14 8.8%

11 6.9%

17 10.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Marcos C

I guess I have to get our my :pl: flag again....

How do you change your flag btw?? Just in case the our song will be really bad.
I love Germany no matter what. I've never been there, but it seems like a wonderful country that has so much to offer. In fact, I've experienced some aspects of the German culture here in New York, including a Christmas market (organized by a German Lutheran church) and an Oktoberfest event (organized by a German restaurant). It was a joy to participate in both.

Therefore, be confident, be proud, and don't change your flags. :)

Mainshow

Veteran
Also, I don't have to wait for the final result to draw the conclusion that eliminating candidates based on their lip-syncing skills competing for a SONG contest is absolutely nuts - even for a wildcard.
But yeah, if someone feels that the right way NDR should treat our potential Eurovision entrant, go ahead.

Mainshow

Veteran
I love Germany no matter what. I've never been there, but it seems like a wonderful country that has so much to offer. In fact, I've experienced some aspects of the German culture here in New York, including a Christmas market (organized by a German Lutheran church) and an Oktoberfest event (organized by a German restaurant). It was a joy to participate in both.

Therefore, be confident, be proud, and don't change your flags. :)

Oh, I'm not THAT bitter - it's partly fun to get excited about our entry since NDR usually disappoints us in the cruelest way.

I'm half-Polish, though. If I heavily dislike the German entry, I won't mind to change my flag for some time. I did it when our broadcaster thought Jendrik was the way to go and I was sick of pretending him to be my little hero because I could smell that :0: pts coming from March to May on a daily basis xD

Marq

Don't get accustomed to the positive vibes...
"Little heroes" and "competition is most part attitude!?"

Come on, who's throw-away account is that?
Well, @Mainshow, it's mine. :D I have been posting on the german site ESCkompakt for some years now. I had to change the name a few times though over the years (there was another Mark for example), but now I use the same user name there. I think this thread might be in dire need of some positive thinking, @Looren aside (y), after following it for quite a long time and after seeing the petition today. And I'm very much looking forward for Friday when we can finally hear all the songs. There will be some interesting participants. For the sake of fairness, i'll wait until then before I comment on them.

Datura

Those dates can be moved. You can't plan around an event that you aren't officially part of yet, wouldn't make sense for a band, so it's usually better to move stuff after the fact, so you don't really lose income when you don't get to go.
well that has cleared up now anyway... ;)

I bims

Veteran
The new clue video is online and they say it's someone coming back and it's a ballad. So that one has to be about Ryk.
The grannies think it's "pleasant", "he looks better than he sings", "it's nice". If that doesn't sound like a Top 5 finish for us! Good job, NDR! "Pleasant" is what we are looking for!

Storm

Today's video sounds like Ryk :( (though I have no idea why Broder would say 'it's not what I expected from him' because Oh Boy sounds exactly like Ryk...)

What confused me was the beginning of the video when Broder said "again someone who had participated already"? Like whos the other one lol?

Starting to think both Marie Reim and Isaak are out?

I bims

Veteran
Today's video sounds like Ryk :( (though I have no idea why Broder would say 'it's not what I expected from him' because Oh Boy sounds exactly like Ryk...)

What confused me was the beginning of the video when Broder said "again someone who had participated already"? Like whos the other one lol?

Starting to think both Marie Reim and Isaak are out?
Ryk may have simply applied with another song?

I also think Marie Reim is not in it. Even Isaak would be the odd one out since his song isn't something you would use to fall asleep like everything else so far. So he's unlikely too.
Everyone that was interesting is just not in it. I'm so lost how they went from a diverse lineup to this bullshit...

Storm

Ryk may have simply applied with another song?

I think his words in German were "noch mal jemand dabei der schon mal dabei war??", Im not sure it would make sense to describe a second Ryk song this way, no?

Edit: on ESC kompakt they are speculating about Max Mutzke which would definitely be a more surprising return?

I bims

Veteran
I think his words in German were "noch mal jemand dabei der schon mal dabei war??", Im not sure it would make sense to describe a second Ryk song this way, no?
No what I meant was that we may simply have gotten Ryk's song wrong and he didn't apply with "Oh Boy" and we have yet to hear his official song. Artists are allowed to apply with multiple songs and then their best song advances to next rounds. So maybe he applied with Oh Boy and another yet unreleased song and when "Oh Boy" didn't advance he simply released it.

Also "Nochmal jemand dabei" isn't a phrase you would really use if there was another returning participant in this very same selection. It sounds more that it already happened some time before that there was a returning act (2022 Felicia Lu) and now it happened again. That's when "Nochmal jemand dabei" would be a phrase you would use to describe it. (Trying to break it down for non-native speakers trying to understand what we are talking about 😂)
If there was another returning act in this specific selection you would say "Noch jemand" not "Nochmal jemand".

Mainshow

Veteran
No Marie Reim? No Versengold?

K.

This NF line-up seems to be more in vain of the 2022 than the 2023 one :(

If Ryk is in it, I'll keep my fingers crossed for another song but "Oh Boy".

Max Murzke could be interesting since he has grown as an artist and would have applied with something different, for sure.

But knowing "our luck", it's probably Malik again Oo

mauve

Veteran
No Marie Reim? No Versengold?

K.

This NF line-up seems to be more in vain of the 2022 than the 2023 one :(

If Ryk is in it, I'll keep my fingers crossed for another song but "Oh Boy".

Max Murzke could be interesting since he has grown as an artist and would have applied with something different, for sure.

But knowing "our luck", it's probably Malik again Oo
I am not sure if this is the last video, might come one later.

Top Bottom