Re: United States of Murica (USM) | National Final: MURICAVISION 63 POST #967

Thanks for the invitation! :D I will vote soon
hello.gif

Aditya

I'll be sure to vote as well :D

ShoeFlo

The Deadline is over and we have a winner!

Thanks to these 11 voters: Ole, Robert, Kris, Calvin, Kai, Charly, Daniel, Ben, Connor, Nicholas & Karhu xlove

Once again it wasn't even a close race... I don't know why my NFs are never exciting resultswise... seems like I don't find the perfect mixture :D
I spontaneously decided to only count all votings over 6 points and it turned out that the winner song got more than :6: exactly seven times: 3x 10 P. 1x 9 P. 2x 8 P. & 1x 7 P.
The second place only got 5 votings over :6: so as I said there was a clear favorite and a deserved winner!

Aditya

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | National Final is CLOSED, WV 63 entry is sent!

Aw, I was planning on voting here later tonight. :$ I guess this is why I should pay attention to deadlines better. However, based on the songs in the national final, you should likely get points from me ;)

ShoeFlo

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | National Final is CLOSED, WV 63 entry is sent!

Aw, I was planning on voting here later tonight. :$ I guess this is why I should pay attention to deadlines better. However, based on the songs in the national final, you should likely get points from me ;)

Points xheat xheat
As I wrote in the post before it was a relatively clear winner so your couldn't change anything with your voting. So you don't need to worry anyway :p

ShoeFlo

I'm bored so I decided to reveal the places 4-6 of my NF :D

6th with three votings over 6 points: twice 10 and once 7 points

5th with four votings over 6 points: once 9, once 8, twice 7 points

4th with four votings over 6 points: once 10, twice 8, once 7 points

So, these three songs are still in competition:

xcheer

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Montana still in xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Excellent.. my top 3 remain.

hqdefault.jpg

I don't care what wins now. They'd all make for fabulous entries.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Three of my top four survive; looks like I'll be enjoying the US entry this edition. :)

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

My favourite last :( Not keen on any of the remaining three xcry

ShoeFlo

WV 63
United States of Murica
Youth Lagoon - Montana

homepage_large.f71fbcdd.jpg

Lyrics

You wore a hoodless sweatshirt on your bed that night
With black leggings, I've never seen your face so white
Your honesty was killing me
The monsters in the room were all dancing to the music all around us

A door is always open if it isn't closed
And a plant is said to be dead if it doesn't grow

I'll grow
I will grow

There's a spirit in Montana and in your chest, a soul
Oh, what a soul
I tried to be the middle-man between you and this list
I couldn't move as the footsteps neared closer to me from the monsters that feed
I swore that I wouldn't bleed
I won't bleed

There's a spirit in Montana and in your chest
A note that rings like the bells of cathedrals rung by the village scapegoat

As I walked slowly down your driveway to my car
I looked back and turned into salt
A pillar with a hat

-----------------------

As you see the solo project of Trevor Powers called "Youth Lagoon" did win this NF with the addictive Dream-pop & lo-fi song "Montana". To be honest for me this is a huge surprise! I was unsure how it will be received... I thought the lo-fi vocals would put all people off and that only Kai would appreciate it. It was my bet for last place but instead it did a Leicester City.
Montana wasn't my absolute favorite but I'm fairly happy to see it winning. This song continues two whiteshoes' traditions: It's another song that fits into the dream-pop genre. I sent Low Roars "Friends make Garbage" and Beach House's "Myth" before and some people would also consider "Hoppipolla" a Dream-pop song. And then of course the totally meaningless but at the same time fascinating tradition of one-word-title-entries. It's already my 15th song of that kind. I guess I should do a ranking of that to reveal which people send the longest titles... I guess people who send long titles just need to compensate for something ;) :lol:
On the second place there finished Sufjan Stevens' half-ambientic masterpiece "Blue Bucket of Gold". This song makes me shiver in a good way and I think about putting it in my next Muricavision to give it another chance. I'd also like to put "So American" by Portugal The Man into my next NF which finished on a good third place... I will have to decide for one of these songs xthink I heard So American so damn often the last few months that it's actually ridicolous that I didn't send it so far but if the rivals are such guys like Sufjan and Youth Lagoon things get complicated :p

Here are the total results of this Muricavision:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/k4a4xt

Fun fact: Connor's ranking is completely contrary to the total ranking xcrazy Just hope that it doesnt scare him off for voting also in my next NF ;)

ShoeFlo

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 63: Youth Lagoon - Montana

aBEBl7C.png

The most popular National Final of Worldvision is back, a great welcome to Muricavision 64! The USM are looking for an artist who can continue the successful streak of 5 consecutive final qualifications, if possible somebody who can knock on the door of Top 10.
This Muricavision has no special theme, it's more like a closeout sale. In fact, this will be my last Muricavision so I just put everything that came into my mind, everything I enjoy and which was still missing in my USA tenure. Why is this my last Muricavision? Well, my participant for WV 65 will be elected internally and after that I will leave my beloved Murica and go back where I really belong.

Since this is my last MV you can maybe understand somehow that there are 10 songs cause I can't save good songs for a later edition anymore and I just wanna show all facets of my taste. You have really enough time to vote and I will organize an LL or even more LLs if requested. Those who took part in my last Muricavision already have a rating for one of these songs.
Musicwise I think it's a very interesting and diverse mixture.
In a nutshell:
One folk song from 1965, one song that was featured in Spongebob Squarepants, one song that failed in last MV and deserves a second chance, one song that is featured in FIFA 16, one psychedelic acid trip, one uplifting song from 1968, one totally unknown post-rock song, one beautiful ballad, one surf-rock classic, and finally one indie-rock song.
This NF has everything you need, I hope you enjoy!

1) The Byrds – Turn, Turn, Turn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4

2) David Glen Eisley – Sweet Victory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7fnlJ60RO8

3) Portugal. The Man - So American
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iww-l4UtygE

4) Baio – Sister of Pearl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzMmep2KFYE

5) MGMT – Flash Delirium
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvSMp7T2Kes

6) The Monkees – Daydream Believer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU615FaODCg

7) Ecco - Beneath The Open Sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoGIRnaH1_Y

8) Regina Spektor – Samson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p62rfWxs6a8

9) Trashmen - Surfin Bird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4

10) Grizzly Bear – Two Weeks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjecYugTbIQ

Some spontaneous mentions
[MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] [MENTION=14424]Genesis[/MENTION] [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] [MENTION=12837]JamieBrown[/MENTION] [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION] [MENTION=13024]revallsay[/MENTION] [MENTION=10742]daniels1000[/MENTION] [MENTION=12033]Nicholas123[/MENTION] [MENTION=13314]DaFlo[/MENTION] (it's worth a try :lol: ) [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION]

Voting System
Please rate every song from :1: (awful) to :10: (slaying). Just like in last MV :)

Deadline: TBA

Voted: :mk: South Atlantic States ::midw Robert ::newb ZoboCamel Subway :neus: :is: :de: :sc:

DaFlo

Banned
Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 63: Youth Lagoon - Montana | MURICAVISION 64 IS UP

It's indeed worth a try cuz I see a mega hit there :O

Scandalous voting incoming

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 63: Youth Lagoon - Montana | MURICAVISION 64 IS UP

I will vote later. I see the hot colossal hit "Surfin Bird" is there.

Good luck as well in the final with Youth Lagoon. I noticed I hadn't left you a passionate message of appreciation here as I usually do. It was very nice to see a piece of lo-fi music pass through to the final. Hopefully this will inspire me to unleash my favourite lo-fi hits recorded into a tin can as well. I think it's kind of sad you're leaving the USA so soon though. I believe you have so much more to give from here.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Just looking, 2 insta10s, and who knows what surprises await? xheart

EDIT: :mk: voted (don't worry - just skipped the hits I knew and loved rather than doing iconic 30-second listens)! What a hot NF. xlove

ShoeFlo

Thanks for voting [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION]
I'm so happy you enjoyed my selection so much xheart

ShoeFlo

I will vote later. I see the hot colossal hit "Surfin Bird" is there.

Good luck as well in the final with Youth Lagoon. I noticed I hadn't left you a passionate message of appreciation here as I usually do. It was very nice to see a piece of lo-fi music pass through to the final. Hopefully this will inspire me to unleash my favourite lo-fi hits recorded into a tin can as well. I think it's kind of sad you're leaving the USA so soon though. I believe you have so much more to give from here.

Thank you for nice words. Don't feel forced to make appreciation posts in my thread. I knew anyway how you think and feel about Youth Lagoon and you've made already enough efforts to express it xheat
Leaving USA won't be easy. If you are once here you don't wanna leave it cause it's a big privilege to be juror of this nation. I love all my artists and I meanwhile feel strongly connected to the USA music scene, even though now and then it drives me literally crazy to have so many possibilities.
But while the time in USA passed by also my list of potential Iceland entries grew more and more. New amazing discoveries and new tasty releases. I'm super motivated to share the music with the community. I once joined WV to show everybody how vivid Iceland's music scene is and that there is more than just Björk. I want to continue my mission.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

:lond: has voted in this rather superb NF. Seems like you have a little something for everyone there Mr. ShoeFlo! Really enjoyed the selection (well most of the selection... :p) and best of luck to the winner! :)

ShoeFlo

I guess two songs of this selection have been too weird for you. I'm not surprised :mrgreen:

Thanks for your voting anyway. They are life-changing (as always) xheat

Top Bottom