13 8.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

empo21

Veteran
It was a messy performance, but I'll give Marina the benefit of the doubt coz she's apparently sick. She looked almost distracted at times. Hope she feels better for tonight.

spinachpie

It was better than I expected (I know she was ill, so vocals were not 100%). Still though, it was underwhelming compared to the song.

They could have taken inspiration from the music video and taken us on a proper journey of Greece, especially with that LED. She could have started on top of the acropolis (when she starts with the high signing), which then transitions into an interpretation of modern Greece, when the beat comes in.

I mean, there is so much they could have done.

musicfan

The weakest part to me was towards the end, not bad but went on a bit.

Even so I do think it was worth qualifying in the semi. The song did mainly flow ok and they went a more simple group folk dance route, which stood out because of that.

ViVillRejv

Just like with Switzerland this year, the music video better than the live performance. The messy POV camera angles and social media filters laid on top of the TV screen made this performance a mess to me. I wish Malta had qualified instead of this :(

At the same time Marina is really captivating and she does sing in Greek so I can't hate this.

ESC Athens

Greek delegation comment on Marina's reaction during Eden's interview (I translated it):

If someone had watched the full video and not only Eden Golan's interview, they would realize that during the whole time Marina Satti was interacting in a similar way, both with artists and the journalists who were there. Marina Satti was yawning throughout the press conference, because of the long-running rehearsals and the exhausting routine of the last days. Her target was not to offend Israel's representative, to whom she wishes good luck for Saturday's final.

Source

Loindici

Veteran
I honestly expected more graphics in the performance. Like, some 2020s Y2K-based aesthetic or those iconic shitpost-level designs. What we had was kinda too simple in my opinion.

And it's quite troublesome that she has to do it with a hand mic. I never expected her to dance THAT MUCH and it would've been better to have a clip-on mic with her.

spinachpie

Greek delegation comment on Marina's reaction during Eden's interview (I translated it):

If someone had watched the full video and not only Eden Golan's interview, they would realize that during the whole time Marina Satti was interacting in a similar way, both with artists and the journalists who were there. Marina Satti was yawning throughout the press conference, because of the long-running rehearsals and the exhausting routine of the last days. Her target was not to offend Israel's representative, to whom she wishes good luck for Saturday's final.

Source
That's a lie :ROFLMAO:

Ewigkeit

Veteran

Source
XSDJG51.gif

It's ok queen we won't expose you 🤫

Shadowfuxcs

It was better than I expected (I know she was ill, so vocals were not 100%). Still though, it was underwhelming compared to the song.

They could have taken inspiration from the music video and taken us on a proper journey of Greece, especially with that LED. She could have started on top of the acropolis (when she starts with the high signing), which then transitions into an interpretation of modern Greece, when the beat comes in.

I mean, there is so much they could have done.
The point of the music video was a satire of the stereotypes Westerns expect to see from Greece.This is why you don't get Acropolis in the performance but instead there are the4 filthy rooftops that like the neighbours where many of use grew up.

spinachpie

The point of the music video was a satire of the stereotypes Westerns expect to see from Greece.This is why you don't get Acropolis in the performance but instead there are the4 filthy rooftops that like the neighbours where many of use grew up.
That's what I meant with the transition from the acropolis, to modern Greece. It then works as a theme, or an extension of the video.

Nicholas123

She was better than ever in last night's jury rehearsal. Her voice on point. Good luck, Marina. No matter what happens tonight, you made me so proud. It was an honour to have you representing Greece. Not only you are an exceptional artist, but a great human being. I am so happy you stand for your beliefs and you don't give a damn about the consequences. The haters, especially the ones who come from our own country, can go f.ck themselves.

Last edited:

Ewigkeit

Veteran
She was better than ever in last night's jury rehearsal. Her voice on point. Good luck, Marina. No matter what happens tonight, you made me so proud. It was an honour to have you representing Greece. Not only you are an exceptional artist, but a great human being. I am so happy you stand for your beliefs and you don't give a damn about the consequences. The haters, especially the ones who come from our own country can go f.ck themselves.
Me against her haters:

0sX8uKr.jpeg

Top Bottom