Contact us

Sakuralia ❀ NSC 232: Victor le Masne - Parade ❀ Congrats 23: Charlotte Cardin - Confetti

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 163: Hidden Citizens - (I Just) Died In Your Arms

Arigato, Eulaliya! xwave

SpZ

The original is better, but not bad.

esc87fan

The original is better, but not bad.

I like both versions to be honest. I grew up with the original (which is actually a British/Canadian collaboration), and discovered the cover via watching America's Got Talent

At any rate, it's good to be returning after the perils of last edition

theditz83

Veteran

Really interesting entry - I'm also a massive fan of the 80s original, so found this very slow to get going but when it finally does start to move melodically it's great. Best of luck xup

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 164

I'm batting .000 in this NSC decade, but I'm determined to turn my luck around. I'm going from a dark version of an 80s pop song to a light and happy song with a flamenco influence for NSC 164 - I can't wait to share it with you

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 164: Nuria Fergó - La vida es sólo dos días

NSC 163

Ready for something different!

It's always fascinating to me to discover songs via interesting sources, I found this one (this is the "happy song with a flamenco vibe" that I hinted about) through my love of road cycling - this was the official song of this year's Vuelta a España

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 165 (I will fight back!)

On behalf of all Sakuralians, I just want to say thank you to the people of Moisantia for their faith in me. Despite batting .000 in the 160s decade I will keep fighting!

Next entry to be revealed soon

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 165: Lindsey Stirling - Roundtable Rival

NSC 165

Here comes our secret weapon!

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 165: Lindsey Stirling - Roundtable Rival

Today I celebrated a milestone: 5 years since I joined the Waiting List! So that date became our official national holiday, which we call Sakuralia Day. And our focus is on getting stronger so we can show all of Natia that anything is possible... especially from an underdog nation because an underdog can have a big bite!

Thank you for all the support over the years through all the successes and all the disappointments I've had, at least I take pride in knowing that there are people out there who do like what I send!

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 166: Enya - Caribbean Blue

NSC 166

I wanted to end 2018 with something special, a song that's very close to me.

My story goes like this: I took ballet lessons for 12 years at a recreational dance school, starting at the age of 7. When a student at the school reaches her 10th year of training, she is given the opportunity to do a special performance in that year's annual recital - she could do a solo, or even a duet or trio with two other students. My 10th year was 1996, when I was 16, and I had chosen to do a solo and selected the song I'm sending to this edition as my music.

However, a week and a half before the recital, I was on my way to my grade 11 final English exam, when I fell off my bike and broke my left collarbone. Needless to say I was devastated that I couldn't perform in the show, but I was in the audience and was recognized on stage for my achievement - a trophy that I still have to this very day. Luckily, I was able to do my solo the following year to make up for it, and the experience was something I'll always remember

I hope you enjoy my choice for this edition and the story behind it (PS: I triple-checked the database and found nobody had ever sent it)

esc87fan

Just when I thought I was about to give up, this special song helps me reach the final for the first time in the 160s decade! As I said in the results thread, I am grateful to everyone who voted for me and believed in me.

No matter what happens in the final itself, this is a victory for me and it has given me a huge boost of confidence. I will keep sending songs that I love

apasionata

Veteran

Just when I thought I was about to give up, this special song helps me reach the final for the first time in the 160s decade! As I said in the results thread, I am grateful to everyone who voted for me and believed in me.

No matter what happens in the final itself, this is a victory for me and it has given me a huge boost of confidence. I will keep sending songs that I love
tenor.gif

So happy for you xheart

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 167: Adele - Hometown Glory

NSC 167

Being a proud Canadian, I looked back on the comments of the video I've chosen for my entry this edition and many of them said "I'm here because of the Canadian ice skaters" or "Pyeongchang brought me here". Indeed, this is a special song because it was the music for the final skate of one of Canada's most brilliant pairs teams - they brought it back for the 2018 Winter Olympics after winning their second consecutive world title with it in 2016.

(I do have a backup entry, just in case)

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 168: Cassiøpeia - Better

NSC 168

After WV 105, I had requests to send this song to NSC. So let's see how it does here!

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 168: Cassiøpeia - Better

NSC 169

Impossible comes true, it's taking over you...

Welcome to The Greatest Show!

theditz83

Veteran
Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 169: The Greatest Show

Easily the best song from the film - and thank you so much for not entering the limp Panic! at the Disco version that missed out the most epic build-up middle-8 "it's everything you'll ever want, it's everything you'll ever need..." xheart

I want you to qualify so badly with this! xlove

Top Bottom