Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

ekzuu

Most important question got an answer: Flo Rida comes!!!

mauve

Veteran

Lindon

While waiting, English subtitles available:

nino77ns

Have you ever wondered where the voices are, where those texts are... Which they never publish anywhere, means it's rigging, I've never believed especially in recent years that the vote wasn't rigging, kaxa is the jury sitting there publishing or setting up screens where the votes are coming in - now they've played songs that are totally lame. If anyone voted for this then this world has been thugged to hell

Loindici

Veteran
Have you ever wondered where the voices are, where those texts are... Which they never publish anywhere, means it's rigging, I've never believed especially in recent years that the vote wasn't rigging, kaxa is the jury sitting there publishing or setting up screens where the votes are coming in - now they've played songs that are totally lame. If anyone voted for this then this world has been thugged to hell

I remember the days where qualifiers were announced with cards. It was such a good time.

nino77ns

I remember the days where qualifiers were announced with cards. It was such a good time.
Now this is a little funny, from the audience of real sheep, when they published nefde voting lists, they've never had some songs for my taste, but why don't they make a big screen with voices coming in the moment, not just read us and put us in waiting, and they can manipulate the voices.... This is all rigging. Who knows what money's going on in the top

FilipFromSweden

There's only 4 spots left in the second half of the final ... LOL

Loindici

Veteran
Wait, wrong discussion.

Ianp16

Was anyone else left a bit cold after last nights show? It’s probably because of COVID and lack of audience etc but there wasn’t as much “feel good” feeling about the performances. Everything seemed a bit stiff and awkward for the majority of the performances. There was only a handful of songs that I felt relaxed watching.

harey

Just watched the YouTube views of SF performances (to me it's interesting to see who DOESN'T get the hype, because it's hard to say for example for a big country like Russia if locals are watching the videos and we can get who doesn't have instant impact).

So:
Russia 957k
Ukraine 687k
Cyprus 523k
Azerbaijan 366k
Croatia 345k
Malta 225k
Lituanie 225k
Israel 220k
Romania 130k
Belgium 121k
Norway 116k
Sweden 97k
North Macedonia 89k
Australia 80k
Irlande 12 points (kidding, 72k)
Slovenia 50k

Just watched the YouTube views of SF performances (to me it's interesting to see who DOESN'T get the hype, because it's hard to say for example for a big country like Russia if locals are watching the videos and we can get who doesn't have instant impact).

So:
Russia 957k
Ukraine 687k
Cyprus 523k
Azerbaijan 366k
Croatia 345k
Malta 225k
Lituanie 225k
Israel 220k
Romania 130k
Belgium 121k
Norway 116k
Sweden 97k
North Macedonia 89k
Australia 80k
Slovenia 50k

Thats almost the same ranking as the the rehearsal videos. Hard to draw conclusions, since the rehearsal videos were (like you hinted) trending in certain countries and it seems to me the people from that country which got overexcited are the same who now click on these videos which then probably leads to trending in that country.

KEiiNO had like ~300k views after 24 hours, while Alexander Rybak had ~750k. Melovin had almost the same amount of views as Eleni, but 50% more likes and thus by far the most liked semi performance in 2018. Those likes in 2018 must have come mainly from ukrainians. His 7th place with televoters looks impressive, but his points mainly came from eastern europe, while he was extremely low with televoters in western countries (belgium for example 24th, uk 23rd, germany 20th, sweden 21st etc).

lasse braun

So:
Russia 957k
Ukraine 687k
Cyprus 523k
Azerbaijan 366k
Croatia 345k
Malta 225k
Lituanie 225k
Israel 220k
Romania 130k
Belgium 121k
Norway 116k
Sweden 97k
North Macedonia 89k
Australia 80k
Slovenia 50k
i think,the ukraine is on a very good way to make some noise.
further i think,that the ukraine was the winner of the day.
1,44 million hits in around 15 hours is not so bad.
xqueenbitch

AlekS

Veteran
I will post it here as well. It gives a better picture than views, imo.

:ua: Ukraine's trending on YT (peaks):

#1 - Iceland
#3 - Austria
#3 - Lithuania
#3 - Russia
#6 - Belgium
#7 - Estonia
#8 - Germany
#12 - The Netherlands
#14 - Sweden
#18 - The UK
#21 - Poland
#22 - Denmark
#36 - Czech Republic

#1 in all those countries among non-local entries (except Estonia & Germany where Russia is higher).

Edit: Updates added.

Last edited:
Top Bottom