14 7.1%

13 6.6%

6 3.0%

11 5.6%

15 7.6%

• Total voters

kamc

Re: NORWAY 2016

It's a shame Icebreaker couldn't decide what kind of song it wanted to be. That slow chorus with the jarring tempo change just kills the song stone dead.
A total shame as the verses are so promising.

Ringdalen

My top 10:

VikingTiger

I dont have a clear favourite here. And I really do not know how my fellow norwegians will vote this year. I guess Agnete has a good chance to reach the norwegian top 4 - being a familiar face.

In a field like this - with no clear winner, I guess Laika can do pretty well! Running away with quite a few votes! I hope they make a good show on stage - and I think they will.

Afterglow is a song that sounds both contemporary and norwegian! The sound is familiar, but I dont think it has the broad appeal needed.

Suite 16 will also do quite well I think - although their song is rather cheesy... But hey - 5 young guys doing a boy-band.... sure they will get their fair share of votes...

With a better song I would have guessed Freddy Kalas to be a contender for the win. But I dont believe his "jamaican" style song suits the norwegian taste. He probably should have kept it in norwegian.... with no caribbean sounds at all.

Still very confused - with no clue who we will send to Stockholm.

julien4ESC

I go for Freddy Kalas, it's very very a good fun song and it would be the first time that we have this kind of song in Eurovision.

Icebreaker has been heard a million times, always the same girld, always the same type... boring !

Sochiara

I honestly think this is the first time that I don't have a favorite song. If I had to pick right now I would probably choose Afterglow or Suite 16....but even those two songs don't even come close to A Monster Like Me imo.

Fred

What the hell is going on with Icebreaker?
It's like the hard struggle when you don't decide to eat chicken or beef...

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

Just listened to all the songs. Well, it's clear Norway don't have anything even close to the quality of the last 3 years, but a few decent ones and a legit good one. However, I have a top 3, and they are miles ahead of the rest.

1. Laila - Afterglow
2. Hungry Hearts & Lisa Dillan - Laika
3. Stine Hole Ulla - Traces

Out of the other favourites, Suite 16 is the usual boyband trash that has no business at Eurovision, and Icebreaker is the kind of song that makes me wish I could cheesegrate my eardrums just to distract from the noise. Generic synthy shite.

Stine's entry is very Disney, but there is real quality there, and her voice is incredible. But for me, it's between the top 2. Laila's song is the only one that gives me the goosebumps, but Laika is gimmicky, but not in a bad way. There is quality in the melody, and it's different to the generic scandi pop that I hate, and I can for sure see why Rainywoods likes it so much. It would be a good winner for Norway, but my support is behind Laila. With a few musical tweaks (increased drums) and epic staging, this could get top 10.

sapsan

Norway!!! Very high chances to get my votes this year. There're very good songs

1. Agnete - Icebraker - This song is need to be balanced to some side - uptempo or not. And we'll have a masterpiece who would be deserved to win ESC.
2. Laila Samuels - Afterglow - very beautiful ballad. It's really magic I want to hear again and again
3. Elouiz - History - Sounds nice Very enjoyable song.
4. Stine Hola Ulla - Traces - One more magic song. It's a pity that Norway can't send this year 2 entries to ESC :(

sapsan

I'm sure Icebraker will be revamped. Final version for Eurovision will be only low-tempo or only uptempo. And it will be TOP-3 for sure. So don't scare to choose Icebraker.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

I'm sure Icebraker will be revamped. Final version for Eurovision will be only low-tempo or only uptempo. And it will be TOP-3 for sure. So don't scare to choose Icebraker.

Icebreaker top 3? I seriously doubt it.

Schlagerman1

But Norway is a country that never makes a revamp on their Eurovision-songs, why should they do that now? Norwegians are usually brave, but they aren't stupid I think, so they will absolutely not pick Icebreaker.

I am sure that Freddy, Laila and Hungry Hearts will be in the top 4 superfinal, then maybe Agnete if the performance is good, otherwise I think the boyband may be 4th, I think. And with two rather funny and catchy songs in the top, I think that makes Laila have an advantage, but you never know, the norwegians has suprised us before. :mrgreen:

Arv

Freddy Kalas and Laila were the only two I found somewhat interesting. Freddy Kalas song is different but it's a bit risky with such entry as it could fall flat and end up last. Lailas song is good but it's missing something, wish it was stronger in the end, something unexpected.

Arv

Freddy Kalas and Laila were the only two I found somewhat interesting. Freddy Kalas song is different but it's a bit risky with such entry as it could fall flat and end up last. Lailas song is good but it's missing something, wish it was stronger in the end, something unexpected.

sapsan

Listening to "Icebraker" few times I realized that it's like a meat with sweet cherry or honey syrup - very unusual and strange "dish" that you have to be accustomed or not. So the problem is just wrong syrup they need to change.

Schlagerman1

^ Well Maybe it wasn't good using the word stupid, so apologize for that. It is just that one of my biggest frustrations is just when songs are made in that way, especially when both parts are pretty good, but the overlap between them is so horribly poor that I can't stand it. Especially cause these two parts could instead been two pretty good songs instead of one bad mixture. That is my opinion about it. I can't see a song like this do well in Eurovision, cause many with me really hate when the songs are done like this.

RomanFromRussia

The only song that has something special is Laika, but norwegians won't choose it, because songs like this always cannot make it to ESC.

But there can always be first time #ILOVETHEDISCO

Mrm

Veteran

GOOSH Laila Samuels - "Afterglow" is STUNNING! :)

I already imagine it as a wonderful magical performance, I'd like if she will be alone on the stage, in half dark, and in the background the scenes from mysterious Norwegian North..some fog, fiords.. xlove xheart

FANTASTIC! xfaint

SwissKung

Just listened to all the songs. Well, it's clear Norway don't have anything even close to the quality of the last 3 years, but a few decent ones and a legit good one. However, I have a top 3, and they are miles ahead of the rest.

1. Laila - Afterglow
2. Hungry Hearts & Lisa Dillan - Laika
3. Stine Hole Ulla - Traces

Out of the other favourites, Suite 16 is the usual boyband trash that has no business at Eurovision, and Icebreaker is the kind of song that makes me wish I could cheesegrate my eardrums just to distract from the noise. Generic synthy shite.

Stine's entry is very Disney, but there is real quality there, and her voice is incredible. But for me, it's between the top 2. Laila's song is the only one that gives me the goosebumps, but Laika is gimmicky, but not in a bad way. There is quality in the melody, and it's different to the generic scandi pop that I hate, and I can for sure see why Rainywoods likes it so much. It would be a good winner for Norway, but my support is behind Laila. With a few musical tweaks (increased drums) and epic staging, this could get top 10.

I have the exact same top 3 :eek:

Top Bottom