5 3.2%

13 8.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC Athens

Really unimpressed by the second rehearsal. Not what I expected to see after the first rehearsal clip. I hope the full performance will be better!

0scar

This rehearsal clip is just... bad. This song is really dynamic so I wonder if the "just one camera shot performance" was a good idea.

tsegaye

I feel that many are overreacting, the rehearsal clip is only a small part and it doesn't seem overly messy to me. I think they've managed to come up with something new lighting wise, i like that it's bright and fresh but eclecting and modern at the same time, and that's only one part of the song. I can agree on the clothing though...

ArmpitOfEurope

Not thrilled with the rehearsal clip.
Vocals not completely on point, which is a bit weird as Marina is an exceptional singer.
My main problem tho is that the presentation looks basic, and the one-cam-shot trick makes it look a bit flat. I dont understand why the decided to go with it, Im pretty sure that with sudden camera changes the song would be more impactful, coz its got constant rythmical changes. Doing something just for the sake of '' were doing a trick '' if it doesnt really benefit the performance isnt clever.

Hopefully its way more impactful in full and we're all overreacting lol

soulm8

They still can change the staging to a “Greek Table party” with a lot of food, little dances and I’m here for it!

ArmpitOfEurope

They still can change the staging to a “Greek Table party” with a lot of food, little dances and I’m here for it!

The way something like this would sweep the tele, they went from everything in the videoclip, to almost nothing for the stage perfomance

AliceEsc

It's the smoothest part of the song, I don't expect the camera to spin like crazy. Although I wanted something more intimate for this part, like the picture where she's lying down. And the sound seemed a bit off.

I'm eager to see the whole performance. Overall I like the staging, I like the colours, I think they did a good job.

aef

:gr: is the biggest suprise for me after watching the rehearsal clips. I really didn't like the song before and I'm still not too keen on it but the staging looks AMAZING. I love everything about this, judging based on the clip. Her styling is so perfect for the vibe they want to create.

Shadowfuxcs

The rehearsal clip is not great but nothing to overreact about. The main vocal sounds muted but it was the same for Switzerland. This part of the song is meant to be simple and grounding anyways, it's just a case of the delegation not relating the more interesting segments.
Still worried about the single take idea though, even if it turns out alright I'm not sure if it adds anything or if it's an unnecessary risk.

The part of the song that is included

lilka

A rehearsal is just a rehearsal. It is supposed to expose all the weaknesses so that they could fix them. Besides, I believe that Marina is just resting her voice.

ArmpitOfEurope

A rehearsal is just a rehearsal. It is supposed to expose all the weaknesses so that they could fix them. Besides, I believe that Marina is just resting her voice.

Im not worried about her vocals at all, Im worrying coz it looks empty and basic. I mean, why so minimal, at least put some cultural elements on the backdrops. Look at Italy, shes got a throne prop, interesting backdrops, eye catching outfits, pyro rain, explosives...
Marina's only staging element seem to be the white handkerchiefs

lilka

Well, I can only speak for myself and my opinion is that sometimes the minimum is better.

ArmpitOfEurope

Well, I can only speak for myself and my opinion is that sometimes the minimum is better.

Thats true, I may be overreacting Im a drama queen lol
Deep down I know Marina is gonna make me eat my words soon

lilka

Like, um, I don't wanna repeat myself so that @Nicholas123 won't tell me how crazy (για δέσιμο δηλαδή) I am (and most of the people of the group I proudly belong to) but Greece had one performance that was very minimal and although it didn't finish at the place it was supposed to finish, it was just beautiful. ;)

Of course I hope for a Greek win, like every year (I mean it's my internal battle between Poland and Greece or Cyprus), but even if she doesn't win, it's still better to be remembered by people as a contestant with a decent, not overdone staging. But, as always, Eurovision is unpredictable and we really NEVER know. Besides, it's not always the winner who is mostly remembered and loved by the viewers.

Last edited:

tararaaam

What PolarFoxie is doing is a terrible behaviour. I would totally suggest that mods remove this comment.
Marina did this mistake once, and is a person that a)has lost her father recently so has been quite far from being in touch with Eurovision b)extremely socially shy. c) socially progressive, if someone follows her interviews.
How exactly is she supposed to know? Or if she does know, isn’t she allowed a mistake?
Maybe it’s not Marina that is the insensitive here.

Top Bottom