11 6.9%

17 10.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

mauve

Veteran
I'd love a surprise or two but I think 5 names are pretty firm for tomorrow (Ryk, Leona, Bodine, 99, Galant). Only question mark: is there one more video coming out today or tomorrow? Are there participants announced tomorrow that did not get a video (though that would make no sense to me)

In that case, I'm only interested in the full version of the Bodine song. Or we need a WC miracle lol
Ryk is not firm yet. There are other names going thru ESC Kompakt forum - like Schulte, Ben Dolic, even Luca Hänni or Cesar Sampson.. (could also be someone who participated for another country).

Storm

Ryk is not firm yet. There are other names going thru ESC Kompakt forum - like Schulte, Ben Dolic, even Luca Hänni or Cesar Sampson.. (could also be someone who participated for another country).
I mean he's been rumored for days for a reason, due to his insta connections to the other acts and then we get a video that would totally fit (previous participant, piano ballad, melancholy, hat, good but slightly divisive voice). I'm pretty sure it's him.

I bims

Veteran
People are really desperate and delusional... Luca Hänni and Cesar Sampson? 💀
It's Ryk, there is no big surprise coming. NDR fucked it up again.

Storm

Oh dear that Mutzke song sounds so bad, like something from 20 years ago indeed...

And the two songs by women are lame too. Ok I'm officially out...

Mainshow

Veteran
Leona sounds hauntingly beautiful whilst Max is utterly bland and basic and dated.

I still hope for something more energetic and compelling and catchy but Leona's snippet sounds good enough to convince a few jury members.

Edit: Tears Like Rain is nice, too.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Leona would finish top 12 with the juries (especially if this year has so many cringy ass songs)...

And a couple of televote points from Lux., Aus. and Switzerland.

And you'd have a respectable 15th-ish place finish.

Mainshow

Veteran
Tears Like Rain isn't bad, I like it the most out of these three but my god it's still just at best pleasant background music.
Who picked this for a stage show?

I fully agree with you.
I personally like Leona's snippet the most but they all give me "2nd best to filler entries in another country's semi" vibes.

But again, this happens when you asks random people from other countries to pick your entries (just look at Luxembourg): radio-friendly, generic and radio-friendly pop tunes + 1 gentle ballad and +1 a slightly more leading to indie-pop track.

It's the same mess.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I fully agree with you.
I personally like Leona's snippet the most but they all give me "2nd best to filler entries in another country's semi" vibes.

But again, this happens when you asks random people from other countries to pick your entries (just look at Luxembourg): radio-friendly, generic and radio-friendly pop tunes + 1 gentle ballad and +1 a slightly more leading to indie-pop track.

It's the same mess.

I would say, however, that Leona's song has more soul than any song from Lux.

Top Bottom