearts and I hope I can keep going this way!

I have to make an announcement: The next edition will be the last for the :us: and it will be hard to say goodbye. My era here was pretty successful and delightful and I've loved all my choices. Some of them got a very big meaning for myself and I will look for an possibility to honour my time as Murica juror. Maybe some kind of video or banner .. idk

My last entry I think fits perfectly as an Farewell entry. It is typical whiteshoes style but it has also some untypical elements that you didn't hear in my previous songs. For the first time, USA will steal an artist/band from Europa which coincidentally has some connection to the United Stated. This artist did actually take part on the WV before. Brace yourselves!

Top Bottom