10 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
After witnessing potentially the worst super Saturday on record where my highest score given was a 4 its a welcome relief that Italy comes through with something that has quality and is rather nice. He hasn't confirmed yet I don't think, but i guess he will be going. The song isn't something I usually hype but i can definitely enjoy it. :8:

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
unpopular opinion: due vite >>>>> l‘essenziale :mrgreen:

Same.

Fine with Mengoni probably returning (we should see any minute now) even if i'm not really fond about returnees usually. The song is a bit cliché but his vocals carry the whole song to a great level, as usual i'm curious to hear the Eurovision edit, how they'll gonna cut the song. When his participation will be confirmed i'll give it a :8:.

I would've liked to have some fresh blood though, just like Mahmood back then. I really think Lazza would have been the one, it would have been great. Finally a great Sanremo edition, and i already see tracks from Lazza, Rosa Chemical, Paola & Chiara, Colapesce & Dimartino, Mr.Rain, Sethu joining my playlist for months, i can feel it.

Sammy

Veteran
People really have the guts to whine about how Sweden sends the same thing every year and praise Italy for doing it
What do you mean? Italy sending the same thing every year? The only two entries that are somewhat comparable since Italy came back are Fai rumore and Due vite. How can you see ANY similarity between Francesca Michelin, Il Volo, Måneskin, Francesco Gabbani, Mahmood and all the others?!?

Ajeje Brazorf

I find Due Vite better than Marco's previous entry, and overall it's not bad. He obviously sings it extremely well. That whole top 5 though... some variety please Italy, come on? It wouldn't hurt.

:6: points (I'm not wild for it but probably the second best entry selected tonight in my opinion).

I start to think this one is better than l'Essenziale too... But it is not one of his best song. His vocals are World Classe though, and even without televote support, this will be a top 10 entry because yeah. As I said, jury pleaser, nothing to be ashamed of, we could have send something more modern, we had maybe better songs. But yeah, come on. Marco is Marco. And I'm quite happy he will represent us again anyway, even if he wasn't my no.1 of Sanremo.

nudiecrudi

People really have the guts to whine about how Sweden sends the same thing every year and praise Italy for doing it
At least we send something in our language.
2011 Italy jazz Sweden Pop
2012 Italy Rb Sweden pop
2013 Italy ballad Sweden pop ballad
2014 Italy glam Rock Sweden ballad
2015 Italy pop opera Sweden pop
2016 Italy indie Sweden indie
2017 Italy pop Sweden pop
2018 Italy pop rock Sweden pop
2019 Italy rap urban Sweden pop
2020 Italy ballad Sweden rb
2021 Italy rock Sweden pop
2022 Italy urban ballad Sweden ballad- mid tempo
2023 Italy ballad Sweden?
These are facts
Yours are only words.
Look the diversity of genres we have offered. Do we have to talk about the Swedish diversity?

marty

For me it is not easy to dislike italian songs. I like it It could be written in the 80ies. My favourite entry until Finland will decide. 10 points.

lacrymea

Italy has been my number 1 for how many years now? 4 I think xD So it's kind of refreshing to give someone else a chance this year. It's still a wonderful entry, I just didn't click with it instantly as I usually do. Still a solid :8: for now.

Remembrance

Well, that's another top 10 for Italy - most likely for me, too :)
As always, a great emotional performance.

Good luck, Italy.

Etanna

I've been following Sanremo quite closely and I listened to Marco's song a few more times today on top of that. I still cannot recall the melody. xfaint

woscoMMasterskaya

OK and quite a decent song but I'm not impressed.
It's not enough to be pretty and blink your eyes on stage. It certainly comes with a weaker song than last time and does not bring anything new. I simply expected far more from him.
He's an attractive and charming man with an average song and that's about it, really

Ezio

Veteran
This is mediocre for Italy, and Marco’s intensity is standoffish to me

nudiecrudi

During an interview, few minutes ago, at Domenica In ( a popular talk-music show) Marco said that he is thinking about keeping Two Lives or change it. He is going to meet his creative group& musicians and decide what to do and that he's going to take some time to decide.
I don't know what to think.
Sincerely I don't want him to change the song. I understand that this song might not be everyone's cup of tea and thats OK. But I think that when a song passes through different levels of judgment ( 1300 journalists +300 demoscopic jurors+televote) and wins a hard competition like Sanremo (by a landslide) means that the product is a valuable and valid one. You guys don't imagine how harsh our press is when it comes to Sanremo. The music is really taken seriously. And when all the press praises highly Two Lives and Marco Mengoni as a singer , the public vote for you and the demoscopic jury vote for you, I really think the song would be praised even by the ESC audience and juries. The landslide victories in Sanremo have always been awarded in ESC. The worst result is a 7th place with L' Essenziale, I mean L' Essenziale, one of most iconic esc ballads in recent times.

Top Bottom