Re: USA | WV 59: Blackmore's Night - Cartouche

Result be like:
1. Cartouche 75
2. The Circle 61
3. Hanging Tree 59
4, Village Lanterne 53
5. Spirit of the Sea 32
6. Darker Shade of Black 32

Grinch was the lucky gurl whose voting coincides with final result. congrats you get another piece of that cake of liberty and freedom:
screen-shot-2012-12-31-at-9-16-19-pm.png

if you wanna see the voting grid pls download this: https://www.sendspace.com/file/kqe1pc
Sorry I didn't feel like making a graphic

yeah thats it. I hope you enjoyed this super passionate post

pls Pot F save me from another WV disaster

Genesis

It should be The Circle... :(
This song is nice too, like it but not as much as one above. Best of luck Flo :)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

What a hot greenroom song introduction post. I feel your passion, Aurela Gace levels of passion. I really enjoy "Cartouche". When I listened to it the first time I imagined myself not enjoying the song, but as soon as that chorus hits it has me. It's wonderfully catchy and jolly. I would have preferred "Hanging Tree" (which I fell in love with) but i'm glad we managed to avoid "Village Lanterne". The ham and cheese levels with that one were just way too high for me to handle from a piece of folk music. I was so convinced it was going to win because I knew a lot of people loved it + it had a music video. I'd have been happy with any of the other five songs, so guess what!? I'm happyxheart

Good luck Mr Shoes. May USA enjoy a rightful place in the final this editionxcrossed

Nicholas123

I failed to qualify in last edition, that's what I was refering to. Disaster was clearly exaggerated ... I've had some mood swings for two weeks so sometimes I tend to exaggerate in what I'm writing :lol:

Oh ok! xrofl2

I thought it had something to do with the comments your entry received during the LL xrofl2

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Excellent! The best one won here! :D Best of luck [MENTION=11993]whiteshoes[/MENTION]! xlove

ShoeFlo

Mr. Blackmore and Mrs. Night are saying thank you to all those users who supported the USA and pushed them back to the final for the first time since WV 56, after Christina Milian and Bon Iver failed in the last two editions.
The qualification of Blackmore's Night for the final is arguably expectable but if there are just two free spots during the result show and you still wait for the USA symbol to appear you start doubting and getting a little nervous.
However, now I'm looking forward to the final. I know that there is a group of people who really love this song and then there is also a group who dont care for this song at all so I guess the final results show may become a roller-coaster ride with up's and down's. I just hope the "positive" votings will outshine the "negative" ones and I can't finish on a good place on the left page of scoreboard xheat

Fun Fact: I realized that 'Cartouche' is my 6th consecutive entry whose title consists of only one word (Sjonarspil, Haerra, Fyrsta, Himinhvel, Holocene, Cartouche) If there wasn't Low Roar's "Friends Make Garbage" in WV 53 there would be a streak of 9 consecutive one-word-titles (Hoppipolla in 52, Tenderloin in 51, Leya in 50).
I already know my two next entries and I can tell you that they are one-word-entries as well xcrazy

These statistics doesn't have any meaning and there is no deduction you can make but I thought it's a nice coincidence and I like to share these pointless discoveries with you xheat xlove

JamieBrown

:D That says a lot ;) For example that you seem to be taciturn :lol:

A quick research and I found out that you sent 12 monosyllabic entries already. Let's compare to this to my 11 :lol:

My average is 2.3 syllables per entry, how about yours? ;)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Fun fact: I don't have a single entry with a one word titlexheat

Congratulations Flo. A very well deserved spot in the final for your wonderful Blackmore's Night song. Even when it was down to just two places left, I didn't for one moment think it was possible that you'd miss out.

ShoeFlo

xwave

Since I'm longing for attention Since the next edition coming closer and closer it's time to give you some hints for my next two artists/entries. Everybody wonders what are the superior United States sending so I will give you some food for thought

Hint for my WV 60 artist

Hint for my WV 61 artist

Hint for the songs:
As mentioned before both are One-word-titles. And these are pretty short words. :p

ShoeFlo

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 60: The Killers - Human

United States of Murica
The Killers - Human

tumblr_m6maesMzWS1qd7ouho1_1280.jpg

Lyrics

I did my best to notice
When the call came down the line
Up to the platform of surrender
I was brought, but I was kind

And sometimes I get nervous
When I see an open door
Close your eyes, clear your heart
Cut the cord

Are we human or are we dancer?
My sign is vital, my hands are cold
And I'm on my knees looking for the answer

Pay my respects to grace and virtue
Send my condolences to good
Give my regards to soul and romance
They always did the best they could

And so long to devotion
You taught me everything I know
Wave goodbye, wish me well
You've gotta let me go

Will your system be alright
When you dream of home tonight?
There is no message we're receiving
Let me know, is your heart still beating?

You've gotta let me know

-----------------------

"Are we human or are we dancer" This title line would make every student fail in an english exam but it worked fantastic for The Killers who made it in the Top 10 of many countries with this song in autumn 2008. It has been my absolutely favorite song in that time and in general it was one of my favorites in my youth so nostalgia played a role when chosing the song. I remember that I felt this song is a special song among all these cliché pop or R'n'B songs that you could hear in the charts. (If I knew that there were other songs than those which are played in radio, I would have realized that it's just one of many nice songs :lol: ) The synth beat sounds so yearning and refreshing in some way that the song caught me immediately.

About the lyrics.. yes they are pretty crappy and wanna-be deep and wanna-be meaningful :D I think it was once chosen as the weirdest lyrics of all time from some magazine... however it doesn't bother me actually. I think everybody can interpret lyrics in his own way and fill it with meaning taken from his own personal feelings and experiences

Compared to most of the songs I sent in the last few months "Human" is one that doesn't mean THAT much to me. I'd love to see doing it well cause it reflects my personal taste as much as every song before did BUT if I failed with this one I could deal with it. That made it the perfect choice for this WV. I predicted that WV 60 would be a hell of an edition and the first Semi proved me right. I don't like wasting a song I really love in a very strong edition (although one can never know before if there is a strong edition coming) so I chose a song 1) that I enjoy 2) that I don't enjoy too much 3) that might have chances to do well.

I continue my tradition of sending one-word-title-songs and carry it to the extremes by sending a title consisting of 5 letters. You think I can't beat it? Then wait for my 4-letters-entry in WV 61 :lol:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

You think I can't beat it? Then wait for my 4-letters-entry in WV 61 :lol:

Add an artsy punctuation mark xheat

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

xshifty
r68g0.jpg

ShoeFlo

tumblr_inline_nm9bpqADzQ1rn9xit.gif

As you can see on Brandon Flower's reaction The United States are happy about the positive results of tonight. There shouldn't be any WV final without this mighty country since our music scene is the biggest and most important worldwide

I know that understatement, false modesty and "pretending to be surprised" is courteous here (that isn't meant offensive even though it looks like) but I don't really like it much... so I say what everybody knew: It was very likely that I would qualify and failing today would have been shocking. Nevertheless, the Semi had a high quality and the 3 Semi Finals mode is always tricky and unpredictable so I didn't take it for granted. Qualifying for final is quite a challenge these days and it depends more on luck than it did in early times so I'm relieved and grateful xup

Thanks to all the people who helped The Killers to get their final ticket. Now we hope to play a good role in the final! There are breathtaking songs in all three Semis so one thing is sure: We will have a killer Final.. you understand.... killer final
hello.gif
. We hope that we can live up to our name and kill our rivals.
Hopefully the WV experience can give us the answer if we are actually human or dancer. The question doesn't let us sleep on night

ShoeFlo

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 60: The Killers - Human | WV 61: Who asked for some Dream Pop?

:us: WV 60: The Killers - Human 6th place, 168 pts :us:

Big Thanks to these people:

:12: :es: :nl: :ro: :mn: :pl:
:10: :ar: ::gh
:8: :sobr: :au: ::brit
:7: :mx: :mt:
:6: :at:
:5: :ru:
:4: :fi: :gr: :cz:
:3: ::emro :dk: :no: :it:
:2: :de: :is: :bg: :svea: :lv: :uk:
:1: :br: :neus: :sc:

This was... a very special edition. First of all because I got a full set of points :1: - :12: (I rarely get this) and I also got 5 :12: 's which is a fantastic honour. The amazing thing is the fact that I got points from really different kind of people. Before the edition started I asked myself what group of people will actually like Human and what people will hate it? And today I'm not smarter in that regard cause I got points especially from Pot A & E but also from my buddies in pot F. A very fascinating mixture that I like a lot.

To be honest, the feeling when you get points from people who use to dislike your songs is priceless, I was very touched and emotional when I saw the 12 points from Trece and Cinderella, it won't probably happen again but it feels fantastic. It proves me that I found a song that is loved by me and at the same time by people whose taste is totally different. So I think that's an affirmation for that I made a good choice cause I bet that these kind of songs which can build bridges between two oppositions are very rare.

In general I am very happy about the 6th place (the two scoreboards in which I was in the lead will have a place in my album of great WV memories which doesn't exist so far... not yet. I will make this album). Finishing in Top 10 was my goal and I made it. The only "downer" is that Ben managed to pass me in the last scoreboard cause we have this thing called "#teamgermany" and we always check who is the best German guy of each edition so it is nice to win it just for reasons of prestige... However, I won it seven times between WV 50 and 59 so I dont complain :lol: Moreover Ben totally deserves this place

--------------------------------------------
WV 60 is over. What comes after this? Is this success just a momentary bliss or can I repeat it? Who knows :lol:
As you can see in the title my next song is a Dream-pop song. That's enough informations. I already gave some hints before WV 60 I think... Morever I played 2-3 songs of the band in dubtrack sometimes when there were 3 - 4 other people. Not sure if they remember^^ I'm curios how it will be received since Dream-pop is not a common genre in Worldvision. xheat

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 60: The Killers - Human | WV 61: Who asked for some Dream Pop?

The answer to the question you have posed in your subject title is "I did" xheat

ShoeFlo

Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 61: Who asked for some Dream Pop?

It's a pleasure to announce that I plan to conduct an Instrumental NF for WV 62 similar to the one I made back in edition 58 xcheer

Of cause the artists would be American and not Icelandic this time

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: United States of Murica (USM) | WV 61: Who asked for some Dream Pop?

Excellent *rubs fingers*. I hope your next instrumental NF is as wondrous as your very first one.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom