• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Ezio

Veteran
Do the Italians on the forum like this? Because I love it to bits

nudiecrudi

4 Ogae national groups have voted and the big surprise is that Due Vite has got votes from all of them and is 4th in the provisory ranking.
Very strange Spain hasn't got any point.
I know that is too early and Ogae votes mean nothing but usually they don't go far from the real final result

Ezio

Veteran
OGAE Germany currently has Italy in 2nd behind Finland.

Spain 9th but very close race between 2 and zero points.

Chorizo

A nice Sanremo ballad. 10 points.

Chorizo

The beginning of the chorus reminds me of Nessun grado di separazione, which was one of my favorites in 2016. Do other people have the same impression?

SpiritofKeiino

OGAE result doesn't surprise me, I believe it's an easy top 10 and maybe even a top 5 if it gets good running order so that viewers remember it. Don't underestimate how much people like a handsome guy singing a ballad in Italian.

Ezio

Veteran
I feel the sudden change from Jupiter from Aries to Taurus just before Eurovision could boost Italy a lot this year. From loud and crazy to melodic and gentle. But that's just my delusion with a grain of pepper.

Also, in terms of uniqueness this song is winning, ballad sung by a male. Who else is serving this this year? Female ballads are usually struggling to attract televotes.

nudiecrudi

I feel the sudden change from Jupiter from Aries to Taurus just before Eurovision could boost Italy a lot this year. From loud and crazy to melodic and gentle. But that's just my delusion with a grain of pepper.

Also, in terms of uniqueness this song is winning, ballad sung by a male. Who else is serving this this year? Female ballads are usually struggling to attract televotes.
The younger ESC fans usually aren't attracted by this genre and I can understand why. Pop songs, funny songs or novelty ones are more easy to digest. But there is a huge amount of older esc fans, over 30, that like passionate ballads ( not very far but three years ago a ballad won ) so I think there is enough space even for this genre.
Since I believe that Due Vite is the best ballad this year, hopefully there aren't many, and Marco is a fantastic performer, he will gatjher the votes of ballad lovers. This is a pure contemporary italian ballad, very recognizable and that's somehow a plus for the wide public ( not for the various forums members or youtubers which always look for different and alternative proposals no matter if are qualitative or not ). Italy has got the highest televote points with a very tipical italian song Grande Amore because there is always a public which recognize that classic italian style at its best.

Deleted member 12761

How accurate are these OGAE votings? I don't care about them so Idk but I find their results a bit weird. I doubt Spain is going to flop like this and some of the other countries are a bit overrated imo. I'm sure it's a Top 10 entry, Top 5 not anymore. It's one of my least streamed song of this year tbh. It's a good entry and performance but other countries are good too or even better.

AndroZeus

How accurate are these OGAE votings? I don't care about them so Idk but I find their results a bit weird. I doubt Spain is going to flop like this and some of the other countries are a bit overrated imo. I'm sure it's a Top 10 entry, Top 5 not anymore. It's one of my least streamed song of this year tbh. It's a good entry and performance but other countries are good too or even better.
res43_0429.png

Here's last year. Overall fairly close, but some pretty huge misses compared to how it actually went down. Especially France :(

nudiecrudi

res43_0429.png

Here's last year. Overall fairly close, but some pretty huge misses compared to how it actually went down. Especially France :(
Half oft the top 10 finished top 10 and 2 of them didn't even qualify. France and Czechia failed miserably.
These rankings are made before the live rehearsals and with all the contestants.

AndroZeus

Half oft the top 10 finished top 10 and 2 of them didn't even qualify. France and Czechia failed miserably.
These rankings are made before the live rehearsals and with all the contestants.
I'll admit I was being very generous when I said "overall fairly close". Closer than most individuals' predictions, but way behind the odds and with many huge discrepancies from how it actually went down.

AndroZeus

OGAE does a fan favourite poll, not a prediction list though.
True, it's not meant to tell us who would win the contest.

nudiecrudi

OGAE does a fan favourite poll, not a prediction list though.
I do agree with you.
But on the other hand who votes mostly?
The fans for sure. About the general public I don't have any idea.
Since 2011 i watch the final with a group of non esc fan friends around 15 persons 30-40 years old. Non of them have ever voted during the final. Usually the italian public vote mostly for Moldova Romania and Albania, because of the strong diaspora. So I don't have a clear idea who votes besides the ESC fans. Personally I've never voted because of the complicated voting possibilities.
My phone company does not allow me to send sms towards certain numbers and the app procedures are complex to my point of view

Ezio

Veteran
I am not sure if Fans vote the most at Eurovision, or Why would Italy always vote for Romania and Moldova?

Top Bottom