That's the way to see the end
Glowing out along the river bend
It's not goodbye my only friend
Yesterday started over again

Ooooooohoooooohooooohooohooooooohoooooooohooooohoo oohooohooooooo
oooooohoooooOOOOOOOOHOOHOHOHOOO oooooooohooohohooooohoooohoohoooooo
3x

-----------------------

For my farewell edition in the :us: I come up with something very special. Actually I don't like stealing artists from abroad but I just couldn't resist after I got the information about M83 living in Los Angeles and have lots of collaborations with US artist/composers. This song is very special to me, certainly one of my favorite WV songs already. For me personally, it would fight against Myth and Schindlers List theme for the title "most favorite USA song". The choir is so wondrous and the melody is from another world. Love it really. I think it has also this farewell vibes...sort of. I hope it will be a song people will remember also a few months later
Hopefully I can finish my USA era in a proper style by getting a solid final place. I am happy with most of my results even though I couldn't break the USA course... still no win for Murica. Anyway, maybe Staewi will make it one day!

ShoeFlo

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 66: Some cheap slut pop

:us: M83 - Splendor: DNQ, 11th place 61 points :us:

Phew... I gotta swallow that. From an emotional point of view I reached my deepest point in my WV career looking at this disappointing result. I did well with dreamy songs before and most of them were much worse than this one. This song is pure beauty. Just at this morning I was thinking if this might be even my favorite of all my WV songs. I can't say that easily but this song certainly plays in the same league as Vor i Vaglaskogi, Tornado, Dýrð Í Dauðaþögn, Hoppipolla, Myth & Schindler's List theme. One of the finest.

I think my failure has something to do with the fact that William sent M83 just an edition ago. Without him I wouldn't even know that M83 has connection to USA so I have to thank. Possibly here are players who don't like one band sent twice in a row by different users because they either compare both songs to each other and rate the latter one negatively or they just think it's an uncreative choice or "stealing". In that case people might have the wrong priorities when it comes to voting. But well, I can't prove that anyway. Maybe I just had a bad draw.

Of course Ben missing and possibly also Anna (I don't know if the vote REJU?) missing hit me hard cause I usually can rely on getting some points of them. Maybe their participation would have helped me a lot.
I don't regret this choice. I love this song, I love this band. They represent my taste fantastically and no song would be better for a last song of my exciting USA journey than Splendor

I finish with USA in the way I started: With a failure. Everything in between however, was truly amazing. One silver, one bronze. The best one can do in 8 edition with the cursed USA. My journey in USA should be a journey through different decades and different genres. After all, it was just a single song of the 1990s and the other from this century and stylewise I started diverse with Indie-Folk, traditional folk, Synth pop. Then I continued with Dream-pop, instrumental, lo-fi'ish dream-pop, post-rockish dream-pop and Dream-pop. xthink xcrazy

It seems I couldn't keep my promise of big variety. I just hope I could win some of your hearts in my time as USA juror and I hope some people will remember that short era :D I think compared to the prior USA jurors (who all did an excellent job in their own way) I had a very different approach and tried new things and some risks. I intended to show a different face of USA music. There are some artists (especially Sufjan Stevens, Portugal. The Man & the Trashmen) that I desperately wanna see in Worldvision with specific songs. I guess I will annoy some people as long as they send it. I can be very annoying and stubborn xacademic

A few months ago making polls was a big thing here in WV so I try it again:

1. What was your favorite song in my USA era?
2. Which song was robbed?
3. Which song was overrated?
4. Your opinion: How well did I do as US juror from 1-10 (1 = „leave WV or I will nuke your town“ – 10 = „I love your music, let me be your slave“)?
5. I will return to Iceland, so how much Sigur Rós are your bodies able to handle?
6. If a vampire bites a zombie,will it turn into a zombie or will the zombie turn into a vampire?

These are all my :us: songs:
WV 58 Bon Iver - Holocene: DNQ
WV 59 Blackmore's Night - Cartouche: 3rd place
WV 60 The Killers - Human: 6th place
WV 61 Beach House - Myth: 21st place
WV 62 John Williams - Schindler's List: 2nd place
WV 63 Youth Lagoon - Montana: 23rd place
WV 64 Ecco - Beneath the Open Sky: 18th place
WC 65 M83 - Splendor: DNQ

JamieBrown

Aww...yiss! Went throught the answers in the icelandic thread shortly ago :D I'll do that here for sure xup

Harsh competition. I guess it's Schindler's List theme.

Should listen to the current song, but Holocene is worth the title as well.

Human. It's not bad, though.

4. Your opinion: How well did I do as US juror from 1-10 (1 = „leave WV or I will nuke your town“ – 10 = „I love your music, let me be your slave“)?
I'm sorry to do this, but for me it's a 7 or 8. Of course there are these slaying entries, but so many, which I found just nice xrose

5. I will return to Iceland, so how much Sigur Rós are your bodies able to handle?
Kill me! xheart

6. If a vampire bites a zombie,will it turn into a zombie or will the zombie turn into a vampire?

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Beneath The Open Sky was absolutely brain-stormingly brilliant. No idea how it didn't do better than it did. :(

Your last three entries all should have been top ten, so any of them.

Myth for sure. Sorry, but was not a huge fan. :(

Hmm, I gave you an average of 5 points every semi, so you must have done fairly well! Let's go for 9! :D

Who's he? Have you mentioned him before at all? :p

They both turn into a rainbow unicorn of magic and cookies and bring love to the world. xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Beach House's "Myth" with "Splendor" a very close second, but not forgetting "Schindler's List". Those were your three very special entries.

Obvious answer here. "Splendor" is one of the biggest WV robberies of all time. Absolutely shocking and I still don't quite understand it.

Another easy one. I didn't really care much for The Killers "Human". This was your mainstream entry. Popsicle rock. Was kind of obvious this one wouldn't really be for me. Didn't hate it though.

I would say 9/10 but I want to be your slave so 10/10. Just one entry out of eight that I didn't like is quite something. It was a very nice journey you had with Murica.

As many melancholic and dreamy hits that you can throw at my body. Be careful though.. I know Sigur Ros have a chirpy and cheery side to them. Remember that I am a wreck and only enjoy songs about death and misery.

Well in all my years biting zombies, it not once has happened yet. I'm still as i've always been.

So sorry you failed with this beautiful touching song Flo. I felt similar feelings when I failed with Elliott Smith, although I was expecting it with him because of the draw. This is puzzling. One of your best songs and should have been a certainty for the final. This is a strange game though. Anything can happen. I'm sure you'll pick yourself back up again. You've had some great surprise qualifications with USA, and I guess a shock was needed to balance it out. A great shame it was with "Splendor" though. You won my heart with USA. Thanks for all the beautiful songsxrose Good luck with your return to Iceland.

Evangeline

Neither. A vampire doesn't have blood (even though this differs in several stories, but commonly it is accepted that a vampire doesn't have blood and therefore needs to drink the blood of humans to survive), so the zombie virus can't be transmitted throughout the entire body. Also, a vampire has (the ability to have) eternal life, so it can't die and turn into a zombie. The area that was bitten will repair very quickly because of the self-healing vampire DNA. On the other hand, a zombie is already dead and can therefore not change into a living creature, a vampire. A hybrid won't occur either. Well it could, but a slow creature that dies when the sun shines won't last long, and a mixture of something living and something dead isn't likely.

The question itself is false because a zombie doesn't have blood (there might be very rare exceptions, but that's what they are, exceptions) and that would be the only reason for a vampire to bite (taking into consideration that there are much more viable self-defense options for the vampire, who tends to be very speedy).

Now you may be wondering: What happens if a Zombie bit a vampire? Interesting question! As stated earlier, a vampire can't turn into a zombie. Not by a vampire biting the zombie, and not the other way around. So what happens to the Zombie? Nothing as well: Vampires have a near impenetrable skin. Even if the zombie attempts to bite the vampire, it won't come far.

And just for the lolz: Humans who are bitten by a zombie-virus infected vampire will only turn into a vampire because there is no way for the zombie-virus to travel through the vampire's body. It will definitely never reach the teeth, unless a zombie and a vampire have been making out passionately.

Hope this helps!

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

The Killers - Human

...The Killers - Human...

Blackmore's Night - Cartouche

Hmm well, by and large we have a very different taste, but there have been a couple of gems, so I give you 5.5

erm... not a lot.

tumblr_mob1lmnCL51rc8xd6o1_500.gif

Did I get
Reg-A-Plus-Great-Work-698x400.jpg

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Hello my friend. I've been thinking of you a lot. To help turn that frown upside down, I have decided to make a very special ranking of all your songs since i've been playing + your iconic winning song for Iceland. I hope your life shall be enriched gazing upon this list of most wondrous songs. That top 10 is ridiculously good. Leaves my body a hot wreck just even thinking about such pieces of music. So many special songs.

01. Ólafur Arnalds - Fyrsta
02. Beach House - Myth
03. M83 - Splendor
04. Tilbury - Tendorloin
05. John Williams - Schindler's List
06. Sigur Rós - Hoppípolla
07. Low Roar - Friends Make Garbage
08. Kaleo - Vor í Vaglaskógi
09. Ásgeir - Dýrð í dauðaþögn
10. Blackmore's Night - Cartouche
11. Youth Lagoon - Montana
12. Árstíðir - Himinhvel
13. Ecco - Beneath the Open Sky
14. Asgeir - Hærra
15. Bon Iver - Holocene
16. The Killers - Human
17. Thorsteinn Einarsson - Leya
18. Rokkurro - Sjonarspil

Also, i've done what I can only do in such tragic and sad situations, and that is to turn my feelings into art.

m7kohh2.png

I hope my list and painting bring you comfort dear Flo. Warmest regards from your friend, Kai.

ShoeFlo

Thank you for your feedback guys. Very insightful xheat
[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] that picture is so... I can't even... xbow xbow It totally makes my day! You deserve a medal for that.
Also that ranking looks very nice. Makes me realize that you in fact liked the majority of my songs. Actually I already overcame my failure after like one, two hours but nevertheless your post was really encouraging.
My ranking would probably look a bit different. Olafur probably not on number 1, Tilbury would be lower. Then again, Sigur Rós would be higher as well as Ásgeir's first song and Rökkurró. There is a similarity when it comes to the "least amazing" songs of this era. My "flop 4" of these songs would probably consist of Youth Lagoon, Bon Iver, The Killers & Thorsteinn Einarsson. And as I see you ranked them rather low, too :D What a pity that you didn't join a little earlier so that you could come up with a complete ranking of my songs xheat Then again, I think that my first songs were not so much Rainy-style so probably the Top 10 wouldnt look very different
Brace yourselve for my RainyWoods song ranking that I will post as soon as you fail again (which won't hopefully happen in the next 10 editions)
[MENTION=12536]Evangeline[/MENTION] That explanation is the first one that makes much sense and convinces me. One can see that you are an expert when it comes to vampires and zombies, you probably have your own zombie and vampire pets in your garden. Now, with this helpful informations I won't have any sleepless nights anymore. This question drove me crazy for such a long time. Now I feel like a more intelligent person!

MARCOMEN

Youth Lagoon - Montana

Bon Iver - Holocene.
Should have qualified.

The Killers - Human. So annoying and crappy, simply one of the worst songs from WV60 edition.
Should have stayed in semis tbh :?

My ranking :

Good songs :
1. Youth Lagoon - Montana
2. John Williams - Schindler's List : I love instrumental songs, the wow factor was a bit missing in this song.

Nice songs :
3. Beach House - Myth
4. Blackmore's Night - Cartouche
5. Ecco - Beneath the Open Sky
6. Bon Iver - Holocene

Bad songs;
7. M83 - Splendor : When I finished to listen to the songs in SF3, I completely forgot this one, it's so uninspiring and so bland for me.
I didn't like "Wait" but at least it was more tolerable than "Splendor". So I suppose M83 isn't my thing

8- The Killers - Human

With 2 good songs, 4 nice, and 2 bad ones. I give you 5,5
So I think you did a nice job with Murica :D

I don't know all their songs to answer to this.

no-answer.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Bad songs;
7. M83 - Splendor : When I finished to listen to the songs in SF3, I completely forgot this one, it's so uninspiring and so bland for me.
I didn't like "Wait" but at least it was more tolerable than "Splendor". So I suppose M83 isn't my thing

xshock1 This opinion took me by surprise a bit. For me "Splendor" is probably Flo's most special and unique song to date. When I think of a song being uninspired I imagine something pedestrian and of the norm, perhaps a copy. This song is swimming in it's own haunting melancholic beauty. I find it almost celestial. I was really sad it missed the final.

MARCOMEN

xshock1 This opinion took me by surprise a bit. For me "Splendor" is probably Flo's most special and unique song to date. When I think of a song being uninspired I imagine something pedestrian and of the norm, perhaps a copy. This song is swimming in it's own haunting melancholic beauty. I find it almost celestial. I was really sad it missed the final.

More than 90% of lyrics was "Oh oh Ohh Ohoh oh...", which is embarassing. So yeah it's a unique song...
I didn't listen to all Flo's entries, but "Haerra" was the most special one, also my fave one. This song touched me and moved me to tears. (un)surpisingly you ranked it in bottom 5. :? :mrgreen:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

More than 90% of lyrics was "Oh oh Ohh Ohoh oh...", which is embarassing. So yeah it's a unique song...
I didn't listen to all Flo's entries, but "Haerra" was the most special one, also my fave one. This song touched me and moved me to tears. (un)surpisingly you ranked it in bottom 5. :? :mrgreen:

For me it was all about the melody and chord progressions of "Splendor". There's something devastating about it. A piece of music doesn't need a tonne of lyrics to touch me and and the choral Ooooo's only added to it's aching beauty. I guess i'm just a sucker for anything melancholic. It's dark and sad, but through the smog beam moments that are beatific. That's my opinion of course. I respect yoursxrose Just was like "woooaah" when I saw it. I wasn't expecting to read such things about the song I guess, as I felt the complete opposite way about it.

"Haerra" may be in my bottom five of what Flo has sent, but actually he has only sent three songs to date (since i've been playing) that I haven't cared for. I can't say it quite had the same pull on me as it had on you, but that's great to hear that you were so moved by it. It's strange how music affects us all in such different ways. Flo's entries have made me shed a tear on three separate occasions now. I hate him:lol:

RomanFromRussia

Now it's my time to give you a feedback WhiteFloes.

The Killers - Human - It was my WLSC entry long time ago. So the song is my cup of tea, which is rarely among songs of yours.

Low Roar - Friends make Garbage The Killers - Human

Schindler's List.

4,32 xqueenbitch

You definetly need to try something different except folk and rock. I'm sure you will find something yours and become the Britney's fanboy

well, I don't even know.

Is there any sense for a vampire to bite zombie. He hasn't any blood at all or his blood has gone off a plenty of time ago. Maybe vampires don't even try to be saint, but they are not tasteless.

ShoeFlo

Thank you for your feedback guys, it's very insightful and I appreciate it a lot!
WV editions are over so quickly and sometimes you don't even know what people think of your songs so now and then I like to know how my songs are received :)

if I had to rank my songs it would look like this:
1. Beach House - Myth
2. M83 - Splendor
3. John Williams - Schindlers List Theme
4. Ecco - Beneath the Open Sky
5. Blackmore's Night - Cartouche
6. The Killers - Human
7. Bon Iver - Holocene
8. Youth Lagoon - Montana

I created this collage to honour my :us: artists xbow I will never forget these 7 months

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Pardon my lateness :(

"Holocene." Actually the more I think about it the less that's even close. Bon Iver and I have a complex relationship, mostly derived from my primal hatred for their song "Skinny Love," but that was an adorable little song. Freaking Justyna getting in the way of sending that through to the final :(

WV 60 had the best top 4 in WV history, and I was a little sad that "Human" couldn't quite make the jump to turn that amazing top 4 into an amazing top 5. Also "Holocene," as seen above.

Tough to answer because while I personally think Blackmore's Night shouldn't've gone top 3, the only result of yours that I'd change in the wrong direction if I were god, it was a brilliant strategic decision that, on your behalf, I was happy to see rewarded.

I think 8. Possibly a bit harsh in isolation, but I miss you on Iceland :(

ALL OF IT. AND SOON, PLEASE.

Why isn't "they'd both become both" an option? IOTAP

EDIT: God, the emoticons in this post are three sad faces and an angry foot-tapping. Here's some positivity to balance it out:
xcheer xlove xheat :)

daniels1000

Finally it's my turn. xheat #betterlatethannever

Uh, this is such a hard choice. You did such a great job with Murica. After some thinking, I think that I'll go with "M83 - Splendor", but maybe it has a bit to do with the fact that it's still kinda "fresh". xthink

Full ranking (which could easily change another day):
1. M83 - Splendor
2. Ecco - Beneath the Open Sky
3. Youth Lagoon - Montana
4. Beach House - Myth
5. John Williams - Schindlers List Theme
6. Blackmore's Night - Cartouche
7. Bon Iver - Holocene
8. The Killers - Human

I love all the songs from #1 to #6 almost equally so this question is really hard to answer and be 100% sure, "Holocene" just a bit less (still great) and I find "Human" just enjoyable/nice so there is an enormous gap between #7 and #8.
Even though I might seem like the biggest MuricaShoes' fanboy (and I probably am :lol:), my favorite of yours remain the same: Hoppípolla. xlove xlove xlove

Interesting fact: Out of the 7 times I voted in your semi (I didn't vote in REJU in WV58 :(), you got a 12 6/7 times. xbow

M83 - Splendor. xsnooty

Considering that the only song I placed lower than the place it actually got is "Human", I suppose I shall go with that one? But I wouldn't really call a song I placed 10th and got 6th place very overrated. :D

Let's see. Did you send metal? No. That's a 0 (zero), sorry.

Let's get serious, after the calculations I've made, the number I've got is irrational and it can only be written as (e + 2*π) (which is very, very close to 9).*

*I think I'm rather changing this to 10/10 because: a) I know that I'm usually harsher when giving grades than others and I don't think that anyone came close to the number of points I've given to you; b) Just like Kai, I kinda want to be your slave.

Sigurrós me. xheart xheat

Here's the answer:

Staewi

Cheap slut pop? IOTAP Bitch please, music of highest quality will await you in the coming editions! :lol:

Actually have no plan what I will send in 66 yet, but most probably it will be a more or less current song by a female artist. Not Britney (as long as Make Me doesn't get released. :lol:).

Staewi

Worldvision 66
Meghan Trainor - No

Semifinal: 12th with 56 points
Rest Jury: 2nd with 67 points
Final: 27th with 76 points

27th out of 28 is not a good result, and obviously everyone hopes for better. But on the other hand, reaching the final is a great success for me after my (result-wise) horrible Icelandic days, so I am definetly not sad. :lol: Even though I regret 'wasting' the opportunity to send the great mashup of "No" and the Britney Spears song "Overprotected" which I discovered after the editions' begin. :(

The United States will of course also join the next WV, but I've not clearly decided what to send. It's however probable we see a returning artist, either from WV33 or WV62. ;)

Top Bottom