Contact us

United States ☂️ WV190 ☔ Nicole Miglis - All I See Is You

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 62 MURICAVISION: MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS Post #906

Oops, well so far I didn't add the four voters from last evening xcrazy I will fix it in a minute

ShoeFlo

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 62 MURICAVISION: MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS Post #906

I remind some people who intended to vote here but didn't do it yet:

[MENTION=10742]daniels1000[/MENTION] [MENTION=4597]Stargazer[/MENTION] [MENTION=6519]Tinchey[/MENTION] [MENTION=14424]Genesis[/MENTION] [MENTION=4724]EurovisionSmile[/MENTION]

and people who might be interested as well:

[MENTION=10639]as78[/MENTION] [MENTION=12033]Nicholas123[/MENTION] [MENTION=15002]Gaoithe[/MENTION] [MENTION=14612]Aditya[/MENTION]

Don't worry you still got 36 hours xcheer

ShoeFlo

What time is the deadline exactly? :) I plan on voting a bit later, but don't want to miss it.

The deadline is tomorrow, 12 CET.
I'd like to set it as late as possible but I can't be online in the afternoon tomorrow.
Actually I could postpone it to 14 CET, but this would be the latest possible time for me :)

btw, thanks a lot for your voting dear Luis xcheer

Nicholas123

::atti voted! xcheer

I really enjoyed this NF, however i feel sad that i had to underrate some of the entries. :/

Nevertheless, good luck! ;)

ShoeFlo

The voting is closed and we have a winner!
At the end the winner got a comfortable lead of 12 points ahead of the second placed song, even though the second place got 5 :10:'s while the winner only got 4 :10:'s. The winner song however got consistently good or decent ratings and wasn't despised by anybody while the second place was rather a polarizing song

I say thank you to these 13 lovely voters:

:mk: :lond: ::midw ::losn :ie: :nwen: :mx: HipFlo (what is his region again? he changes it more often than his underwear) :de: :nrwe: ::atti :sc: :svea:

You guys are amazing! xcheer

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Oh good to know my plans to change my votes (which I forgot to do) wouldn't have made a difference to the winner anyway. I'm curious to find out what has won. I think I have a good idea what it is.

I think the winner is my 8 pointer and that my 5 pointer (that I wanted to change to 8) is 2nd:rolleyes:

ShoeFlo

WV 62
United States of Murica
John Williams - Schindler's List Theme

article-2287890-186E920B000005DC-846_634x562.jpg

No lyrics this time

-----------------------
No surprise in Muricavision 62: The most famous song of the selection and big favorite "Schindlers List theme" by the one and only genius John Williams won it. Songwise it's a fantastic winner (even though there are 3, 4 other songs in my NF that I love as much as this one, the other songs I considered a little weaker) it's a lil bit annoying that John Williams is a artist that was sent not long ago by another user. I'd prefer to send artists to WV that never have been here before but obviously if an artist made an amazing song that I feel connected to I will never be stopped by the fact that he was sent before unless the artist is strongly connected to a specific user in this forum (Cascada - Ashley, Nico - Kai) which John Williams is not.

About this instrumental piece: it might be one of the saddest pieces that was ever produced for a movie. It's overwhelmingly sad in the final scenes of Schindler's List when the business man Schindler get rid of his hard shell and burst into tears, but it's also very sad and archingly beautiful when you just listen to it. It's simply the violins which make this soundtrack. I admire this instrument and I am happy that I sent a song that is based on it.

Who doesn't know Schindler's List yet I highly recommend you to watch it: It shows all the cruelty of the Nazi regime during WW2 and the miserable situation of the Jews in Nazi Germany - without playing down anything. However, it's also a story about the mental change of Schindler from a business man who only consider Jews as cheap workers to a hero with a big heart who takes a lot of risks to save human lifes. No doubt, that the way the movie is jerking tears is typical Hollywood strategy, but honestly, that's what most of us love in Hollywood movies like this.

The movie won 7 Oscars and one of them was for the soundtrack. John Williams got the honour he deserves for creating this piece of music.

---------------------------------------------------

About the NF results... after 3, 4 votings it didn't look like John Williams would win this NF being miles ahead to rival songs. Then however it got lots of 10 and 8 points and it could go clear at the top. If only the Top Pointers counted the winner would have been the wonderful Ice Dance song by Danny Elfman but the votings for it were too inconsistent, especially my friends from England didn't appreciate it enough.

Here are the full results:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/f9hux9

JamieBrown

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 62: John Williams - Schindler's List Theme

A fantabulous decision WVers xheart

Not that Danny Elfman would've been not. Actually my whole Top 5 was lovely, but I'm happy the greatest of all won xbow

Nicholas123

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 62: John Williams - Schindler's List Theme

Nice winner, good luck! :D

Damn, D.Elfman was 2nd :/

You were also right, Anna and i had indeed the same "10" :mrgreen:

Kopachka's votes are kinda similar to mine -at least the top pointers :D

And last, i can't not commend on this : Daflo and i could not agree even on this NF. His "10" was my "0" :lol:

as78

Sorry, I had no time for your NF this time :(
Though winner is still really nice! xcheer Good luck! xheart
My top-pointer most probably would have been 'Ice Dance' because I love it so much. xlove xlove xlove
But seems my vote wouldn't change much anyway. :)

ShoeFlo

Nice winner, good luck! :D

Damn, D.Elfman was 2nd :/

You were also right, Anna and i had indeed the same "10" :mrgreen:

Kopachka's votes are kinda similar to mine -at least the top pointers :D

And last, i can't not commend on this : Daflo and i could not agree even on this NF. His "10" was my "0" :lol:

the person you call "kopachka" is actually Daniel. :lol: Unfortunately kopa didn't vote

DaFlo

Banned

but then again your 10 was my 8 xheart imagine that in WV, similarity over 10 % xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

So where are you hosting WorldVision next edition? I suggest Calvin's garage.

For certain the right piece was picked. Some major butt will be kicked this edition. A devastatingly beautiful piece of music. Those strings give me a pain in my chest. Good luck Floxcrossed Mr Burns has a hot set of votes. He must be the only Twin Peaks super fan there. It makes me emotional:(

Top Bottom