14 7.1%

13 6.6%

6 3.0%

11 5.6%

15 7.6%

• Total voters

VikingTiger

Re: NORWAY 2016

The fact that Freddy Kalas is the one being streamed the most is not a surprise. He has had major hits in Norway already. And his music is popular amongst the younger crowd - the ones that mostly use Spotify and other streaming services. But two million hits are quite a lot!! Another, and maybe just as important fact, is that he is now number 3 in the VG single charts here in Norway.

I guess that if he does a great job on stage and has an entertaining show he's got it in his hands. BUT - I am not sure how good he is live, or if he has the ability to do well through the TV screens. Let's wait and see...

Personally I wouldnt mind seing Freddy in Stockholm - but this song... hmmm... I just find it really irritating that he is singing with this totally stupid jamaican/caribbean (?) accent....

_bittersweet_

No clear favourite in MGP this time unlike every year I watched it. I really enjoy Afterglow but I'm not sure if it can win MGP. Laika is fine too but not a big fan of the rest. I don't like how Icebreaker feels like 2 different songs. If they change that, it might grow on me. Feel Da Rush is a big no for me. After 3 great years, I don't want to see Norway go back to Haba Haba-Stay era.

ZoboCamel

Following on from 2014's battles of the Storm and Cake entries, and last year's battle of the Warriors, I'd be interested to see Freddie (Hungary) vs. Freddy (Norway) in Stockholm this year :rolleyes:

i anixi

This Laika thing would be great for one of those selections that held nothing remotely decent and have to pick among insignificance. There's plenty of those about. Not Norway though NONO

Franco

What? :lol:
No way.
Laika is a piece of genius. It's the worthy heir of "I feed you my love", after two years of great but not groundbreaking nor mindblowing entries.

i anixi

You're delusional. They kind of plod along. AND they're middle aged. That's an ESC equivalent to suicide and a fast and certain route to semi final failure.

Let's watch them all live though. Opinions are liable to change then, mine not less the others, and Norwegians can't usually be blamed with picking the wrong horse.

Franco

AND they're middle aged. That's an ESC equivalent to suicide and a fast and certain route to semi final failure.

The Babusky came second, didn't they? And Anouk brought back the Netherlands into top10. And Kaliopi gave Macedonia one of their best results. I don't see age as an issue: you either have a good song or you don't. And THH have a superb one. xcheer
The running order, though... :?

i anixi

The Babusky came second, didn't they? And Anouk brought back the Netherlands into top10. And Kaliopi gave Macedonia one of their best results. I don't see age as an issue: you either have a good song or you don't. And THH have a superb one. xcheer
The running order, though... :?

The babushki weren't middle aged :lol:
Kaliopi and Anouk (who looked fairly young anyway) had serious/quality songs - it makes all the difference from a burlesque number like Laika's.
I wouldn't worry about the running order. In a 10 song long NF, that can't be an issue. Freddy might be though: I'm thinking they might end up cancelling each other out, maybe?

One question to Norwegians in the know: are you having a super final with the two top acts in the end and decide from there, or are you simply picking one act from the bunch? Thank you :)

VikingTiger

One question to Norwegians in the know: are you having a super final with the two top acts in the end and decide from there, or are you simply picking one act from the bunch? Thank you :)

Hey - from what I have understood there will be a superfinal this year as well. GOOD! That way the running order will have less to say. NRK said that the running order in part was decided my preparations for each act. I choose to think that The Hungry Hearts have to jo first just to prepare their stunning act!!! I expect a lot from these performance artists... Something intellingent and funny to go with the song.. hehe...

martin

my list

10. The Hungry Hearts dislike this very much sorry
9. Stine Hole Ulla boring
8. Makeda Just meh
Don,t like this songs
7. Freddy Kalas ( He have much better songs before and this is just ok)
---- ok
6. Stage Dolls Good song, but just not stand out
5. Elouiz Some parts like i very much but some part is just boring
4. Pegasus a little bit boring in the start, but the last part is really good
3. Suite 16 cool song
---- good songs
2. Agnete really like this one. Hopefully Agnete will give a great show
1. Laila Love this songs. It feels so norwegian and magical :D
Great songs

12Points

Will they use orchestra like last year?

And if they do, if the winner used the orchestra, will the winner use the instrumental from it or the original version for the Eurovision?

cripesdude

"Afterglow" or "Icebreaker" for me :)

Will they use orchestra like last year?

And if they do, if the winner used the orchestra, will the winner use the instrumental from it or the original version for the Eurovision?

They're not using the orchestra at all this year :(

Pawhlen

It´s great that the show starts 20:55, then I will almost be able to see whole your final after our last semi is done :D

kamc

With the songs we have so far, I think "Afterglow" would be a perfect addition as we don't have a magical female ballad yet.

Top Bottom