8 5.4%

1 0.7%

2 1.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Mika

Raiven's about to finish her 1st rehearsal.

rehearsals-day-2-live-blog-v0-3j1kzv6ot6xc1.jpeg

Source: https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https://preview.redd.it/rehearsals-day-2-live-blog-v0-3j1kzv6ot6xc1.jpeg?width=1079&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=945fd0acd47bb4c77050525568de1577de046fbf

11:10 CEST: Rehearsal 2: 🇸🇮 Slovenia – Raiven – Veronika

In the Semi-Final running order it will be Germany next, but today we’re skipping straight to Slovenia’s Raiven. She’s a seasoned performer in Slovenia - songwriter, harpist, theatre performer and mezzo-soprano.

Veronika is inspired by the story of Veronika Deseniška, a Slovenian noblewoman who fell in love with a member of the royal family and was accused and acquitted of witchcraft. One of the credited writers on this track is none other than Bojan Cvjetićanin, leader singer of last year’s Slovenian entry, Joker Out.

For staging, it’s Raiven in a dark silver bodysuit – she starts out on the floor, and her movements spark off pulsing graphics on the LED floor. She’s joined by five contemporary dancers in nude bodysuits, who perform a complex routine of intertwining bodies – the whole performance has a very similar feel to the official video – ethereal, but also VERY dramatic. And those high notes at the end take the roof off.

First pyro of the day! It's low fog and wind for Slovenia, which just adds to the drama.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/eurovision...=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Sounds very intriguing and promising. :D

Last edited:

John1

Yet people are still going to diss Slovenia's chances to sail through the final? That doesn't sit right with me, not with this staging.

goncalovieira

She is gorgeous and one of the best singers from the year.
however, it is giving NQ vibes. Not by her fault but other stupid songs that are going through (yes, Finland).

Mainshow

Veteran
It's giving me NQ vibes as well - That song is quite "sophisticated" and I can totally see people voting for the hard-hitting up-tempo tracks without soul as well.

Anyway, I'll probably be voting 20 times for :sl: on Tuesday. I need to see her back on Saturday.
It's probably my shared #1 with :lt: at the moment.

goncalovieira

It's giving me NQ vibes as well - That song is quite "sophisticated" and I can totally see people voting for the hard-hitting up-tempo tracks without soul as well.

Anyway, I'll probably be voting 20 times for :sl: on Tuesday. I need to see her back on Saturday.
It's probably my shared #1 with :lt: at the moment.
It gives me so many flashbacks from Finland 2017. Which is great because the song is great, but the result was unfair as sh*t.

Mika

^^ Finland's act is just ... ugh.

Anyway, Raiven's coat is just for backstage then, for the performance it looks like it's just her bodysuit.

Why do you all think it's a NQ? Because of no props?

The only thing that's been worrying me is the fact that she doesn't sing half of the chorus. While you're vibing with the song, singing, there's suddenly an unexpected pause where there should be her singing. I wonder why's she chosen to perform it this way, because she's absolutely more than capable of singing everything. :unsure:

SpiritofKeiino

There was lots of excitement in fandom when the artist was announced early in the season, then a pretty lukewarm reaction when the song came out and really not a lot of buzz since.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm sorry, I usually never defend our entries, but Raiven totally deserves to at least make the final.

Her fashion, face card, vocals, choreography, the song is top 15 worthy. Even though the staging isn't over the top, it's still decent and better than what've seen today so far.

I'd be disappointed if Finland makes it and we don't.

Top Bottom