Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Paco Roca

It's the first time automatic qualifiers are performing live amongst the semi-final competitors, isn't it?
Maybe I was late in reaching the meaning of your question, I'm in the weight room training my back and triceps (my mental strength comes from Bodybuilding 🤣). It's possible that I misunderstood. Thinking that the Italian public was wrong because it is the first time they have witnessed the change in format makes no sense. Other countries would have made a mistake too and I think they were warned by their media that voting was not possible. Furthermore, the other years they would have also made a mistake by voting for the nation closest to their performance order, because they wanted to vote for themselves, don't you think? I think that Rai warned us of the disaster ahead of time. In doing so he woke up the pro-Palestinians. Or even if it was pro-Israelis who did it, they were foolish, it's a double-edged sword.

Ajeje Brazorf

They watched it, but how many voted in the end??

And Italian televote often has a high amount of invalid votes.

Almost nobody votes for a Eurovision Song in Italy. The Italian televote is 95% composed by diehard Eurofan voting and diaspora voting... Casuals don't vote in Sanremo, Imagine in Eurovision. They watch it, but are not really invested in it.

EscGeek

Veteran
i actually love all this drama that's happening.. i'm in a festive mood.. what can i say..:D

right now there's so many questions in my mind.. and we'll know the answers to in the next 34 hours

0scar

I cannot imagine Joost getting into a physical fight but if this is the case I cannot support him anymore. There is no excuse for violence. I would be devastated if this is the case though, as this is the first time since 2019 that I'm 100% behind our entry.

That being said, it feels like there's something REALLY fishy going on. Dutch media is reporting on this as well and talk about the "Why not?" at the qualifier's press conference, but they don't confirm it is about this incident.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
yxpzNOB.jpeg

Estonian Green room
Skull_Emoji_Icon_8cee31f2-35dd-42e7-b757-3cb8cfe72437_grande.png

I hate shit like this. It's so disrespectful. It's like them people who go out for a meal and then leave their table in an absolute state. Someone has to come in and clean that

Almost nobody votes for a Eurovision Song in Italy. The Italian televote is 95% composed by diehard Eurofan voting and diaspora voting... Casuals don't vote in Sanremo, Imagine in Eurovision. They watch it, but are not really invested in it.
do you have any data on this? any official numbers on how many votes are cast?

Gitte

So what did Joost even say/do at the press conference?
A polish(?) reporter asked Eden if her participation means she brings the other contestants in danger (something like that, not exact quote) and she was told by her delegation that she doesn't have to answer that, to which Joost out of nowhere said "why not?"

GermanBango

A polish(?) reporter asked Eden if her participation means she brings the other contestants in danger (something like that, not exact quote) and she was told by her delegation that she doesn't have to answer that, to which Joost out of nowhere said "why not?"
That's it? Uhm ok.

NeoTen

Jesus. Verbal, physical or both I wonder? And was politics involved?

I don't recall an act ever being DQd at this stage before. Has it ever happened?

Everything's a bit messy and dark today
They're saying it got physical, but only between him and the stage manager. Apparently it was about something with the stage. That's my guy told me. The Dutch delegation didn't knew today, they were very angry as Osterdahl apprently got involved and they got the call to hand in all their equipment after the stage crew brought it all up.

DQ's never happened in the contest itself. EBU is rumoured to give a new statement in 5 hours.
I'm now hearing they want to DQ him and ban him from the premisses, if he does not apologize and put out an official statement.
He apparently refused.

Gitte

I have a wedding to go to tomorrow (a closely related big big wedding) and since I don't like busy parties I was planning to go to my hotel room at one point in the evening after dinner etc to just chill and watch the ESC, but maybe I should just tolerate the party instead because this is a lot.

I also have fomo though and refuse to miss out on news/drama.

SpiritofKeiino

They're saying it got physical, but only between him and the stage manager. Apparently it was about something with the stage. That's my guy told me. The Dutch delegation didn't knew today, they were very angry as Osterdahl apprently got involved and they got the call to hand in all their equipment after the stage crew brought it all up.

DQ's never happened in the contest itself. EBU is rumoured to give a new statement in 5 hours.
I'm now hearing they want to DQ him and ban him from the premisses, if he does not apologize and put out an official statement.
He apparently refused.
Oh no. This sounds very bad. Europapa is my favourite entry of the year but if he got physical with a staff member then I can't support him anymore. What an awful season this is turning out to be.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it was physical I wonder what triggered it? Joost doesn't cross me as the diva type to kick off, but if he did then tbh I feel like this is partly of his own making. If it was the stage manager then it would be unfair to disqualify him

Top Bottom