Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Etanna

....In other news: EBU is trying to change to change the bad running order by reversing the order of the numbers shown in the recaps.
fascinating how many new things they've managed to come up with all the while there are so many other things they should have been worried about more. Reminds me of me procrastinating before an exam

Gitte

Are all the recaps like that, or is the first recap the usual way and the second recap from last to first?

Sammy

Veteran
I'm not saying it's a solution or approve it, I just say that I understand that he went for it if what's said is indeed true
no I dont understand that. And apparently it was a conflict with a stage assistent. I doubt anyone of the staff would be that unprofessional to make such a remark. That sounds like a rumor torn from the topic of his song.

Biste

Are all the recaps like that, or is the first recap the usual way and the second recap from last to first?
What kind of ridiculous things are happening today?

giphy.gif

0scar

no I dont understand that. And apparently it was a conflict with a stage assistent. I doubt anyone if the staff would be that unprofessional.

Oh but you assume and won't believe Joost is that unprofessional? Innocent until proven guilty I'd say but here we are.
I won't say it wasn't Joost starting a fight but it could very well be a stage assistant just as it could be Joost with the little information we seem to have.

NeoTen

What is your source NeoTen?
There are Dutch people in production and Swedish teens volunteering. They often just text you if people are running not following the script or smth happens. I'm not media (they have an internal slack channel) so I mostly get info from betters that buy tickets for the dress rehearsals (you can only buy one for the last ones, so that bring me to the following). That the incident happened at all yesterday was Swedish press all running to find someone there after Joost and his crew were ordered to leave the building. That the incident was involving some altercation was one Dutch media my guy asked. This last one that it was regarding a statement he wanted to make was a different journalist he (the better) asked.
All three journalists he asked are from TV stations and Newspapers as well. Last one said; just what I heard so, not 100% sure, but I'd put my money on it, the other two we already got confirmed to be true. Even his delegation now say, EBU is discussing what they'll do. They're not allowed to make further statements.

NemesisNick

Here is a video, containing my reactions when the ten qualifying countries were announced at the end of the Eurovision Song Contest 2024 Second Semi-Final, last night (9 May 2024). My comments reflect how I felt about countries I wanted (or didn't want) qualifying to the Eurovision Song Contest 2024 Grand Final on 11 May 2024.
Nemesis Nick Talks Eurovision: ESC 2024 Semi-Final 2 Qualifiers Reaction

soulm8

Apparently Joost was harassed by some Israeli who mocked him and his deceased father, to whom he dedicated Europapa. Gosh, if this is what triggered him, then I really feel for him. Still no excuse for physical violence but that is poor taste.
Really? Absolute shame, this turned into a circus! I’m gonna say I’m so glad my country is not taking part of this nonsense! Beyond shameful event! If this is the case, full support for Joost!!!!!!!!

Loindici

Veteran
... gosh, never thought (one of) the most controversy-packed Eurovision in years would happen in Sweden.

NeoTen

They.. what?
I don't get this lool
Sorry my friend. What I mean is: They are showing the numbers in the recaps in reverse order after the first time.

So normally they show them 1 to 24. Now they're starting with 24 and are showing all numbers in descending order. So start with 24, 23 and 22 etc.

Sammy

Veteran
Oh but you assume and won't believe Joost is that unprofessional? Innocent until proven guilty I'd say but here we are.
I won't say it wasn't Joost starting a fight but it could very well be a stage assistant just as it could be Joost with the little information we seem to have.
I did not draw a conclusion so far. I was just refuting a rumour. But he acted pretty unprofessional yesterday.

Andrin

Rerverse order in the second recap ?

They hope to get more votes for Sweden and host it for the 8th time ?

Top Bottom