Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
The behavior by the Israeli is disgusting (if true), but violence can NEVER, and I mean NEVER be a solution!!

I'm not saying it's a solution or approve it, I just say that I understand that he went for it if what's said is indeed true

EscGeek

Veteran

Teaisloveable

If whatever has happened needs to end in disqualification then so be it.of course at this stage it's all theories so fingers crossed it works out for the best.

But there's a certain irony in a Dutch disqualification the day before the final whilst Israel escape disqualification and jump to 2nd in the odds

Grinch

Honestly, I don't believe an Israeli person (from the delegation?) made fun of his deceased father and that's the reason of the fight. Probably there was a physical fight but with the staff/stage manager.

NeoTen

I can add to @Oscar (can't confirm his rumour)
I'm really scared to place this but as that discussion is 1 I wanna stay out of, the "thing about the stage where he got physical" is rumoured to be apparently "he wanted to make an anti Israeli-statement yesterday and brought props and was refused and went back to fight the production and (ass.) stage manager after his performance"
Would explain his outburst at the press convo.

Andrin

Also it's probably best to just wait for official announcements because the rumour train is quite the powerhouse in the modern internet landscape, I'd say.
Official statement does not necessarily mean more clarity. It may be formulated in very vague terms and simply convey the message about DQ without giving much detail.

Etanna

We should wait. Remember how there were the drugs rumours about Maneskin which turned out to be completely untrue but they were harassed about it for days and had to even take tests. Just because of an ambiguous 1 second long shot from a distance

crashworld

Veteran
I can add to @Oscar (can't confirm his rumour)
I'm really scared to place this but as that discussion is 1 I wanna stay out of, the "thing about the stage where he got physical" is rumoured to be apparently "he wanted to make an anti Israeli-statement yesterday and brought props and was refused and went back to fight the production and (ass.) stage manager after his performance"
Would explain his outburst at the press convo.

So was the altercation today or last night? If the altercation happened last night, then why EBU waited only today to bar him from rehearsing when he was practically there during the flag parade?

This is really confusing.

Top Bottom