14 7.1%

13 6.6%

6 3.0%

11 5.6%

15 7.6%

• Total voters

i anixi

Re: NORWAY 2016

Just finished listening to them all. Laila is really good, the only adult, professional sound I've listened connected with eurovision this year so far. It felt a bit too familiar at parts though, but can't exactly place where from. The disco thing is kinda fun, but I was bored with it long before it was over. I also found the disney ballad, Traces, potentially interesting, I would like to listen to it again.
The rest didn't register.

Mrm

Veteran

One day I'll be with you, one day I'll be with you.....aaaaagaaaain.... xlove xheart

Gosh this song "occupied" me completely.. xfaint

WhoKnows

Laila is the only sensible choice for Norway. Really, it's the only modern sounding song they have. The only other song that caight my attention was Freddy's.

julien4ESC

On iTunes Freddy Kalas is number 5 while the next one is only number 45. I think he will win ! His song is soooo good !

i anixi

Afterglow is extraordinary. I've been listening to it for two days now, so i know.
Should it be chosen as Norway's representant, it would definately confirm this country as a superior one in Eurovision. The superior one, as it is, quality wise, quite unrivalled. Ever since Fairytail (let's pretend 2011 never happened) their entries have been steadily ranging from interesting to excellent - admitedly, even though I didn't approve of the monsters last year I can see it was no ordinary song.

As to this year, I'm excessively curious to know how this exquisitely emotional piece will be staged and whether it will work out live and get tons of admirers, as it deserves. I see it as a Carl Espen siblling in a Margaret Berger dressing. Kind of ;)
I don't believe this song will win the ESC in the end, no, unless they do something out of this world with it, something i don't think will happen. But I also don't believe anything better than this will come along from any quarter of europe either. I know my dear old corny eurovision :D

It would be one of the entries of the year, no doubt and because of it i'm feeling super excited this early in the competition, which of course bids unbearable depression and disillusionment later on, should it not be picked. Something that unfortunately, happens more often than not. God forbid!

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Norway is far from being the superior country in Eurovision. Actually, it's one of the worst ones, with many bad song that they had during all these decades of participating.

i anixi

Present day, last few years. I mentioned which. i don't know Norway's songs of decades and i don't wish to. !995 was great though.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

THE STREETS OF MOSCOW, WITH MY GIRLFRIEND xmusicxmusicxmusic

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

On iTunes Freddy Kalas is number 5 while the next one is only number 45. I think he will win ! His song is soooo good !

Itunes isn't really indicative of anything.

Franco

Mrm

Veteran

Laila Samuels is good live???

I hope she has some chances in this weak NF...she is the only light of the NF...

aef

I must say that I totally love LAIKA :oops: :eek: It's sooo catchy! xlove

Der Untergang ist jetzt, der Untergang ist hier - without LAIKA!

ZoboCamel

While I think iTunes can provide some useful hints as to popularity, it's important to note that it seems biased towards upbeat songs and established artists, and ignores live performances. Out of all 18 songs in this year's UMK, Paa-Aijat were sitting in a comfortable first place on both iTunes and Spotify, yet they were just eliminated in their first semi yesterday.

PamSwynford

Top Bottom