4 2.3%

10 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

HayashiM

Veteran
I have enjoyed this edition a lot. I still wish we had a little less ballads and a little more of interesting uptempos. I am missing more of the likes of 2022 LRDL / 2022 Dargen / 2021 Irama / 2021 Fasma (I understand it's perhaps too demanding to ask for Måneskin again...). The uptempos this year simply weren't as competitive (except for Lazza).
Sanremo is still great, but in my eyes, it could use a little more steam.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12761

Italy always delivers quality. It wasn't my favorite song but it's still a good song and performance and easily one of the best so far. These other european countries need to watch and learn from Italy. Sanremo was just amazing, classy, fresh. And I'm really happy for Lazza and Mr. Rain. Madame should've also been in the Top 5 because that song is a hit.

:12: points

jatojo

I don’t think this is a partcularly strong ballad. The melody is there, to some extent, but the verses are dull, and his vocals don’t impress. This is by no means in the league of ‘Fai rumore’, and I even think last year’s ‘O forse sei tu’ by Elisa is better.

Mainshow

Veteran
confirmed by EUROVISION.TV

The 73rd 'Festival di Sanremo' has found its winner. On Saturday night, Marco Mengoni took the trophy with the song 'Due Vite', and will go on to represent Italy at the 2023 Eurovision Song Contest.

Loindici

Veteran
Finally, something that saves this night. I don't think the song itself is that strong, but Marco is one expressive performer - He really lifts this song to a new height.

nudiecrudi

It has been a long long long evening - night.
It has been a long long long week.
Marco Mengoni won and I'm so happy
And I'm happy Lazza coming second, Cenere is a bop.
This night has been multi orgasmic my friends. Elodie and Madame, Marco, Lazza and the immense Rosa Chemical.
Could not ask for more. I want to thank all of you for sharing these intense, and very longe🤣, moments but I think it was worthy. Particularly I want to thank the German members, always very kind and sensible. Love you guys.❤️

mauve

Veteran
I really loved Sanremo this year again, and there were amazing entries (Lazza, Elodi, Ultimo), but as some others said I also missed some more uptempo songs. But then again Italy is the country of ballads, right? Just wished that "Due vite"would have appealed more to me, but unfortunately it didn't. To me the song is not strong enough to keep me excited in any way like "fai rumore" did and still does to this day. So unfortunately only :5:. I hope I have more luck again next year!

lasse braun

i've really thought in the end italy go the more fresh way to liverpool like 2 years ago but no - an old worn hat has been choosen - ok,that's sanremo & italy.
but nobody can steal me my pleasure with anna oxa,madame,rosa chemical and with a little gap to these 3 acts lazza & levante.
the path is the goal! xrose

PolarFoxxie.

Due vitte - double life is Marco mengoni's coming out of the closet as homosexual song. I am happy for him and his boyfriend Mahmood. Although it is built slowly and last minute of song he screeches and makes errors. Plus he is not gonna finish in top 3. Top 10 is his maximum. Italy just recently won. Plus we still need to wait for Eurovision version. He needs to cut a lot.

hijirio

Veteran
Turkey’s Survivor has had more female winners than Italy’s San Remo in the past 12 years.

It’s a typical boring Italian ballad that people will call “quality” nevertheless.

Not my cup of tea, as per usual.

:3: pts

PolarFoxxie.

2 closeted homosexuals in a row singing ballads for Italy. Uhhhhhh, with such huge following he still nothing for LGBT but he comes to Eurovision over and over again. Same for Mahmood. Don't like it. Top 10 is where he will finish realistically. That's it.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yawn.

Allegedly a fun and good selection, and Italy still went with an average, boring screamy ballad that the unbearable Italy stans will pretend to like.

Stop using San Remo as the ESC selection format. It is why Italy have only won thrice despite their reputation. :)

Also Marco is a lock for top 10 despite being the same old 'traditional' (antiquated) level of snore that always emerges Victorious in San Remo. :5: points in the poll, like every year.

Top Bottom