United States ☂️ WV190 ☔ Nicole Miglis - All I See Is You

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

Re: United States | WV 57 - ?

Wow the qualification rates apart of Jamie's are rubbish (for a country like USA). :eek: :lol:
USA must be cursed
Looking at my plans of the next 7 editions I see 3 safe qualifications, one likely qualification and 3 shots in the dark xthink So I'm not sure if I will do much better than you guys ;)
[MENTION=10742]daniels1000[/MENTION] [MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION] [MENTION=11756]WorldVision[/MENTION] [MENTION=13598]Veronika[/MENTION] [MENTION=6221]Mozz[/MENTION]
could one of you make me thread owner?
hello.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

To be honest, I think USA is a bit of poisoned chalice. I'd take it in a flash if I had a chance to because it would be great to have the freedom to send who I want each edition. At the moment I have to plan things in advance. Sometimes i'm like "aww man, I can't send this artist i'm really into for at least another six months". Then there is also the regret of leaving a region and artists you wanted to send behind. Wish I could send who I want, when I want. If I had USA though I would be really nervous. It would feel like all eyes are on you. You have the biggest country in the world for music and whatever you send you won't be able to satisfy everyone. There will be a lot of expectations. However I think you're a good man for the job Flo. As good as any. You'll do well. MURICA!!

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

[MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] Make me thread owner pls
hello.gif

I can't do that myself, but I'll try and get it changed for you.

ShoeFlo

Re: Bandaríkin (USA) | WV 58 - Bon Iver - Holocene

Ísland United States of America
Ásgeir Bon Iver - Holocene

rectangle.jpg

Lyrics

"Someway, baby, it's part of me, apart from me."
You're laying waste to Halloween
You fucked it friend,
It's on it's head,
It struck the street
You're in Milwaukee, off your feet

... and at once I knew I was not magnificent
Strayed above the highway aisle
(Jagged vacance, thick with ice)
I could see for miles, miles, miles

3rd and Lake it burnt away, the hallway
Was where we learned to celebrate
Automatic bought the years you'd talk for me
That night you played me 'Lip Parade'
Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree
Saying nothing, that's enough for me

Hulled far from the highway aisle
(Jagged, vacance, thick with ice)

Christmas night,
It clutched the light,
The hallow bright
Above my brother,
I and tangled spines
We smoked the screen to make
It what it was to be
Now to know it in my memory:

High above the highway aisle
(Jagged vacance, thick with ice)

---------------------------
So, this is my debut entry for USA but it doesn't feel any different :mrgreen:
Some of you must be disappointed... people were curios "what is shoes gonna send in the new country?" and then I'm coming up with an American Ásgeir and a video produced in Iceland :lol:
Anyway, for me Bon Iver is one of my legends of indie folk and I was shocked when I noticed that he wasn't sent before. I had to change it so now I share this song with you. As you can see on the photo he won and ate the Grammy 2012 as the Best New Artist so this is pretty much a honour. xheat By the way, I recently read that Holocene was also nominated for the Grammy Awards in 2012 so this guy definitely know how to touch the crowd
I know, I didn't change my style a lot (pretty much like Staewi :D ) and I'm stuck in my relaxing indie songs. This won't stay like this. I have a nice journey ahead of me. A journey thrugh folk, pop-rock, instrumental, and diverse different kinds of rock.
For different reasons I think this song doesn't stand good chances to reach the final, actually I see a danger that it get humiliated. Maybe the REJU support will bring me into the final so I cross my fingers for myself :mrgreen:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Bandaríkin (USA) | WV 58 - Bon Iver - Holocene

I don't think there's anything wrong with a careful start to your USA journey. It's classic Flo stuff and your style is very much appreciated here. Furthermore you're pretty much the only person providing this kind of special vibe.

I'm sure i'm familiar with the song. I've got a feeling you've tested it out on me before. Those mellow flickers of sax are beautiful. The song is like a warm quilt of different sounds. I hope you do well with it.

ZxiZjp0.gif

ShoeFlo

Re: Bandaríkin (USA) | WV 58 - Bon Iver - Holocene | WV 59 NF coming very soon!

aBEBl7C.png

Welcome to the first Muricavision Song Contest xcheer

The MSC is the National Final for the prestigious WV so the winner song will represent the precious United States in WV 59. This MSC edition is a special edition, it is called Blackmore’s Night edition.
The Folk duet consisting of the folk singer Candice Night and the former Deep Purple guitarist Ritchie Blackmore will perform 6 different songs from 6 different albums (from 1997 to 2015) and all of them are charming in their own way.

YejfGQX.jpg

OPENING ACT
Before we start, let’s listen to these confused cute girls which will teach us about the greatness of our next president who will make the USA even better and more powerful! Who doesn’t sing is a terrorist. We are watching you.

-------------------------------------------------

1. Spirit of the sea (1997)
This is from the debut album „Shadow of the Moon“.
It’s less folky than most of their songs, it’s rather a wonderful ballad. Enjoy!

2. Hanging Tree (2001)
This song is from their album “Fires at midnight“ which was particularly successful in Germany.
It has nothing to do with that Hunger Games song. This tune is fairly amazing

3. Cartouche (2003)
From the album „Ghost of a Rose“.
The most passionate and thrilling song in this selection including orientalic vibes.
I think „cartouche“ was a symbol in ancient Egypt.

4. Village Lanterne (2006)
From the album „The Village Lanterne“.
Very calm and loveable song. The video is fantastic as well.

5. The Circle (2008)
From the album „Secret Voyage“. This is so atmospheric, I wanna dance around a bonfire

6. Darker Shade of Black (2015)
This is the newest song, from their 2015 album „All our Yesterdays“.
It stands out cause it is an instrumental song that becomes very rocking at the end.

The Voting
I return to the pattern I used in my first NF in Iceland for WV 46:
:8: :6: :4: :3: :2: :1:
1izNRyZ.jpg

[MENTION=10639]as78[/MENTION] [MENTION=4597]Stargazer[/MENTION] [MENTION=10742]daniels1000[/MENTION] [MENTION=12837]JamieBrown[/MENTION] [MENTION=4724]EurovisionSmile[/MENTION] [MENTION=12033]Nicholas123[/MENTION] [MENTION=4911]kopachka[/MENTION] [MENTION=7797]AdelAdel[/MENTION] [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15002]Gaoithe[/MENTION] [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION]
I just mentioned most of my Potmates cause they will probably like this NF, Rainy because he is a good friend, lavie because his votings are always very helpful (and also a friend) and Ringdalen cause his taste is very broad so I don’t doubt he will like at least one song. And he is also a good friend.
There are some other friends who I don’t mention cause I think they might dislike my choice.
But I like nearly everybody in the forum so everybody else is welcome to vote as well if he/she/it is interested xheat I promise you get a wonderful gift from the USA xheart

Voted: :no: ::atti ::pugl :fi: :lond: :paci: :pl: :tt: :lv: :svea: ::ista :dk: :de:

Nicholas123

Re: USA | WV 59 - NATIONAL FINAL: Blackmore's Night

:eek:

What an honor to be invited to vote in such an amazing NF!

Will send you my votes tonight or tomorrow! ;)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

OH WOW! I was introduced to them at Christmas 2014 by a friend of mine and only listened to their Christmas music, but I loved that, so really looking forwards to listening to some of their other stuff! :D

Genesis

Blackmore.... haha, I knew you would try to send them! :D
Gonna listen to the songs and vote sometime soon :)

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member

woah, i was scandalously not invited here xsnooty

Ringdalen

xrunhug

I will definitely vote here xlove

Grinch

How am I not invited to this epicness? IOTAP

Although my favourite Blackmore's Night song is not here, I'll vote ofc.

ShoeFlo

How am I not invited to this epicness? IOTAP

Although my favourite Blackmore's Night song is not here, I'll vote ofc.

Oh xfaint
I didn't know you also like them :D
Yes, Loreley is lovely, it is my second favorite of their Ghost of a Rose album but I slightly prefer Cartouche :)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

The Duke of :lond: has voted in this spectular National Final. Three songs really stood out for me! Best of luck with them [MENTION=11993]whiteshoes[/MENTION].

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

A very dear friend of mine loves Blackmore's Night and has shared with me their songs in the past. I even have a couple in my itunes. It's an honour to be invited to vote in your NF. I will listen to the songs very soon (probably tomorrow as i'm going to bed soon). Hopefully one of these can get you back in the final. I'm still shocked you didn't make it this edition, but I can tell you're looking forward now rather than backwards. Come on Muricaxyes

Krishoes

No invitation here? Why? Blackmore's night are among my faves!

f11df0a49788cfbab44f22d03d236ef8.gif

Top Bottom