4 2.3%

10 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

AlekS

Veteran
Wondering if Madame was robbed because Italians didn't forget about her faking COVID certificate.

ps. It still puzzles me how a song with twice more filtered (not fake) streams than the winner landed at #3 in televoting with thrice less votes.

hzalfa

Wondering if Madame was robbed because Italians didn't forget about her faking COVID certificate.

ps. It still puzzles me how a song with twice more filtered (not fake) streams than the winner landed at #3 in televoting with thrice less votes.
Spotify streams are dominated by teenagers, very often we have rappers at the top that are completely unknown outside of that demographic. The main problem with Sanremo televoting is that not all demographics are equally inclined to vote, and the televote is absolutely dominated by women of all ages who vote for their favourite singer (Apparently there were whole Facebook groups of moms collectively deciding to vote for Mr. Rain because of the children, at least that's what my mom said). I understand that this makes it sound like the blame for not having women in the top 5 is on women themselves, so I think the best thing to do would be to somehow convince even the more casual viewers to throw a vote at their favourites by making voting free with an app. Currently I think most viewers simply don't care enough about the final results to spend 0,50€ for a vote or up to 2,50€ if you vote 5 times.

AlekS

Veteran
^ I understand all of that, but not when he's 1 million streams ahead every day *confused*.
He didn't flop his live performance either.

MS.

Which streams are you talking about? Spotify?
Cause on Youtube for example Marco Mengoni has by far the most views like 3million more than Mr Rain
On spotify i just saw Mr Rain has 300 000 more but that's quite a small margin in comparison.

And about Madame yeah this might be the cause because her song is amazing and deserved at least top 5.

Last edited:

Luneaux

I'm sucker for Italian ballads; he sings beautifully with emotion and passion, I can feel it: even though we don't share the same language. It's lovely to listen! :love: Compared to the latest Italian entries, not the greatest one but I listen this pleasantly. :giggle:

njdevils94

Veteran

I don't think so. It still did well but the juries in Italy tend to prefer men and 3 of them happened to have viral songs, (Lazza, Marco and Mr. Rain). Ultimo was always going to do pretty well and Tananai is the type of ballad can go for.

She was still 2nd best placed female only behind Giorgia who is an Italian legend. I wish Italy would be more open-minded about big hits from younger artists and newcomers but alas.. I think Elodie was hard done by too only finishing 9th even though the song works better in studio.

Last edited:
some special memories.
and only 4:50 long.xcookie

There, I fixed it 🤣

Now seriously Italians, when will a woman win something in Italy, not being a Mengoni of course.

How many ballads can you listen in a day?

If it's a ballad, can it be not about love and sorrow?

When, Italy?

Now look at this psycho! 🤣

7ec6103de25ad316471c4a0fa1f8f482e1633ce1.gifv

Do you think he was a Grammy nominee because of a bella canzona or what? 🤣

Last edited:

nudiecrudi

. I wish Italy would be more open-minded about big hits from younger artists and newcomers but alas.. I think Elodie was hard done by too only finishing 9th even though the song works better in studio.
I don't have an easy answer to this question. Italy isn't closed minded at all.
The young artists are leading the charts in the last years. But they are mostly men. I don't know why.
Elodie is a confermed multiple talented artist and has a lot of hits but when it comes to Sanremo she isn't that successful with the rankings but with the charts yes.
Madame is very appreciated as an artist. The press jury praised and awarded her song. But the demoscopic jury and the public not.
Marco Mengoni did a wonderful speech dedicating the Sanremo Prize to all the female singers of the festival and said thar at least one of them should have been in top 5.
I think it's an era that has nothing to do with the social question.

Deleted member 12761

Due is nice but Elodie has better songs on her album. Everyone who hasn't listened to "Ok. Respira" needs to do that now. AOTY. Danse La Vie, Boy Boy Boy and Tribale are my favorite tracks but I guess too uptempo for Sanremo.

AlekS

Veteran
Which streams are you talking about? Spotify?
Cause on Youtube for example Marco Mengoni has by far the most views like 3million more than Mr Rain
On spotify i just saw Mr Rain has 300 000 more but that's quite a small margin in comparison.
I'm talking about streams after each Sanremo night, not Marco benefiting after his victory. He had only 400k difference (counting Italian streams only) on YT after 2 nights, 200k difference for live performances.
It's awesome how his numbers skyrocketed after the final night, but I was thinking it would be like last year.

Top Bottom