United States ☂️ WV190 ☔ Nicole Miglis - All I See Is You

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Last edited:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 62: John Williams - Schindler's List Theme

Not my favourite of the NF for sure, but when I heard it again, I found it to be better than I remembered. Best of luck wi'it! :)

Krishoes

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 62: John Williams - Schindler's List Theme

This winner, so emotional xcry xcry1

daniels1000

:oops:

Dan i am sorry for changing your name, but you have an uberwoog taste for sure! :mrgreen:

Outrageous. To think anyone other but me is Florian's twin? Pffffff.

But I forgive you for having such great votes! :mrgreen: xheart

Great winner! xheart xcheer

ShoeFlo

Again, thank you guys for making me qualify for the WV Final. It really means a lot to me :) I hope we will see a great final with many amazing songs and that my songs contribute to its greatness!

Some informations about Muricavision 63 that I try to publish within the next 7 days:

- 6 songs (after those 10 songs in last Murcivasion this will feel like a ridicolously short NF)
- genres: indie-folk, indie-rock, possibly a bit dream-pop
- probably it will be one male band, four male solo artists and one female artist (I wanna stick to the female quota :lol: )

so far only 2 entries are fixed so I'm still in the middle of the creation process

ShoeFlo

Some informations about Muricavision 63 that I try to publish within the next 7 days:

- 6 songs (after those 10 songs in last Murcivasion this will feel like a ridicolously short NF)
- genres: indie-folk, indie-rock, possibly a bit dream-pop
- probably it will be one male band, four male solo artists and one female artist (I wanna stick to the female quota :lol: )

so far only 2 entries are fixed so I'm still in the middle of the creation process

Update!

Now my line-up is complete. Contrary to my first statement there won't be any female artist. Only male artists. I couldn't help it.. the quality of my male artists is too huge.I'd love to make another 10 artists NF but I don't want to overchallenge you guys given that many people wait and hope to get votings in their NFs

I will try to publish my NF tomorrow right after the Final LL.

Just some informations about the selection to make you curios:

1st song: Indie Folk, Baroque Pop
2st song: Acoustic or chamber folk
3rd song: Alternative Rock
4th song: Dream-pop, lo-fi
5th song: Indie Rock
6th song: Indie-Folk (with breathtaking ambientic outro)

Are you excited? xheya
hello.gif

ShoeFlo

aBEBl7C.png

Welcome to another fancy Muricavision, the Melodifestivalen of Worldvision. Muricavision is what everybody is caring and waiting for and the main topic people are talking about every day so I understand if you are euphoric reading this post right now. Just lean back, take a deep breath, have a sip of water if it helps. I don’t wanna kill people with my awesomeness. Not again.

The theme of Muricavision 63 is ... well, there isn’t a real theme but there is a strong tendency to Indie-Folk/Alternative-Rock and stuff like this. Most of these songs are rather quiet and emotional, some are a little more mainstreamish. People who came for obtrusive uptempo songs can now stop reading and close this tab.

With this NF I’m walking on unsecure terrain. Two of the artists were sent before by other users, Fleet Foxes & Sufjan Stevens, and both failed to qualify. Let’s hope I’m not doomed.

1. Fleet Foxes – White Winter Hymnal

Let’s start with a cute, playful and short Fleet Foxes classic and an even cuter music video and poetic lyrics.
It was covered by many artists such as Birdy and Pentatonix but the original version is unbeatable.
Enjoy!

2. Joshua Radin – Winter

Another winter-related song, yeah I know I’m a few months late for this. This is a very beautiful and sad one. Some people may know this from a Scrubs episode.

3. Radical Face – Welcome Home

I know somebody here will be very happy about this song being in my selection.
hello.gif

Probably the most famous song of this line-up (it was featured in a Nikon commercial) It took me some time to appreciate the greatness of this song but meanwhile I’m always singing this along.

4. Youth Lagoon – Montana

Youth Lagoon is the solo project of the singer Trevor Powers. There are quite some nice songs of him but unfortunately he concluded this solo project this year. I love this one for his dreamy vibes and his awesome crescendo. Also the lo-fi quality makes this special in my opinion.

5. Portugal. The Man – So American

Now we go to the far north right to one of Murica’s freak states named Alaska. That’s the place ”Portugal. The Man” are coming from. No idea if they have any connections to Portugal or if this is a randomly chosen name. Anyway they are one of the best alternative-rock bands I know and it seems like living in cold places do people inspire and giving them creativity. I dont know how often I listened to this song the last few months but it were many times

6. Sufjan Stevens – Blue Bucket of Gold

A wonderful and yearning song with a sad background. This song is the last song of his album ”Corrie & Lowell” which was dedicated to his mum who died short time before due to cancer. His mom left him when he was young and hardly cared for him since she was alcoholic and schizophrenic. Just when they reconciled with each other she died. In this album he copes with his sorrow. On the one hand he forgives her but on the other hand there are emotions like confusion, sadness and anger. Moreover, his desire for a closer relationsship to his mom is noticeable in some songs.
This song do have an amazing ambient outro and for me that’s probably the icing on the cake. His explanation: „“I didn’t know my mom well in a lot of ways and I didn’t know how to say goodbye on the last track with articulation. So I quit playing piano and vocals and just stopped. I wanted to surrender her to the beyond with noises that sound bigger than just me.” xheart

Voting procedure

Rate every song from :1: (horrible) to :10: (wonderful)

I'm excited for your votings, I hope you will enjoy. Thank you in advance! xcheer

Voted: Ostlandet :lond: ::losn :mk: ::midw ::nebr :sc: :de: Connt ::atti

Ringdalen

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 62: John Williams - Schindler's List Theme | MURICAVISION 63 POST #967

::ostl have sent their votes :D

You have selected many good songs :D

Krishoes

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 62: John Williams - Schindler's List Theme | MURICAVISION 63 POST #967

::losn voted

tumblr_njtp75SOSY1s0hjrao1_500.gif

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

:mk: voted :)

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

Thank you for having this wonderful song in your NF. I watched the movie when it came out. Everything is pretty intense there and this song gives me feelings I cannot describe. It has remained deep inside my mind since then xcry1 xrose. And when I saw you had this in your NF, I was simply excited.An amazing choice and an awesome result.

ShoeFlo

One night after the Results show this second place feels even better. 220 points is such a huge number and it's by far my record. In fact, this is the first time I broke the 200 points mark xheya
There are some reasons why a win would be perfect (I wanna host so badly, got a nice idea for a PQ entry and so on :D ) but after I saw what Croatia sent it was obvious to me that this would win this edition easily. 2nd was the best possible result for me and I was so overwhelmed by the positive feedback

Now let's check my Top 10 results list:
1. 1
2. 1
3. 1
4. -
5. 1
6. 2
7. -
8. 3
9. 1
10. -

Now my set of medals is complete xcheer I'm still missing a 4th, 7th and 10th place. However I don't see this happen very soon... In my collection of potential future entries I don't see many Top 10 contenders.

WV 63 will be my third last edition as :us: juror. WV 65 is reserved for a specific singer so WV 64 will probably be a messy and big NF with lots of randomly chosen and very different songs.. cause I'm gonna put in all remaining songs I enjoy.
[MENTION=4724]EurovisionSmile[/MENTION] Thank you for these wonderful words. I think I feel the same emotions like you when I watched that movie the first time. It touches me on the deepest point of my soul. xrose I was so happy when I saw the :12: from you.. it's like I accomplished the major mission. There were some editions in which I felt a little little bit neglected by you xcrazy I often ended with only 1 or 2 from you which is of course amazing but sometimes I expected a little more :lol: Of course this is not meant as criticism. You got a wonderful taste and you prove it in every edition. Thanks a lot!

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

Haha :D I understand what you mean. But those specific editions where I kept giving you 1s, 2s and especially 3s (I even laughed when I realised you kept ending in the same place in my final rankings) were the ones where you've sent a very specific genre that even though I appreciate and like it a lot, sometimes even love, in normal circumstances, it doesn't matter how I like the songs, it's easily beaten by other genres and/or subgenres when it comes to comparing songs and rank them, as long as those are songs I love, ofc. So yeah, that's the reason. But you've received my 12s twice in 4 editions, and that's not for everyone. xqueenbitch Overall, you're obviously one of my favourite jurors when it comes to taste. :D xheart

ShoeFlo

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | National Final: MURICAVISION 63 POST #967

Slowly but surely things get serious. I received 9 votings in my NF so far and it's very exciting so far. The ranking look very balanced and it seems like every song got a chance to win this Muricavision

I set a deadline: 27th April, 23:59 CET

So you guys still have more than 48 hours to rate those 6 songs (http://www.escunited.com/threads/85...-63-POST-967?p=1595650&viewfull=1#post1595650)

Now it's mention time!

Pot F buddies:
[MENTION=4724]EurovisionSmile[/MENTION] [MENTION=12033]Nicholas123[/MENTION]

Poland Mafia:
[MENTION=14424]Genesis[/MENTION] [MENTION=13024]revallsay[/MENTION]

People who usually don't vote in my NFs and probably don't have time/motivation but I want to give it a try:
[MENTION=8788]chontono[/MENTION] [MENTION=10871]Sven[/MENTION]

another experimental invitation:
[MENTION=14724]Karhu[/MENTION]

I'd like you guys to vote in my NF cause I'm curious about your opinion but if you don't like to vote please don't worry. I'm not desperately looking for another voters since I already got 9 which is an okayish number of voters... It's your choice

hello.gif

1862827050.gif
GetStrip5.php
homer_zps2de4e489.png
GetStrip5.php
redface.gif

yum.gif
xspam

revallsay

Ok, you won, I wanted to boycott this NF, but I'll vote tomorrow.

@ShoeFlo (xheat)

chontono

I would vote but I´m getting married in four days xheat Sorry :(

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Best excuse ever. Congrats xheart

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Have a wonderful wonderful day! :D Congratulations and may everything go to plan xlove

Top Bottom