• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Ezio

Veteran
On the german Chanel :eek:

Eidechse

I don't know what to think about the Italian song. San Remo winners used to be better, one dud after many good entries doesn't hurt Italy. I'm still optimistic for future years.

6 points

mup

I thought about posting it here, in case anyone from Germany is interested: Marco will be on "Die Giovanni Zarrella Show" on ZDF this Saturday. :)

source

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Do the Italians on the forum like this? Because I love it to bits

After rewatching this video, I want to apologize to Italians. I don't think it's very good at all. The women are wonderful, singing like angels, but the men have quite thin and untrained vocals.

Brandt

I wish he had chosen a song more akin to ma stasera.

JenJen94

I think the song is really nice but for some reason it's not my favourite, however I love his voice! I can't wait to see it with all the staging and all-I'm curious to it

ayzelto

I didn't want to miss the opportunity to say something about Italy this year. Although I like Marco Mengoni, I'm not sure if his magic will be conveyed to the viewers as it did in 2013. His final result is quite uncertain. I'm sure the juries will appreciate the typical Italian ballad as they always have, but the televote? I don't see him achieving a better result than in 2013, maybe from 10th to 15th place.

nudiecrudi

I didn't want to miss the opportunity to say something about Italy this year. Although I like Marco Mengoni, I'm not sure if his magic will be conveyed to the viewers as it did in 2013. His final result is quite uncertain. I'm sure the juries will appreciate the typical Italian ballad as they always have, but the televote? I don't see him achieving a better result than in 2013, maybe from 10th to 15th place.
Also the televote has awarded the typical Italian ballads. It gave to Italy the highest amount of points with the most typical Italian song Grande Amore.
The ESC bubble is underestimating Italy this year because mostly concerned about the so called innovative or contemporary songs, forgetting that there is always place for solid qualitative classic songs. The exhibition of Marco on ZDF showed his quality and ability which I'm sure will not pass unobserved.

Ezio

Veteran
I think it's a more accessible song than Brividi. And no one saw the Top 5 coming for Italy in 2018, yet it happened. I think Italy is a safe bet for Top 5 this year.

Spain and France might be more enthusiastic this year, but Italy might the Big 5 country that prevails, yet again.

Big 5 are doing a great job this year, no one should fall into the bottom on the Final night, I would say.

midnightsun

Veteran
Wow - This revamped and shortened version is perfect Oo
Yes!!! I‘m really happy! Italy was just outside my top 10, only a little, which was sad because I really love the song, but now I have to rethink my whole ranking because the revamp is so amazing!!!

but this one sounds slightly more modern and pop at parts?
Funny, I thought the opposite which is why I love it more now! I criticized that in the SR version, after that beautiful start, it became too generic when the second chorus set in and it went more fast and more pop-like. The pace is much slower now, turning the song into a classical ballad instead of a modern pop song, which I really appreciate!

Seriously, it´s brilliant.

Nuff said! ;)

midnightsun

Veteran
Also the televote has awarded the typical Italian ballads. It gave to Italy the highest amount of points with the most typical Italian song Grande Amore.

Due vite is one the most typical Italian song in Eirovision also.

The ESC bubble is underestimating Italy this year because mostly concerned about the so called innovative or contemporary songs, forgetting that there is always place for solid qualitative classic songs.
I said that straight from the beginning. Europeans LOVE a good classic Italian ballad or pop song. Always! I have never doubted he will not come top 10 in May. And it would be deserved.

The exhibition of Marco on ZDF showed his quality and ability which I'm sure will not pass unobserved.

Si.

Diego

I find it hilarious how many Eurofans (especially those from a certain Mediterranean country) are sure that Italy is going to fail at Eurovision this year. Europe has repeatedly demonstrated that it appreciates Italian music, especially male power ballads. It will come as no surprise to see Mengoni in the Top 10 once again, maybe even in the Top 5. I dare say that it is likely that "Due Vite" stands at the front of the entry from this certain Mediterranean country.

Top Bottom