1 0.7%

2 1.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

EscGeek

Veteran
With some bright exceptions, Slovenia has an abysmal history in receiving televoting points, so the worry is justified. We've sent some crap in the past, so i'm not saying that we should be getting tons of points every year. What i am saying is that if it weren't for freebie points from the yugoslav region, we could potentially be the country who ended up with zero points the most times in the history of eurovision (4 times in the semi final, 3 times in the final). Add to that at least 4 more last places with 4 points or less in total.

That's just unfair xcry

Mika

Well, attitude's contagious. If we demonstrate positivity and confidence, others may follow suit. But the problem is, we rarely even support our own act.

Jupiter

Honestly I'm still surprised this is seen as a NQ by so many.... guess all my 20 votes will go to Raiven after all (sorry Bambie & Iolanda!). Would people be more optimistic with juries in the semis? It'll need great camera angles for sure to really work on camera, but I think it can get the "drama/theatre-kid vote", more than any other entry. I'll be so shocked if this loses to Iceland, Moldova, Azerbaijan or Cyprus, and it shouldn't lose to entries like Finland, Poland or Luxembourg either (not that all these enteies are bad, but "Veronika" is clearly better IMO).

Mainshow

Veteran
Honestly I'm still surprised this is seen as a NQ by so many.... guess all my 20 votes will go to Raiven after all (sorry Bambie & Iolanda!). Would people be more optimistic with juries in the semis? It'll need great camera angles for sure to really work on camera, but I think it can get the "drama/theatre-kid vote", more than any other entry. I'll be so shocked if this loses to Iceland, Moldova, Azerbaijan or Cyprus, and it shouldn't lose to entries like Finland, Poland or Luxembourg either (not that all these enteies are bad, but "Veronika" is clearly better IMO).

No, juries usually fail quality entries more often, e.g. :fi: 2017 would have qualified if we had the televoting-only rule back then @goncalovieira
Televoting also seems to appreciate the artsy-fartsy, progressive entries more (:pt: 2019 was #12 in the televoting, last with the juries).

"theatre-like" songs don't perform that well in recent years - :az: 2017 was incredibly staged as well... I know that the songs are not similar but they give me the same "vibe"

But I'm glad to read that you will be voting for :sl: 20 times as well! So Raiven will be getting 40 from us at least xheart

Yoozek

Imho Slovenia has nothing to worry about. That b*tch waited... 10 years? To get to that stage. She's treating the floor led as water reflection, she's acting like some wight from the witcher. Choreo is mastered to perfection and you can judge that by these 15s of shittok clip.

People will get crazy for this, you can mark my words. She's gonna make some people speechless, just like she made both me and my bf 2 weeks ago in Amsterdam. Before that time we didn't consider her a qualifier material, maybe borderline. Now? Top10, unless jury ditch her last (before Germany ofc).

Mika

I've said that myself before as well - she's quite impressive when you see her live performances. 💪
Here's her official acoustic version of Veronika. 😎

Last edited:

MopManMoss

Veteran
For nearly four months the ending part of this song has reminded me of something but until know I've been unable to place it, it appears to be music from MGSV lol

AliceEsc

It looks very powerful. This one would benefit the most if they had live backing vocals, especially at this part of the snippet.
I hope it will qualify.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I'm getting flashbacks to :cy: 2022 in that the pictures looked incredible but in motion it was just ok visually, obviously raivens vocals are without fault but i can't help but feel it may be off putting to the masses like eaea was last year

BorisBubbles

Veteran
really? I think it sounds great but it looks TERRIBLE. (in that sense, it's the opposite of Poland).

Let's just hope whatever precedes it is good, so that Slovenia make the final over Cyprus.

Mainshow

Veteran
I'm disappointed.
Now really believe it will be a non-qualifier.
It looks tacky and less dynamic as I was hoping for... also, even though she sounds absolutely fantastic her chants are kinda anticlimactic due to the lack of backing singers and props. The backing track isn't loud enough to match her chants either.

It's difficult to describe it but I think that this part was utterly off-putting. I just hope that they won't show this as part of the recap on Tuesday as well.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Prayer circle for Raiven. This is all wrong and I'm terrified. Considering how good the music video is, I thought this would have been a fairly easy job. It just looks and feels so.. plain and wrong? It totally kills the dark, imposing atmosphere of the song. What we've seen looks unfinished and totally misguided. All we can do is pray the first couple of minutes set such an incredible mood that we don't care by the time Raiven reaches the finale, we're already sold. This entry was unfortunately standing on a very thin line to begin with. It's now become so much harder.

For nearly four months the ending part of this song has reminded me of something but until know I've been unable to place it, it appears to be music from MGSV lol

You're a boss for this comparison. I worship the ground Donna Burke walks on and that's my all time favourite Metal Gear Solid song (tied I guess with her other gargantuan epic, Heaven's Divide).

Lumina

This gets 5 points from me.
It‘s a bit flat and while I love her singing the high notes in the end of her rehearsal I think, at the same time, it’s a bit shouty. But I like the overall look and feel.

Top Bottom