Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

FilipFromSweden

YAY Eurovision week! Today it's 730 days since we last had Eurovision and it truly feels that long. Eurovision is the fuel that keeps me going in life when everything feels tough and so I am going to enjoy every minute of this week!!! We are literally so lucky to have this crazy phenomenon in our life

Lindon

English subtitles available

Lance Esgard

Not sure if I like this idea.

I'm getting Melodifestavalen vibes. It's like the Melodifestavalen heart system which responds to people voting live, except instead it's a cheer instead of a vote and it influences what is heard after the performance (presumably) rather than what is heard during it.

I get the idea of doing something like this for a virtual audience, but lumping everyone together can have the unintended consequence of influencing casual televoters to think certain songs worked better/are more popular when it is really because the nation in question has a bigger population/diaspora. Maybe such a thing wouldn't sway televoters, but how can we know that it couldn't?

I would be happier with this idea if there was some way for geographical spread to be taken into account.

crashworld

Veteran
I'm getting Melodifestavalen vibes. It's like the Melodifestavalen heart system which responds to people voting live, except instead it's a cheer instead of a vote and it influences what is heard after the performance (presumably) rather than what is heard during it.

I get the idea of doing something like this for a virtual audience, but lumping everyone together can have the unintended consequence of influencing casual televoters to think certain songs worked better/are more popular when it is really because the nation in question has a bigger population/diaspora. Maybe such a thing wouldn't sway televoters, but how can we know that it couldn't?

I would be happier with this idea if there was some way for geographical spread to be taken into account.

Every artist deserves the same level of cheers just for being there. Why make this awkward for the artists and letting them know how popular they are especially the ones that are not.

lasse braun

oops hit the wrong thread - deleted.

Last edited:

Lindon

MopManMoss

Veteran
Still not over what an awful snippet Lake Malawi got in 2019 theres no way that they should have only got 7 votes from the televote

Mainshow

Veteran
Who's going to watch the Duncan concert at EuroVillage about to start in 2 minutes?

Mainshow

Veteran
Maybe he doesn't? dunno - or that concert at EuroVillage is pre-recorded?

Top Bottom