5 2.8%

4 2.3%

10 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Fluke

And still no 3-minute version. They don't even care, do they?

Ezio

Veteran
This song grew a lot on me. It's not the winner I want for myself, but I could see it happening if the stars align and the juries and televoters disagree on the other songs. It has the Italian charisma that the audience loves, a sigma male in his best dress singing his heart out. It's a definite Top 5 in the Final. Jupiter in Taurus by May could carry this song past the crazies to the crown.

Now let me enjoy this song before I continue.

nudiecrudi

A double platinum certification for Marco Mengoni with Due Vite
200.000 copies sold
And his official videoclip on YT has reached over 40 million views
Not bad at all.
This year better be an underdog, too many esc bubble contenders

SpiritofKeiino

This song grew a lot on me. It's not the winner I want for myself, but I could see it happening if the stars align and the juries and televoters disagree on the other songs. It has the Italian charisma that the audience loves, a sigma male in his best dress singing his heart out. It's a definite Top 5 in the Final. Jupiter in Taurus by May could carry this song past the crazies to the crown.

I agree, I think this song will do quite well. It's not the strongest song IMO but I think a lot of people will like a good looking Italian man competently performing a ballad. I think it's a televote top 10 (maybe even top 5) unless it gets absolutely screwed over by an early running order. Jury position harder to predict but can see it cracking top 10 in juries.

Iker

Veteran

I remember your astrological predictions failing miserably in the past, dude. 😆

Italy is clearly not winning this year.

goncalovieira

Hum... he is going to share the housewives votes along with Gustaph.
I really like Marco as an artist. Really low profile, but classy and handsome. Another top 10 in coming to Italy.

nudiecrudi

I remember your astrological predictions failing miserably in the past, dude. 😆

Italy is clearly not winning this year.
I don't think any of us here have such high expectations. Winning isnt an option to consider in this case. Doing well and a good final ranking, a continuous top 10 for Italy, is what the fans of this song would desire.
There is one important thing Italy should be praised, indipendently from the song. It is sending always big names, the best of what the italian music scene can offer.
In 20 min all the tickets of Marco's european tour went sold out. A good result to start with.

sucof

If the version is identical to this video, with the same rhythm and passion, perhaps there is some chance of at least reaching the top 5

AndroZeus

Hmmmm. I definitely prefer the Sanremo version, by a long way. One of the moments where I find myself wishing there wasn't a 3 minute rule (though I'm sure we'd be in trouble without it). The one thing I like better here is that he does the long scream-y note in the final chorus, like in the live performance at the final night of Sanremo.

Mainshow

Veteran
Wow - This revamped and shortened version is perfect Oo Honestly, I think it´s better and more competitive (for an international audience). I love the changes in the arrangement (I still love the Sanremo version which is "really pure and classy") but this one sounds slightly more modern and pop at parts? - And they didn´t cut anything "absolutely" relevant.

Seriously, it´s brilliant.

Last edited:

nudiecrudi

I just hope he and his staff take ESC seriously, as Maneskin did.
This 3 min cut is the right direction.
I would love also to see Marco in one of the pre parties just to show that he s part of this community. I'm sure the audience of the parties will love his live performance.

Ajeje Brazorf

Esc version >>>> Sanremo Version. This is maybe the first time I think an Italian song may have some advantage and some boost from the cuts made in the shortened version... Particularly, I love the new arrangement on the second verse, which I find more impactful. I would not be that surprised to see Marco in the top 10 again if the performance goes as it should go.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
I like what they did with the ESC version except that it ended too abruptly. Other than that, I feel like you are not missing anything substantial from the original version, as opposed to what they did with "Soldi".

Here's the ESC version on Spotify for anyone who is interested:

Top Bottom