5 3.2%

13 8.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Milos-BC

The performance was.......a but underwhelming. Fun but weaker than I expected.

Still, it would be nice to see it in top 10 tonight.

Nicholas123

To noone's surprise, the greek media (that are 100% controlled by our corrupted - and pro Israel- goverment) have declared war against Marina and they've been trashing her non-stop, since Thursday night. I have to say that i'm disgusted especially by some journalists i had a different opinion about. For example, Natalia Germanou, the lyricist of Paparizou's winning entry, was a huge disappointment for me this morning. She talked about the ongoing ESC during her show, she had a small chat with Kontopoulos, she praised the song and Celia, wheras the only mention she did about Marina was that while she was in Kiev back in 2005 was also tired, but she never thought to yawn in front of the cameras. She did not even wish Marina "good luck". Shame on you, Natalia. And i thought you were different from the others.

ArmpitOfEurope

Her placing is decent, especially for a risky song+in greek. Would love a top 10 finish but the staging was a bit weak I think. I mean, the song was never going to be a jury favourite, so in my opinion they had to go bunkers with the staging and the ethnic elements so at least it could get a bigger televote. I thought it was a lil too simple.

But anyway, Im so proud of Marina. For making Greece again a fan favourite, for making the greeks care about Esc again, for her morals, for bringing the greek language to the final after so many years! Thank you Marina xheart

Nicholas123

She filled in the lacking "side" of the support through the support of the people from Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, and a few other countries, don't worry. She won many hearts.

Τhank you so much, i'm glad to hear that! xheart Marina did great, 8th place in televoting with 85 points, our best result since 2013 !!!! 11th overall but still i'm super happy! She made us all proud :D
I only wish her now to have a safe trip back home, get some rest, meet her family and beloved ones and finally find some time to grieve for the loss of her dad. Poor girl she did not even have the time to do so. As for the boomer gay haters of hers in various sites and groups, take the middle finger, sweeties and leave her alone.

Shadowfuxcs

Marina was a great representative for Greece and got the 3rd best result of the decade (and best result of the decade in the televote). She would have been in the top 10 if more Balkan countries were in this year's lineup.
Major drawback was the staging, Focas needs to retire and I will keep saying that until he does. It's time for new creators to take a step forward.
What was great about this year was not only the fact that Greece finally took a risk, but Marina was a breath of fresh air as a representative. For the first time the Greek performer didn't feel like reciting a producer's script while on an interview, she represented the modern, urban, middle and working class side of Greece that our governments try to keep hidden for the sake of hollow tourist adverts.

It's hard to predict which direction Greece will head to after this point. It's a decent result and the interest for the contest in Greece reached its peak at recent years, however incidents like the one at the press conference and the overall toxicity of the local press could lead them again to the same route of sending teenagers with bland "Dream-team" songs. For Greece to win Eurovision, bigger risks would need to be taken. Taking in mind how toxic the media and the most of the public can be in the country, this seems to be very hard. Someone like Nemo or Bambie would have never been allowed to represent Greece, the Greek Church alone would be running protests to block their participation. I hope ERT will keep giving opportunities to actual artists like Marina, this is the way for Greece to have long-lasting success.

Last edited:

PanosAK

Marina to me was the best i've enjoyed a Greek entry ON the Eurovision stage since OPA by Giorgos Alkaios!

I LOVED Katerine Duska (used to be my AVI for the longest) but the on stage performance wasn't great, i LOVED Oneiro Mou but we all know what happened, i REALLY liked Amanda's song but the on stage performance was just "ok" to me.

Marina's final performance was PERFECT , she did the song justice and i loved every second! I'm upset that the juries buried her the way they did and i have a lot i could say about juries in general BUT they DID save us from an Israel win so i'm glad for that AND i do 100% agree with the love they showed Nemo!

With all that being said , Marina was fantastic and despite all that happened to her in this Eurovision (Losing her father, getting sick, attacked by the Israeli mob) she gave me one of my country's favorite entries in the contest!

For that i will forever STAN

soulm8

She was iconic, the song is not exactly for stage performance, so it was difficult. Do not wanna say it could of been better staged, but it could have been hahah. Anyway, she was Iconic and be proud of her! Amazing performer from Greece!

ArmpitOfEurope

Focas needs to retire and I will keep saying that until he does. It's time for new creators to take a step forward.

Someone like Nemo or Bambie would have never been allowed to represent Greece, the Greek Church alone would be running protests to block their participation. I hope ERT will keep giving opportunities to actual artists like Marina, this is the way for Greece to have long-lasting success.

I dont want to defend Fokas, but Im really not seeing him in this staging. He always uses a concept or props, I think this presentation was more Manjoon and Marina ( if you follow Manjoon you will see that he frequently uses the one-cam-trick ). Fokas has said in interviews that he didnt want to interfene much this year in the young peoples vision, because older people can learn from it. But all this is only my guess and I could be wrong, and of course hes got the most responsibility for it as creative director.

Now, you need a very special artist to win Esc nowdays, and unfortunately Greece doesnt have many of those. It will be really hard to get an artist more special than Marina in the next years
All the singers that are being successful in Greece right now and could do Esc, are kinda basic in terms of artistry, like Josephine, Lila or Evangelia. They are all giving '' low with juries and average with the tele '' vibes to me.
I think ERT will return to a national final next year, and its probably the best idea

Last edited:

PanosAK

Now, you need a very special artist to win Esc nowdays, and unfortunately Greece doesnt have many of those. It will be really hard to get an artist more special than Marina in the next years
All the singers that are being successful in Greece right now and could do Esc, are kinda basic in terms of artistry, like Josephine, Lila or Evangelia. They are all giving '' low with juries and average with the tele '' vibes to me.
I think ERT will return to a national final next year, and its probably the best idea

Huge disagree here, the issue is that you are looking at mainstream acts when you should be looking at the likes of Goodjobnicky, Alkyone, Zitao Ena Noima, Marina Spanou, ZAF , PAGAN , Yama, Sicario etc

ArmpitOfEurope

Huge disagree here, the issue is that you are looking at mainstream acts when you should be looking at the likes of Goodjobnicky, Alkyone, Zitao Ena Noima, Marina Spanou, ZAF , PAGAN , Yama, Sicario etc

Im looking at mainstream acts because I think that after the huge success of Zari in Greece and the wonders it did for Ert ( 71% rating share ), if they want to internally select someone they will try with a high profile artist again. I dont think Ert would pick an artist like Sicario out of the blue after Marina Satti.
Thats why I think a national final is the best idea, coz a diamond can be found that wouldnt be internally selected otherwise.
Goodjobnicky, Spanou and Alkyone would be exceptional options and Spanou has showed a lil interest, she covered Zari on her live shows too. And I think Goodjobnicky has stated that he will try again only if a NF is being held

Last edited:

PanosAK

It started to grow on me a bit after the Live-Performances, but Im still glad, that Amanda and Stef ended up higher.
Worth noting however that Marina got more votes from the fans through televotes than both those 2 did
:sneaky: she actually got us our best televoting results in the past decade

Realest

Worth noting however that Marina got more votes from the fans through televotes than both those 2 did
:sneaky: she actually got us our best televoting results in the past decade

I know and I aknowledge this, but according to the Rules with which we agreed before having decided to watch Eurovision, the Result consists of a 50/50 Voting.

AliceEsc

Marina is my favourite artist that has ever represented Greece. Hard to top that, but I would love to see us trying.

Over the last years I wasn't vibing with our songs, not that they were bad but there was no identity artistically.
I'm so happy that we got a televote top 10 with this song and I hope we continue down the same path next year.

Shadowfuxcs

I believe Greece should still have some hidden talent in alternative scenes. We've never sent a proper rock song for example, while Greece has a prominent alternative rock and metal scene. We've never tried a full-on modernised traditional song like dimotiko, or regional sounds like a song with Cretan instrumentation for example. Even an entry in entechno could be an alternative suggestion for once, Portugal's song this year with minor tweaks wouldn't have felt out of place in the Greek market.
But I agree that national finals would be the best avenue to discover new artists that can be bring smith extra. Croatia and Serbia are smaller countries, with their mainstream music presumably being not that different from Greece, yet they have sent BL and Konstrakta through national finals.

Top Bottom