Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

NeoTen

According to rumors, Joost had a fight with Swedish photographer in the arena.

And this is I think what @Oscar meant(?); Israeli TV tried to ask Joost his friends why they were banned from the premises, and they already didn't tried to answer. So, I sense something here.

MopManMoss

Veteran
What makes no sense to me is that Osterdahl is obsessed with promoting Eurovision as a brand outside of Europe and getting big sponsorshios but then he keeps making decisions that create nothing but negatively for the brand and it's potential opportunities

0scar

And this is I think what @Oscar meant(?); Israeli TV tried to ask Joost his friends why they were banned from the premises, and they already didn't tried to answer. So, I sense something here.

Well not necessarily. Apparently but not confirmed, earlier on there was an incident where Joost refused to be interviewed/shot by Israeli media, and they did anyway. Following up on that, there were Israeli fans who mocked Joost and targeted him with his deceased father. At least there is some tension between the Israeli and the Dutch present at the arena, and this feels like just one chapter in this story.

NeoTen

First it was a stage manager, then it was an Israeli delegation member, and now they turned into a Swedish photographer? xstars
That Swedish and Israeli delegation member I haven't got confirmed with any of the media or production on site. Israeli guy stalking Joost his friends is a journalist. Just saying.
More Dutch media are getting notified he will disqualified if he and his crew don't apologize today. Show would go on with no replacements, but EBU is discussing options, with DQ looming. Appears to be Dutch broadcaster responsible also has to promise Joost and his crew will behave and don't try anything from now until the winner announcement.

Ted Talks

What makes no sense to me is that Osterdahl is obsessed with promoting Eurovision as a brand outside of Europe and getting big sponsorshios but then he keeps making decisions that create nothing but negatively for the brand and it's potential opportunities
What makes no sense to me is people thinking Martin Osterdahl is 100% behind every decision. I've said it on here before, but calling for him to resign achieves what? A few likes on here clearly, but nothing more.

Martin is the public face of the EBU who is following decisions from higher-ups and an EBU board. Do people seriously think he is making every single individual decision?

If they are, then they're idiots. The EBU - which Martin is a part of, but a small cog in a bigger machine - have made a mess for themselves. But blaming one man for a wider series of decisions just smacks as stupidity to me. Call for the EBU as a whole to change. That's what people should do.

NeoTen

Well not necessarily. Apparently but not confirmed, earlier on there was an incident where Joost refused to be interviewed/shot by Israeli media, and they did anyway. Following up on that, there were Israeli fans who mocked Joost and targeted him with his deceased father. At least there is some tension between the Israeli and the Dutch present at the arena, and this feels like just one chapter in this story.
Ooohhh....have not heard this, need to ask around. Thx!

And btw: there are still protesters planning to storm the Arena, like they actually tried in the SF. Idiotic amounts of drama all around.

aef

If that reverse recap thing turns out to be true then it’s a very ridiculous joke. The only point of that is to show :se: last?

0scar

Another thing that's striking to me is that if it would be something like Joost getting into a fight with a stage assistant or Swedish photographer, or anyone really, I feel like AVROTROS and Joost would be quick to sent out a proper apology. The fact that they haven't seems odd to me.

NeoTen

Israel got 0 points in the televoting simulation of the rehearsal. I'm scared to even place an emoji on that.

AliceEsc

Oh my gosh, this feels like the plot of a really bad political thriller. In a few years Hollywood will make a movie out of this. Any guesses who plays the characters involved?? :LOL:
I'll play the extra actor in the first scene, sitting on my couch on a Thursday night, extremely happy for :lv: Q.

And then shitstorm happens.

Top Bottom