Contact us

Sakuralia ❀ NSC 232: Victor le Masne - Parade ❀ Congrats 23: Charlotte Cardin - Confetti

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 156: Kongos - Take It From Me

NSC 156

Now for something a little different...

I experimented with indie-rock a little while back when I sent Matt Mays, so this is somewhat similar. Here's a neat little discovery from South Africa!

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 157: Aimer - One

NSC 157

So happy that Sakuralia finally got its first qualification of 2018 with Kongos in the previous edition, now let's see if our luck can hold up with an inspiring Japanese pop-rock anthem!

theditz83

Veteran
Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 157: Aimer - One

This is so cute, a proper hooky little earworm! Best of luck ::sak - sure another qualification won't be too far away ;)

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 158: Underworld - Caliban's Dream

NSC 158

I've always been fascinated by the Olympics, and in the summer of 2012 London put on a fantastic party. Here's what I think is one of the most poignant parts of the opening ceremony

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 159: Howard Shore - The Fellowship

NSC 159

I dedicate this entry to the valiant members of Team Sky, who mounted an incredible comeback in the third week to win the 2018 Giro d'Italia! A true brotherhood and fellowship right to the very end!

Eulaliya

LOTR xbow xbow I remember giving it 12 in WV, good luck! xcheer

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member

Woah, getting the big instrumental guns out :cool: Good luck, Steph!

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 160: Madame Monsieur - Comme une reine

NSC 160

As Sakuralia ends its third decade and prepares to enter its fourth, we hope this song gives you motivation, positivity and empowerment!

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 160: Our 4th Decade Starts! ❀ Zibbz - Undun (plus Congrats 16 Entry)

NSC 161

Welcome to Sakuralia's 4th decade! We've had our fair share of disappointments and successes over time, but it's not going to stop us from trying to be the best nation we can be. Please enjoy our 40th entry!

Congratulations 16

And we have chosen our 30th-anniversary song for our Congrats entry!

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 160: Our 4th Decade Starts! ❀ Zibbz - Undun (plus Congrats 16 Entry)

I don't know how to say this, but I'm seriously contemplating leaving NSC. After nearly 5 years as part of this game, I just don't know if I have the heart or the will to continue on given my poor track record since joining the main roster (14 finals in 40 attempts) plus I don't think that some of the entries I've sent over time that mean so much to me don't mesh well with the community at large. It gets very disheartening at some points when they more often than not end up in the bottom 5 of the semifinal.

I don't know what do do at this point, and I need some guidance. My confidence right now is at a very big low

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

I think you've had great results already, a 2nd place, for example, and you have been qualifying more regularly. IMO, you take the results too seriously. Isn't sharing songs, enjoying the community and seeing the results rather as a challenge than the target more important? We all want excellent results, most of us get them once in a while. You are not alone there. After spending so much time in a WL, I wouldn't consider leaving as an option. I also get fun with the songs that others share and that I love or learn to love. I repeat, most of the nations experience poor results. It's up to you leaving or not, no one can make that decision for you. Especially when you feel so down and with such a lack of motivation. But I think you should believe that you will reach better results in the future and that this experience is worth the effort. There is always a next time. I hope you stay, Are other online contests that different results-wise? Not for me :lol: Well, just don't take it too seriously or personally. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Edit: I only gave my personal opinion because from what one can see, you are not sure at all that you want to quit.

theditz83

Veteran

Aww no!! Please don't lose faith - I have lost count of the number of times that I have submitted a song that I adore only for it to fail to qualify for the final, and you immediately start to question whether your taste truly fits within this contest. But like [MENTION=4724]EurovisionSmile[/MENTION] so skillfully stated, this contest should be about sharing new and varied music that perhaps we wouldn't otherwise have heard or discovered and for that reason I cannot ever be disappointed by this contest since it's a great opportunity to broaden my musical horizons.

I seriously hope that you will stay as I know that I would certainly miss your entries xup

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

I think you may have already outlined your problem in a way. Instead of trying to figure out what will work in NSC or what songs NSCers might actually enjoy and vote for, just send stuff you love without even trying to analyze what the results could be. Try enjoying the contest for what it is; a great way to discover new music and share music you love, and then whatever happens happens.

Of course it can be incredibly disheartening and frustrating when you keep failing to qualify, but just send songs you love and sooner or later you'll get there.

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 162: Ronan Hardiman - Cry of the Celts

NSC 162

After looking at the comments left by some of my amazing friends and co-competitors as well as taking some time to think about things, I have decided to keep fighting in NSC. My main goal when I joined this community was to share the songs I love with others, and I will continue to do so no matter what result I get

This instrumental piece I've chosen as my entry signifies my resolve and the courage to keep fighting. Thank you everyone for believing in me!

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ ?

I'm so sorry guys, I had no idea the entry I sent to NSC 162 had been sent already - I was boosted by the confidence of my friends and fellow competitors and wanted to share something I really loved, and now this happens. This is the first time I've experienced this in NSC (after 2 similar mistakes in WV), and am unsure as to what happens next

I feel ashamed and embarrassed, and again to those who voted for me I apologize for letting you down

theditz83

Veteran

Honestly Steph, there is no need to feel embarrassed about this. These things can happen, and it's just bad luck that it wasn't picked up before the show began. Don't be disheartened and I'm sure that you'll be back with a vengeance next edition!

From a personal viewpoint, I find it hard to really connect fully with instrumental songs in these contests as I crave the hooks of the lyrical content as well as the melodies, but continue sending what you love as that's the best way for you to do your nation proud! xlove

Fearnavigatr

As the one who sounded the alarm, let me assure you there was absolutely no ill will towards you and I totally see it as an honest mistake. This can happen to everyone, and has happened to most, even those who were around back when the entry they try for was originally sent. It was just very unfortunate and bad luck this time that no one noticed it until the very end of the semi.

Keep at it, you're most definitely still welcome here!

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 163: Hidden Citizens - (I Just) Died In Your Arms

NSC 163

We're ready to fight back after several editions of bad luck!

This is one of my favorite 80s songs re-imagined in a new way, and if you've seen recent seasons of America's Got Talent you might recognize it - it was used for contortionist/aerialist Sofie Dossi's final performance in season 11 and Duo Transcend's semifinal performance in season 13

Eulaliya

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 163: Hidden Citizens - (I Just) Died In Your Arms

Alternative link below for those who can't access the first one:

Top Bottom