14 7.1%

13 6.6%

6 3.0%

11 5.6%

15 7.6%

• Total voters

Preuss

Re: NORWAY 2016

Nothing can overtop our entry last year... A Monster Like Me was so beautiful...

Dessi

Nothing can overtop our entry last year... A Monster Like Me was so beautiful...

Laila Samuels "Afterglow" is much better imo. xlove

Kairit

Ohmygod "Laika", please! I love it! It's special. It would certainly spice up Eurovision this year. I've been disappointed by both the Danish and Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix this year and they were/are just filled with painfully uninteresting mediocre songs compared to the usually enjoyable entries they always have, so as there's nothing to otherwise be really excited about, I want Norway to choose this as it's a quirky but intelligent gem in the midst of everything and has a charm to it. Such Soviet disco! Gosh I love retro music. "Laika" would keep the party going and I almost need to see it at Eurovision. Probably won't happen though :(

"Afterglow" is good too, but "Laika" is just too special in the best way to pass up. Please!! :D

martin

If my dear country vote Laika to win it will be Norway worst winner ever xslap

Hopefully we send Laila or Agnethe and finally i get a song i love xlove

Suite is also good, but since Denmark song is close to it. I,m not sure we should send it :?:

Franco

Ohmygod "Laika", please! I love it! It's special. It would certainly spice up Eurovision this year. I've been disappointed by both the Danish and Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix this year and they were/are just filled with painfully uninteresting mediocre songs compared to the usually enjoyable entries they always have, so as there's nothing to otherwise be really excited about, I want Norway to choose this as it's a quirky but intelligent gem in the midst of everything and has a charm to it. Such Soviet disco! Gosh I love retro music. "Laika" would keep the party going and I almost need to see it at Eurovision. Probably won't happen though :(

"Afterglow" is good too, but "Laika" is just too special in the best way to pass up. Please!! :D

xgood

Laika for the win, please Norway! Don't let me down. xpray

Pawhlen

While I think iTunes can provide some useful hints as to popularity, it's important to note that it seems biased towards upbeat songs and established artists, and ignores live performances. Out of all 18 songs in this year's UMK, Paa-Aijat were sitting in a comfortable first place on both iTunes and Spotify, yet they were just eliminated in their first semi yesterday.
Last year, Itunes gave very good hints in our Contest, especially in AC and the televoting top 3 in Friends, I guess it can be because MF is a bit more popular in :se: than MGP is in :no: or UMK is in :fi: (I don´t mean anything bad with that) or that Itunes is a very popular streaming store here in :se: and that´s why the results in our final is very near the Itunes list

But that just pure speculation from me, I can be totally wrong

ZoboCamel

Last year, Itunes gave very good hints in our Contest, especially in AC and the televoting top 3 in Friends, I guess it can be because MF is a bit more popular in :se: than MGP is in :no: or UMK is in :fi: (I don´t mean anything bad with that) or that Itunes is a very popular streaming store here in :se: and that´s why the results in our final is very near the Itunes list

But that just pure speculation from me, I can be totally wrong

Yeah, I'd agree that iTunes/Spotify etc. are probably a better indicator of NF success in Sweden than in most other countries; it's got more pop music and more mainstream viewers.

pavarotti

Anyone know when the running order for the Norwegian final will be announced, and will it be a ballot or decided by producers? If so, hope they are sensible enough to give Laila the pimp slot. For sure, a song with the most potential for Norway this year.

Running order: http://www.nrk.no/mgp/her-er-latrekkefolgen-i-arets-mgp-1.12811714

Melodi 1: The Hungry Hearts feat. Lisa Dillan - «Laika»
Melodi 2: Stage Dolls - «Into The Fire»
Melodi 3: Stine Hole Ulla - «Traces»
Melodi 4: Makeda - «Stand Up»
Melodi 5: Pegasus - «Anyway»
Melodi 6: Freddy Kalas - «Feel Da Rush»
Melodi 7: Laila Samuels - «Afterglow»
Melodi 8: Elouiz - «History»
Melodi 9: Suite 16 – «Anna Lee»
Melodi 10: Agnete - «Icebreaker»

Ringdalen

VG did a story on how Freddy Kalas is the favorite and posted the streaming numbers from Spotify (as of Friday)
http://www.vg.no/rampelys/musikk/mgp-freddy-med-gigantisk-forsprang/a/23621010/

Freddy Kalas - Feel Da Rush - 1.966.092

Suit 16 - Anna Lee - 56.927

Agnete - Icebreaker - 33.597

The Hungry Hearts/Lisa Dillon - Laika - 15.260

Laila Samuels - Afterglow - 14.213

Elouiz - History - 12.984

Stage Dolls - Into The Fire - 12.364

Stine Hole Ulla - Traces - 8030

Makeda - Stand Up - 7597

Pegasus - Anyway - 3713

Since then have Feel Da Rush gotten 2.273.514 and it is a huge hit, so I would be really shocked if he does not win.

GlamSIMorous

Oh wow. What an awesome running order, all my faves are from 7-10 :D I like Freddy, but I have to see him perform live first of all.
My ultimate favourites are Laila, Agnete and Suite 16 though. :)

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

VG did a story on how Freddy Kalas is the favorite and posted the streaming numbers from Spotify (as of Friday)
http://www.vg.no/rampelys/musikk/mgp-freddy-med-gigantisk-forsprang/a/23621010/

Freddy Kalas - Feel Da Rush - 1.966.092

Suit 16 - Anna Lee - 56.927

Agnete - Icebreaker - 33.597

The Hungry Hearts/Lisa Dillon - Laika - 15.260

Laila Samuels - Afterglow - 14.213

Elouiz - History - 12.984

Stage Dolls - Into The Fire - 12.364

Stine Hole Ulla - Traces - 8030

Makeda - Stand Up - 7597

Pegasus - Anyway - 3713

Since then have Feel Da Rush gotten 2.273.514 and it is a huge hit, so I would be really shocked if he does not win.

Streaming numbers aren't really relevant.

But if Norway do select Freddy, then enjoy your semi-final exit!

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

So you're saying Freddy Kalas is the favorite? xyaaay

Best news today

Kalas is 3rd favourite in the bookie's odds.

Petar

I hope Agnete wins this. I fell in love with the song since I heard the snippet. Plus I streamed it a lot in Spotify, but she deserves more than 30k for sure :D

julien4ESC

If Freddy Kalas doesn't win, I would be very shocked as this is a big hit in Norway and by far it is the mos popular song.

Top Bottom